Kentucky Beat Gamecocks

HogtownGator

It's Great to be a CCW
Aug 8, 2014
Between the epic UT meltdown and our own near fiasco, I didn't check the final score of UK v USC game until this morning. I don't know what the line was on that game, and I'm not really surprised after watching much of the Carolina game the previous week. Holy mother of pigskin, the East is in bad shape.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
:fear: oh no. Kentucky is good now.

Or USC is simply worse than we thought possible.

krisl648

Founding Member
Life Long Gator!
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
They both suck...but will probably beat us!! Hope to hell that does not happen!!!!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
This isn't your father's Kintucky team. They aren't great but they do HAVE a defense now, for the first time in the last 3 decades, and have some playmakers on offense. I won't be surprised to see them finish 3rd or 4th in the SECE. I certainly won't be surprised to see them beat Tinerc or Mizzu.

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Durty South Swamp;277899 said:
what about us?

:worried:

If we play like last night, there's a very high probability it will happen. It'll be interesting to see the opening line.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Geez…

@JoshatTheState: QB Connor Mitch has separated shoulder, also in hospital for "a couple days" due to infection in hip, Spurrier says. Out 4-6 weeks

Floridagator

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
These boys shouldn't be overlooking anyone like they did this week. At this point though we need to sink or swim with Grier, anything else would be foolish. Treon as a change of pace but not in s rotation

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Floridagator;n278149 said:
These boys shouldn't be overlooking anyone like they did this week. At this point though we need to sink or swim with Grier, anything else would be foolish. Treon as a change of pace but not in s rotation

Perhaps if you are just looking at one game you might be correct. If this competition is not seen as fair the entire system that coach wants to institute is in danger. Neither has performed well enough to be anointed, and whoever it is will have to earn it as coach has indicated. If this costs a game or two so be it.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
UK should be favored since they have looked better, have a good SEC road win, outplayed us last year, and have the home field advantage. But just because of our past success (which is getting to be a distant memory at this point) and our win-streak against them we will probably be small favorites, maybe Gators -3.

And it almost goes without saying at this point, but agree that we absolutely need to ride Grier at this point. He's a significantly better QB, and our future, so give him the start and don't take him out except for an occasional change of pace play or after we have a game in hand.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You think we'll be favored by my more points over UK than ECU?

I'm pretty sure we have been underdogs at least the last line I saw.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Law98gator;n278166 said:

We were 21.5 favorites over ECU so can't figure out what you're referring to there. As far as @ UK I won't be surprised if we were slight underdogs. As I said, logic says we should be underdogs, but we usually get more respect than we deserve so I won't be surprised if we are small favorites either.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Law98gator;n278166 said:

We're 4.5 point favorites, pretty much just what I predicted. It's not based on logic as much as reputation and getting equal money on both sides. It will probably move to us by a FG or so.. I never bet against our team and won't start now, but if there was ever a time to do it this would be the time.

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
VulcanAlex;n278153 said:
Perhaps if you are just looking at one game you might be correct. If this competition is not seen as fair the entire system that coach wants to institute is in danger. Neither has performed well enough to be anointed, and whoever it is will have to earn it as coach has indicated. If this costs a game or two so be it.

Vulcan, do you use novolog or do you own stock in novo nordisk? Just curious. I'm referencing your avatar

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Gator98MD;n278389 said:
Vulcan, do you use novolog or do you own stock in novo nordisk? Just curious. I'm referencing your avatar

I don't own stock, but my provider only covers insulin from them. I take both the mealtime and long acting. They insist that all the various types are the same and it seems to work fairly well.

Thanks for noticing.

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
VulcanAlex;n278556 said:
I don't own stock, but my provider only covers insulin from them. I take both the mealtime and long acting. They insist that all the various types are the same and it seems to work fairly well.

Thanks for noticing.

novolog and levemir are both excellent insulins. Cheers to your health!!!

ChompTown

G8R B8
Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2015
VulcanAlex;n278556 said:

Thanks for noticing.

Same here :highfive:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator