KenPom's "2018 pre-season [Basketball] top ten v. 0.1"

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Florida. The Gators will lose seniors Kasey Hill, Canyon Barry, and Justin Leon from this season’s rotation. But there’s still a lot of talent returning (if it all returns). Plus, Virginia Tech transfer Jalen Hudson figures to make an impact as well.

Click the link to see what number he as in front of UF and read the article to understand what this is:

http://kenpom.com/blog/2018-pre-season-top-ten/#more-1734

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Click the link to see what number he as in front of UF and read the article to understand what this is:

http://kenpom.com/blog/2018-pre-season-top-ten/#more-1734
Man, I like to pump, but #7 is way too high :bandit: - but it's based on losing only the seniors. I got a feeling DRob's gone after his performance the past two games, and we'll be without Bu next season as well. Assuming Allen stays, we'll have one Sr. (Cheese), 3 Jrs (Allen, Hayes, Hudson), and the rest sophomores with limited experience (Stone, Gak, Hester) or redshirt/true freshmen (Bassett, Ballard, Stokes, Johnson and maybe Okauru).
If DRob comes back, I'd put us in the top 20 and expecting to make the Sweet 16 again; if not, I'd leave us out of the top 25.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Man, I like to pump, but #7 is way too high :bandit: - but it's based on losing only the seniors. I got a feeling DRob's gone after his performance the past two games, and we'll be without Bu next season as well. Assuming Allen stays, we'll have one Sr. (Cheese), 3 Jrs (Allen, Hayes, Hudson), and the rest sophomores with limited experience (Stone, Gak, Hester) or redshirt/true freshmen (Bassett, Ballard, Stokes, Johnson and maybe Okauru).
If DRob comes back, I'd put us in the top 20 and expecting to make the Sweet 16 again; if not, I'd leave us out of the top 25.

I too think Robinson is gone. I also wonder if Egbunu does not play next year too. I wonder if UF will have room for a grad transfer?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I too think Robinson is gone. I also wonder if Egbunu does not play next year too. I wonder if UF will have room for a grad transfer?

I wouldn't if Egbunu will be healthy enough to play, his injury was late in the year.

GatorBart

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Bu was projected to be back in like Jan/Feb 2018 (best case). Who knows if he even sticks around. :dunno:

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Egbunu and D Rob will be gone I bet, but we have a ton of talent coming back.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Bu was projected to be back in like Jan/Feb 2018 (best case). Who knows if he even sticks around. :dunno:

Maybe UF could make him a grad assistant coach or something, while he gets in shape for the next draft/training camps.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If Robinson continues on this tear and increases his scoring production in the tournament, he's gone.

I don't Eggs even plays next year. Why come back at the end of February. Heal yourself and come back bigger and stronger than ever.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Not sure about projections yet...but assuming Allen is back, I think we can win it all...Robinson or no Robinson...we should be better than this year imo

GatorBart

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Was that a timeline given by the school? I still feel like everyone is overestimating how long it'll take him to come back.
I believe Feb 2018 was first reported for his Bu's possible return. Each case is different though.

GatorBart

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I thought we advanced medicine to the point you could come back from an ACL faster than a year?
Depends on the severity of injury I guess, how hard the individual attacks rehab, and how quickly they can get back to 100%.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
from what ive heard it was a 12 month timeline basically eliminating him next year :sadnanner:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
We don't have the numbers for a grad transfer

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I see a lot of three guard lineups next season. That is of course assuming Kevaughn returns.
G-Chiozza
G-Allen
G-Hudson
F-Stone
F-Hayes

First off bench
C-Gak
G- Ballard
G-Hester

I don't know much about the other prospects. I could see Stokes getting minutes because he is a big body, but Ballard
will definitely be in the mix. I agree with the others that Robinson will likely bolt,and I don't really see a good reason
for big John to come back.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I think Stokes will get a lot of playing time because of his size. Ballard as well.

I agree that Robinson is gone and I think big John is gone also. He is probably going to go play overseas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator