Kalashnikov Introduces New Electric Car

Tay Bang

I might have been mean to Byrd
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
994e8813175b1e334e910d00ef87b344150a2d12.jpg

Moscow (AFP) - Russian arms maker Kalashnikov on Thursday presented its new electric car inspired by a rare 1970s model, saying the new technology will rival Elon Musk's Tesla.

The brand, best known for the AK-47 machine gun, presented the decidedly retro-looking pale blue prototype, the CV-1, at a defense expo outside Moscow.

The look was inspired by a Soviet hatchback model developed in the 1970s called "Izh-Kombi," a statement on the Kalashnikov website said.

Holding company Kalashnikov Concern said it has developed some cutting-edge elements for the "electric supercar", including a "revolutionary" inverter. The vehicle can travel 350 kilometres on one charge.

Move over, Musk: Kalashnikov unveils 'electric supercar'

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
That looks... ummmmm....

Paint it green and put a Che license plate, though. Very west coast progressive marxist chique.

Not sure why there is a radiator cutout though.

Needs a bike rack on top, for when it breaks down.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
I like the color and the wheels, the front has too much wind resistance for my tastes. I wonder how much it costs and what facilities will exist to service it. Tesla already has issues with service, especially when they have defects like I have heard recently.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Until they come with a mini reactor I’ll not be spending a dime on an electric car.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Until they come with a mini reactor I’ll not be spending a dime on an electric car.

They have them. Small modular reactor - Wikipedia

And you can if you have enough money charge them from say solar or even wind depending on how much and where you drive.

The costs are the issue and they won't be going down that much either. I heard someone say they would be going down to half. That is stupid, the frame, body, and many other portions of a vehicle are not going down. The batteries will go down but not that much. If you can afford say a 60K car that would be fine, I can't.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
They have them. Small modular reactor - Wikipedia

And you can if you have enough money charge them from say solar or even wind depending on how much and where you drive.

The costs are the issue and they won't be going down that much either. I heard someone say they would be going down to half. That is stupid, the frame, body, and many other portions of a vehicle are not going down. The batteries will go down but not that much. If you can afford say a 60K car that would be fine, I can't.
In 1996, the Army and Navy were looking at them to be as small as a small generator on a tank sized vehicle (like M1 Abrams) for adjustable rate of fire and adjustable velocity per projectile rail guns.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
This cannot be serious.

I'm guessing publicity ploy.

Alex.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.