Kelvin Taylor hints at possible transfer on Twitter

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
URGatorBait;n77463 said:
That's probably a bit of a stretch.

OK........Take Matt Jones first 3 carries of every game this season and tell me what his average is ??? I'll bet it's worse than KT's. Jones has been getting stuffed in the 1st half of every game it seems to me.
Let's face it, as Fever and Law are stating our coaches are either playing favorites or are the worst assessors of talent in CFB......I think it's both myself.

LadyGator74

Sep 21, 2014
Looking at the whole picture here and not solely at the individuals on the team who are tweeting: This behavior is alarming. Players publicly expressing their discontent with the program is indicative of a pervading dysfunction that exists within it. I can only evaluate what I see and for 4 years from Muschamps's inaugural press conference to last nights's post game comments, I have witnessed a coach who is not in control of his emotions on any kind of professional level. The latest episode was his immature display of clapping and giddiness about disappointing the loud mouth Tennessee fans. Not excusing the fans, but the head coach of a major college football program should be able to rise above such silliness, make appropriate comments about his team's success, ignore the biased home crowd, and uphold the stature of the profession he was chosen to fulfill. His lack of control and emotional intellect outweigh his knowledge of Xs and Os. It is no wonder he is losing the locker room. Muschamp is what he is, no feigning or guessing about this man, and the players aren't stupid. It has been said over and over and over ad nauseum, but it doesn't make it any less true: Muschamp is in over his head and the results of his tenure as head coach speak for themselves.

KCgator

Superhero
Sep 7, 2014
Gator Fever;n77431 said:
Some are saying he got mad Taylor messed up on a block late 1st quarter. Its crazy how Muschamp looks the other way when certain players make mistakes and others he wants to bench immediately despite their abilities.

Driskel got sacked on a play where Mack Brown whiffed at a block on a d-lineman yet Bumblenuts still saw fit to keep playing him. Chimp is simply too dense to be allowed anywhere near the offense. My hate letter to Foley is already in the mail.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
LadyGator74;n77481 said:
Muschamp is in over his head and the results of his tenure as head coach speak for themselves.

A point that was made evident last year and painfully evident this year.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Safe to say if we get a new coach there will still be a bunch of transfers. Part of the problem is being a spread team spending years to switch to a pro style and then switching back to spread starting over.

ntcrze

Founding Member
Banned
Banned
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
He needs to stick it out with UF and at least see what the new coach wants to do. It isn't like he's been a stellar back at Florida. There is little difference between him and Mack Brown. I repeatedly said that if they had the same number on last year, you wouldn't be able to identify which one was carrying the ball. The propaganda put out during the off season about him being quicker and faster this year was nonsense like all of the other fluff with the exception of the punter. I guess UF can be proud that they have two 'NFL punters.'

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
ntcrze;n77490 said:
He needs to stick it out with UF and at least see what the new coach wants to do. It isn't like he's been a stellar back at Florida. There is little difference between him and Mack Brown. I repeatedly said that if they had the same number on last year, you wouldn't be able to identify which one was carrying the ball. The propaganda put out during the off season about him being quicker and faster this year was nonsense like all of the other fluff with the exception of the punter. I guess UF can be proud that they have two 'NFL punters.'

You must have missed some games due to watching FSU playing. He was clearly better than Mack Brown.

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait;n77349 said:
I agree, and had this Harris situation not occurred, JD wouldn't have been on the field. I still suspect Harris has the edge against JD even if JD starts against Mizzou, Harris will end up taking the job during that game.
Without Harris, the options weren't that great. Either give JD a shot, play a terrible 4th string back up in Mornhinweg, or burn WG's redshirt, none of those options are/were ideal.

Harris might ( should) take JD's job, but I do not think msuchamp intended to play him this week anyway. There is an assumption that muschamp put him in last week because belatedly he had had enough of JD. There is really no particular evidence of this when you consider how stubborn muschamp is and his pre game comments from last week- that harris would not play., combined with his post game explanation last week, and some fan observations of what occurred immediately before harris went in.

To recap- Muschmap said in his tenn post game that JD had taken quite a few hits ( probably followed by a statement or 2 about JD's toughness and composure) . I did not connect this right away with the next part. Then he said he thought JD needed a bit of time on the bench. Though he should stay out a series. ( probably not to get his head straight , but to rest). Observation by others was that the previous series JD had fallen on his shoulder ( throwing shoulder I presume), that this was clear on fans' replay , and that after he got up he was moving and rubbing the arm. ( I actually remember noticing that part)

I think and strongly believe the only reason Harris saw the field was to give JD a chance to rest his shoulder for a series ( 2 series, as it turned out after the TD which I am sure muschamp did not anticipate happening in the first series out there due to his delusions and philosophy of having to grind out a TD) I do not believe muschamp has had a change of opinion- Remember he still said driskle gave us our best chance afterward. He had to field the enthusiasm and expectations after the game, then the sexual assault accusation took care of the issue for the week. Hope to see Harris, but do not think muschamp's opinion of the better QB has altered.

biggator6

Oct 2, 2014
williston_gator;n77488 said:
Safe to say if we get a new coach there will still be a bunch of transfers. Part of the problem is being a spread team spending years to switch to a pro style and then switching back to spread starting over.

To be fair, we never really switched styles - we've been running the same crap for all 4 years under chump... I have seen very, very little difference in the offense across three different OCs.

Where did our 'up tempo' offense go?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Muschamp said we need to get the ball more in the RBs hands like Kelvin when discussing Driskel running against LSU. It seemed the remark was due to what is out there probably.

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n77610 said:
Muschamp said we need to get the ball more in the RBs hands like Kelvin when discussing Driskel running against LSU. It seemed the remark was due to what is out there probably.

If all it takes for him to give the ball more to the RBs is to put it out there on twitter, hopefully he reads everything out there about him getting fired or resigning and follows that advice.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
URGatorBait;n77341 said:
You keep saying that, and Taylor continues to fail to do anything with the ball when he gets it.
I'm not making excuses for JD or Muschamp anymore. It's time you stop making excuses for Taylor.

Agree. I have not been impressed with Taylor. And blocking is important, you're not going to get the ball every time.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Swamp A$S;n77351 said:
Deandre Goolsby also hinted on twitter he isn't pleased with a lack of PT. Looking at who is starting over him I don't blame him. Or Kelvin. This is a freaking dumpster fire of a program.

Forgot about him. Seriously, after Westbrook's drop. Start anyone else at tight end (except Burton).

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Concrete Helmet;n77460 said:
Are you serious ??? Kelvin Taylor is a feature back that needs to be getting 18-20 carries a game. He is the type of back who gets better and better as the game goes on and probably is on the level of Mike Davis or Gurley if used properly.... It seems our idiot coaching staff are the only ones who don't realize this.
You can't give a guy like him 2 or 3 carries in the 1st half and base his potential off that. All great RB's get better and better as the game goes on.

On the level of Gurley, are you serious. I wish that were the case.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
RocketCityGator;n77676 said:
On the level of Gurley, are you serious. I wish that were the case.

How could you say he's not ? Great backs need 15-20 carries a game to get going. The only time KT got that many carries was against USCe last year when he was getting direct snaps so that everyone in the stadium KNEW he was getting the ball....I don't think Gurley would have done any better in those circumstances-about 100 yards and 2 TD's-. Our idiot coaches just don't know sh!t about offensive football......anybody down to the casual fan knows that you have to feed a feature type back a lot of carries. Matt Jones is NOT a feature type RB, Kelvin Taylor is and would probably be a Heisman candidate if he played for anyone except Muschimp...........

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n77478 said:
OK........Take Matt Jones first 3 carries of every game this season and tell me what his average is ??? I'll bet it's worse than KT's. Jones has been getting stuffed in the 1st half of every game it seems to me.
Let's face it, as Fever and Law are stating our coaches are either playing favorites or are the worst assessors of talent in CFB......I think it's both myself.

Well yesterday Taylor has two runs for 0 yards. Hard to do worse than that. Yesterday Jones first two runs were 10 yards. In the Tenn game, he had 11 yards. So while it 'seemed' that way to you, Taylor has been doing a lot worse than Jones. Our offense just sucks right now and Taylor is part of it.

Munk

Quitter
Aug 3, 2014
All of our backs would be doing better if we actually had a threat at QB and WR. If he transfers, I wish him the best.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
G 2;n77702 said:
Well yesterday Taylor has two runs for 0 yards. Hard to do worse than that. Yesterday Jones first two runs were 10 yards. In the Tenn game, he had 11 yards. So while it 'seemed' that way to you, Taylor has been doing a lot worse than Jones. Our offense just sucks right now and Taylor is part of it.

That's because whenever he is in the game-3 or 4 times- it is a handoff to him......Put him in and LEAVE HIM in, then see how the numbers look. Anyone who thinks KT is not as talented as Alex Collins or Mike Davis just doesn't know football.......Oh wait, that would be our moronic coach.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.