Justin Fields decides to remain a leghumper

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
108 ranked passing offense this year with his handpicked quarterback.
I think the less passing in the schemes evolved from Fitzgerald busting so many big-gain runs, even long yardage.
Odd with DM using a no-brainer to be smart. Tailored to his personnel?

You are a member of that select group of individuals who can complain about an offense winning a national championship.

Can't you see Swonkey on that Natty podium, confetti falling on him, leaning into the mike & saying "Not the way I'd have done it."

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I’m trying to figure out what would happen if we got all the GC members together for a face to face discussion. Either an all out brawl, or everyone would be too polite because nobody would be nearly as nasty as they are with the benefit of an interwebs buffer.
Edit: Except for donkey. I think he’d remain unfiltered regardless.

... need a bigger room with all the two-faced.

I didn’t say that at all.
... well then take it back, damnit!

Then all dads would tell their QB-sons to pick a PAC-12 school.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

... and you know they wouldn't do worse trying out passing QBs they had.

Acecustis

Sep 25, 2017
The thing is with the new "initial counter rule" we can only take 25 kids (new recruits, juco or grad transfers) regardless.

Not to mention that most jucos dont have the prereqs (equivalent of Florida AA not tough but very specific in numbers of hours in specific places and some Florida test, maybe CLAST?) or they wont be eligible to transfer to us. It isnt something they can fix on a whim.

I have asked this on the other site but can't get a straight answer. You seem like you might know.

If we let go of the 9 kids from the CC scandal, does that give us an extra 9 scholly's? Or can we just take 25 and are down 9 players regardless?

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Georgia has the 110th passing offense with 100 fewer passing attempts than we do. What the absolute **** are you talking about. And that’s WITH Nussbutters offense. They are not better than anyone. Even MSU has a better passing offense than Georgia this year and they’ve been run heavy with Fitzy :lmao2:

You’ve done nothing but stick by a dead argument these last few days. Just stop

Edit add on: you’re just trying to complain for no reason. Miami’s qb got pulled for being beyond mediocre against Pitt. And Auburn is dead lucky they got Stidham otherwise they’d be mediocre yet again at the qb position. You’re just trying to find any way you can to ignore 7 3,000+ passing seasons in Mullen’s career dating back to 2005, and even in 05 we had 2700 yards.

Last edited:

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
Corral should be highly upset and I wouldn't lame him if he decommitted. First Mullen offers the Qb who was committed to Miss St then goes and visits Fields today. To me it shows that Mullen is not to interested in Corral even though Corral is the rock that's been keeping this class together and is a very good Qb. Personally I think Fields has no intrest in UF and never did he was all UGA the whole time.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Corral should be highly upset and I wouldn't lame him if he decommitted. First Mullen offers the Qb who was committed to Miss St then goes and visits Fields today. To me it shows that Mullen is not to interested in Corral even though Corral is the rock that's been keeping this class together and is a very good Qb. Personally I think Fields has no intrest in UF and never did he was all UGA the whole time.

Yeah...about that....should the new coach take a chance and put all his eggs in the Corral basket when he really doesnt fit his style of offense? Not saying I want Corral to go elsewhere I am just being realistic. He needs to be recruiting talent to all positions.

GatorShea

Feb 10, 2016
I think Corral sticks. I doubt he is afraid of competition. If you are upset with how things are going, you don't share things that shine a positive light on where your hurt feelings come from.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
He wants to be a gator badly. He loves UF. I want that in a kid. He only thought about leaving over the prospect of Nutters offense and how it will ruin your career. He’s a smart kid

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I have asked this on the other site but can't get a straight answer. You seem like you might know.

If we let go of the 9 kids from the CC scandal, does that give us an extra 9 scholly's? Or can we just take 25 and are down 9 players regardless?
the basic rule is you get 85 total scholarships. And you can take 25 per year. losing 9 to credit cards or having people leave early for the NFL or whatever doesn't change the rule at all.

the rule used to be you could only could take 25 commitments per year from high school kids. now there is the additional rule that you can only take 25 initial counters which includes jucos and grad transfers. t

here is also count back rule. some kids who enroll early can count back to the last class. frankly that's hard to keep up with and I have no idea exactly how many have been counting back all these years.

I think the number is close to 7 out of the 9 potential early enrollees can count back but that's just a rumor I heard.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Word is Mullen HAS NOT reached out to Corral at all yet. Seeing how bad this kid wants to be here I’m not sure I understand that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.