Kap blackballed?

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Somebody will bite the bullet and pay the loser millions..... That will make him a winner at life!

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
This douche bag ain't worth the headache. He "blackballed" himself.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Well don't this give kaepernick a lot more time to donate to " his cause" and more time to protest the "injustice " in this society.

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
I think scum is a strong word. I will say this ,it's like Coach Mac says you have freedom of choice but not of consequences

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Good riddance. By the way, he's a terrible QB. Why would anyone give him a shot?

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
And did anyone believe his change of heart about standing for the national anthem?

I hope he never sees the field again.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
He as an individual citizen has the right to protest on his own time. The fact that the NFL subjected it's customers to his protest by allowing him to bring politics to work shows a complete lack of courage. You have the right to free speech, but you do not have the right to be employed. The NFL should have taken a stand and told him he was not allowed to be a political activist while at work.

No owner in their right mind would pay him to disrupt their workplace and potentially drive away customers. It has nothing to do with which side of the political spectrum he is on or if he is wrong or right. Many expect entertainment to be an escape from the real world. It's not entertaining to have a band or player shove their personal politics down your throat.

Kap was being selfish. He was placing his own personal need to express his opinion above the needs of his teammates, employers, advertisers, sponsors and the fans of the team. He is not a hero. He is simply self absorbed. His actions did little more than bring attention to himself.

Kap chose not to be employed by the NFL.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I paid no attention to this idiot during the year because his argumentation was irrational. However, his stats from last year aren't bad. At the very least, he would be a solid backup. I know he is better than Chad Henne for my jags and most other backups in the NFL. Gator2222 is dead on. This is about business. No one wants that circus in their locker room.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
It's amazing how a little $$$ or the possibility of not having it can effect your knee. So he'll stand now. Pure scum. Gets what he deserves.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You mean an overpriced backup, that can't read defenses and isn't an accurate thrower is still on the market? Is he getting blackballed, for some teams yes. But much like Tebow, he is an overpriced player who can't read NFL defenses. You take away his first option and spy a linebacker on him to keep him in the pocket he is a below average NFL passer.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He as an individual citizen has the right to protest on his own time. The fact that the NFL subjected it's customers to his protest by allowing him to bring politics to work shows a complete lack of courage. You have the right to free speech, but you do not have the right to be employed. The NFL should have taken a stand and told him he was not allowed to be a political activist while at work.

No owner in their right mind would pay him to disrupt their workplace and potentially drive away customers. It has nothing to do with which side of the political spectrum he is on or if he is wrong or right. Many expect entertainment to be an escape from the real world. It's not entertaining to have a band or player shove their personal politics down your throat.

Kap was being selfish. He was placing his own personal need to express his opinion above the needs of his teammates, employers, advertisers, sponsors and the fans of the team. He is not a hero. He is simply self absorbed. His actions did little more than bring attention to himself.

Kap chose not to be employed by the NFL.

I agree completely.
While he was showing off for his liberal friends, he was being praised for his courage. It does not take courage to do something without fear of retribution. Now that it is time to pay the piper, all the sudden Mr. Hotshot is not so courageous. Seems pretty clear to me and I don't see any justification for playing the race card but I guess old habits......

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I agree completely.
While he was showing off for his liberal friends, he was being praised for his courage. It does not take courage to do something without fear of retribution. Now that it is time to pay the piper, all the sudden Mr. Hotshot is not so courageous. Seems pretty clear to me and I don't see any justification for playing the race card but I guess old habits......

If he was more talented and an NFL passer, he would be on an NFL roster, regardless of his Politics. If Brady did the same thing, it would be a non issue.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I hope some more idiots try that flag mess and do it early in the season on the east coast and then big boycotts of games can be set up if the owners refuse to do anything about it.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If Brady did this it would still be talked about on the news probably.

On the news, but he would be in no risk of not having an NFL position. NFL owners will put up with antics of talented players, and quickly do the right thing with players who no longer help the team. If Kapernick was an average to good pro, he would be on an roster right now.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
On the news, but he would be in no risk of not having an NFL position. NFL owners will put up with antics of talented players, and quickly do the right thing with players who no longer help the team. If Kapernick was an average to good pro, he would be on an roster right now.

I see what you are saying there. Kap probably would get a backup job easily if not for this. Its kind of the same deal with arrests and borderline players get cut when arrested many times while the better players don't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb