Keep Feeding Malik Davis

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Mark Thompson needs to be a TE/HB. Continue to alternate Perine and Davis. And use Thompson for the short passing game.

Thompson sucks running the ball.
And he's not the sharpest tool in the shed.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Scarlett missing this season may end up being a blessing for next year with Davis getting all this work in.
This kid is a lot better than Scarlett. He is the real deal and needs the ball. Just wait until he grows up and out of diapers. Scarlett couldn't carry his jock right now.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
This kid is a lot better than Scarlett. He is the real deal and needs the ball. Just wait until he grows up and out of diapers. Scarlett couldn't carry his jock right now.
I see this the same and with Scarlett out of the way Davis and Perrine will both develop faster....

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Ive been saying for a few weeks now that MD is the real deal. I can see why Perinne gets his carries but Malik looks
to be special. Btw I saw him throw a great block on a strong pass rush later in the game.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
No doubt Davis is going to be special. His ability to accelerate through the hole is amazing. Loved his effort on the one TD where he twisted and lunged forward to get the TD. Like what I see.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
The third-and-long for tough yards was as impressive as the TD run late. He's gifted and unusually strong for his size.

Wait...you're saying we ran on 3rd and long? j/k. Still, what I found myself looking for was called pass plays - what RB was left in there to pick up blocks? I don't recall seeing anyone but MD in there and blocking fairly effectively for a freshman. It could be, that given he is our go-to-back, he becomes more of a sell of a running play to draw the defense in...but I'm just delighted to see a RB that finds the right guy to block and keeps the defender off the QB.

I wouldn't mind seeing what Lemons has got, but at this point, I don't think we see him at all this season.

I agree. I think Lemons is a red-shirt at this point.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
The kid has The Juice. But, hopefully he is nothing like The Juice off the field. If the offensive line can continue to execute and open holes for him, tougher opponents will have to respect our running game. From what I’ve noticed, Franks has thrown some of his best passes off of play action. His ability to move the chains and break big runs consistently will largely determine the success or lack thereof we have when the real season starts next week.
You mean the running game might determine our success and Mac's? Looks like someone would have thought of that before now.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Ive been saying for a few weeks now that MD is the real deal. I can see why Perinne gets his carries but Malik looks to be special. Btw I saw him throw a great block on a strong pass rush later in the game.
Adarius maybe better still once he figures out the playbook.

Our freshmen are probably our two best backs.

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
I had forgotten what it feels like to actually have a running game

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

I think the main reason for that is because he's never played running back prior to coming here. It's strange that we have him continuing to play running back.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I think the main reason for that is because he's never played running back prior to coming here. It's strange that we have him continuing to play running back.
Right. He was a WR that outgrew the position.

This staff isn't much for evaluating talent or adapting though. This time last year they were sure we had Herschel Walker on our roster.

I agree H back/TE for him. Too late now though.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
3 star...WDWHA? He was the back up plan. So funny, anyone who saw his tape could tell he was a baller against solid HS competition.
I wish we would spend more time grabbing all state kids from Tampa and Jax and less time getting thugs from Miami and the leftovers in Bama.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.