Justin Watkins arrested

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
http://www.tampabay.com/sports/flor...n-watkins-kicked-females-car-broke-her-phone/

Tampa Bay Times:

"One of the Florida Gators' top incoming recruits was released from jail early Wednesday after police allege he kicked a female's car and broke her phone after an argument.

Justin Watkins — a four-star athlete from Clermont — and an unnamed female had a verbal argument last week. Watkins then took her cell phone, left and later threw it on the ground, shattering its screen, according to a probable cause affidavit obtained Thursday by the Tampa Bay Times.

Watkins followed the female to the student parking lot at a Marion County high school. He then kicked her car and tried to let air out of the tires — an action confirmed by the school's video surveillance.

Because Watkins was not a student at the unnamed high school, he was arrested Tuesday afternoon on a misdemeanor complaint of trespassing on school grounds. According to jail records, he was released at 2:37 a.m. on $500 bond.

Watkins attended three schools, most recently at East Ridge. Regarded as one of the top 100 prospects in the nation, he finished his prep career with 56 total touchdowns and almost 4,000 yards of offense."

Dude...SMH

EyeDocGator

Politically Incorrect
Lifetime Member
Oct 26, 2015
At least it's not credit card fraud.

Incoming 4-star Florida signee Justin Watkins arrested for trespassing

Incoming Florida wide receiver Justin Watkins reportedly was arrest earlier this week.
Justin Watkins/courtesy

Just a short time away from enrolling at Florida, 4-star Gators signee Justin Watkins was arrested in Marion County, Fla., on Wednesday afternoon, according to online police records and multiple reports.

Police arrested Watkins for school trespassing at 3:48 p.m. on Wednesday afternoon. He was held at Marion County Jail until posting a $500 bond Thursday at 2:37 a.m. He will face a misdemeanor charge.

A dynamic wide receiver in high school, Watkins is listed as an athlete in Florida’s 2018 recruiting class, although his best chance to play quickly in the Swamp may be as a cornerback.

“Justin and I talked the other day,” Mullen said this spring, according to Thomas Goldkamp of 247Sports. “I think he might start at corner.”

Here is Watkins’ mugshot, from mugshotsocala.com.

Screen-Shot-2018-05-10-at-11.30.25-AM-610x322_lhttpt.png

There has been no comment from the Gators on Watkins arrest. He likely will face some sort of discipline upon arriving on campus this summer.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
At least it's not credit card fraud.

Incoming 4-star Florida signee Justin Watkins arrested for trespassing

Incoming Florida wide receiver Justin Watkins reportedly was arrest earlier this week.
Justin Watkins/courtesy

Just a short time away from enrolling at Florida, 4-star Gators signee Justin Watkins was arrested in Marion County, Fla., on Wednesday afternoon, according to online police records and multiple reports.

Police arrested Watkins for school trespassing at 3:48 p.m. on Wednesday afternoon. He was held at Marion County Jail until posting a $500 bond Thursday at 2:37 a.m. He will face a misdemeanor charge.

A dynamic wide receiver in high school, Watkins is listed as an athlete in Florida’s 2018 recruiting class, although his best chance to play quickly in the Swamp may be as a cornerback.

“Justin and I talked the other day,” Mullen said this spring, according to Thomas Goldkamp of 247Sports. “I think he might start at corner.”

Here is Watkins’ mugshot, from mugshotsocala.com.

Screen-Shot-2018-05-10-at-11.30.25-AM-610x322_lhttpt.png

There has been no comment from the Gators on Watkins arrest. He likely will face some sort of discipline upon arriving on campus this summer.
School trespassing? Didn't he know that football players don't have to go to class?

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
When did the University of Florida Police Department start patrolling in Marion County.

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
Just a domestic violence incident :stirpot: ...sounds like he could have been charged with more, breaking phone, etc

GolfinDog

Banned
BANNED
Jul 21, 2016
BACCBC01-C6E7-40B3-9805-DF266599C748.jpeg Everyone remain calm. The wolf has been called. HJ is on this MFer.

Last edited:

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Looks like this guy will be a headache, seems like we always get a few in each class, and they’re supposed to be some of our more talented recruits. After reading this, I got a feeling he’ll be in trouble a few times at least while he’s here. I remember getting into arguments with girlfriends as a teenager, strictly verbal, maybe a little yelling, but nothing close to what he allegedly done. I hope he can get straightened out, but he’s about to be in an environment with a whole lot more females and drama. Having my doubts that he’ll be able to deal with it for 3-4 years.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
We're back!!!

Just kidding. Sad story. Hopefully he gets his sh*t together. Too much at stake to do crap like this...

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
He was arrested for going to school? Why the white man tryin to keep a brotha down like that? Dude just tryin to get his education. :shakehead:

GolfinDog

Banned
BANNED
Jul 21, 2016
It was a misunderstanding, where he simply showed up at the wrong address.

The house he was supposed to be at was on the corner of 2nd and 26th.

Ouch. Statistically one of the toughest down and distances to defend. But you know you win some (4) and you lose some (7). Everyone knows it would’ve been 5 wins without the hurricane.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.