Justin Fields decides to remain a leghumper

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Fun fact, Meyer lost to a West team every year he was here and never beat Auburn. That was with elite talent...talent that MSU would only dream of. Good thing he was coaching at UF instead of MSU because who knows how he'd be thought of today.

All our coaches have seemed to have had trouble with the west, even Spurrier had a tougher time with the west.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
All our coaches have seemed to have had trouble with the west, even Spurrier had a tougher time with the west.
No one wants to take a road trip to any of those hellholes..... especially Missippi.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I like the sentiment but I've been Muswainened. Santa's dead to me. (until proven otherwise)

I hear you. And I’m not predicting DM is going to get us back to that per se. I just think at times we make too much of particular systems.

I was watching the 2006 ut game on some channel where it was the vol broadcasters. After Tebow did his first few direct snap runs, one of the guys says “that’s just running the QB...not sure that’s gonna work for long”. Over the next 4 years, teams knew exactly what was coming and generally couldn’t stop it. No different than Uk in ‘93 or ut in ‘96 knowing we were gonna throw those pass plays. We just ran it to perfection because the head man demanded so.

Renard904

Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Mullen? I went back 5 years on Rivals and it is 25th. So, it's not like he was playing against teams(ranked or unranked) with 150lb linemen or 190 pound linebackers. One could argue he under performed with his talent. Seems like he never outschemed anyone.
You'd NEVER win anything averaging the 25th best class in the country. How many top tier talented kids do you think there are? After about the top 10-12 the top 5* and high end 4* kids are all gone. And you're going to consistently recruit at that level and beat the top teams? Yeah right!

Instead of looking at the class rankings, tell me how many 5*s he recruited. Tell me what the average star rating was over that same period.

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Mullen? I went back 5 years on Rivals and it is 25th. So, it's not like he was playing against teams(ranked or unranked) with 150lb linemen or 190 pound linebackers. One could argue he under performed with his talent. Seems like he never outschemed anyone.
25th in the country is towards the bottom in the SEC.

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
I thought Ole Miss was suppose to be nice, at least that what TV always tries to sale me.
I went there for a game a long time ago, Manning vrs Grossman and wasn't all that impressed. The grove or the town square weren't that great. I liked the Starkvegas and Miss St campus much better.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So....is Fields to UF a done deal or what?
won't happen, but you have to take a shot. just him getting on campus is great optics for us with other recruits.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Wonder ... if Fields were to come here, would UGa withdraw his sister's 2019 scolarship??

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
They'd lose recruiting opportunities across all sports if they did that

I was just spoofing. However, don't you think this achieves a psychological obligation on Justin's decision.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I was just spoofing. However, don't you think this achieves a psychological obligation on Justin's decision.
Nah, think he wants to go to UGA. He was just feeling out other options during the summer. I think he'd do better with Mullen than Kirby, but he'll do great up there too, most likely.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
I went there for a game a long time ago, Manning vrs Grossman and wasn't all that impressed. The grove or the town square weren't that great. I liked the Starkvegas and Miss St campus much better.

My daughter is a freshman there. Went to their homecoming this year. The school and town are small but overall I liked the environment.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I thought Ole Miss was suppose to be nice, at least that what TV always tries to sale me.
The Grove is nice with shady oaks and coeds in sundresses it makes for a unique tailgating experience. The stadium is nothing special. I can't say anything about Oxford as we drive the hour and a half to Memphis to party. It's one of the better away game weekends.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator