Kentucky Post Game Presser

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
. It doesn't help that Mullens system is complex.
It doesnt get any simpler than Mullinz system. Usually just one read. Or one presnap read then one postsnap read.

He is actually doing better than I imagined but I imagined him as an F passer and he is more like C- at the moment.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
It doesnt get any simpler than Mullinz system. Usually just one read. Or one presnap read then one postsnap read.

He is actually doing better than I imagined but I imagined him as an F passer and he is more like C- at the moment.
Pumper!

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Id like him to pretend he knew there was a problem at halftime. It like him to be pissed off that he was losing and his OL was nonexistent. Id like him to have smoke coming out his nostrils when you even mention the defense. Id like him to be as pissed off as SOS was after a loss.

Id like him to pretend to be something other than 7-5 coach who is very used to losing often.
(Florida was winning at halftime and outplayed Kentucky in the first - not by much though)

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
Here a copy of the post game PC.

I do not recall any of the postgame PC's being on the official Florida Gators youtube channel. From what I recall, they are exclusively on floridagators.com

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Here a copy of the post game PC.

I do not recall any of the postgame PC's being on the official Florida Gators youtube channel. From what I recall, they are exclusively on floridagators.com
I stopped a few minutes in at the point where he defended Franks by saying he only missed a few reads. He had already addressed the shoddy tackling and poor play on either line, but he did so by explaining we need to get more physical at the point of attack. Nothing about bad technique by the OL.

The reference about needing to practice better is very Meyeran, heck, very footballish period. When you practice more focused, more intense, you play better.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I stopped a few minutes in at the point where he defended Franks by saying he only missed a few reads. He had already addressed the shoddy tackling and poor play on either line, but he did so by explaining we need to get more physical at the point of attack. Nothing about bad technique by the OL.

The reference about needing to practice better is very Meyeran, heck, very footballish period. When you practice more focused, more intense, you play better.

I think a lot of it is physicality. I constantly see Ivey being pushed around. Last week I saw 225 pound DE push Ivey into the backfield on a run play. How the hell can that be?

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
Ok maybe it's because of my pumper status and my orange and blue glasses, but I think we are going to be ok in the future. This year I still see 7 wins and next year we can reach double digits. I am going to belive that till I can't

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I think a lot of it is physicality. I constantly see Ivey being pushed around. Last week I saw 225 pound DE push Ivey into the backfield on a run play. How the hell can that be?
Actually that's footwork, base and balance. sometimes the toughest assignment for a big tackle is a tiny defensive end who's fast. even if they don't take and outside route the tackle has to be prepared for it and take those fast bucket steps. If they catch you off balance mid-step they can make you look silly. a good example is when our right tackle a few years ago (that transfer) got blasted by a safety while he was watching the defensive end.

That being said I've never thought Ivy is quick enough to play tackle. He needs to be back at guard.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
As for the other part, Mullinz is the only coach we've had recently to lose to Kintucky
It's not the loss to Kentucky per se. I could accept a close loss where things finally bounced their way. That was inevitable. But the kind of loss where we were outclassed and physically beaten should not have happened. But from the post game presser it's really just the player's fault... they have to LEARN(WTF?) how to practice better.

I wonder if in the interview process- if there really even was one- Mullen was asked why he had a losing season as recently as 2016.

Don't get me started on our hillbilly arrogant AD.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Actually that's footwork, base and balance. sometimes the toughest assignment for a big tackle is a tiny defensive end who's fast. even if they don't take and outside route the tackle has to be prepared for it and take those fast bucket steps. If they catch you off balance mid-step they can make you look silly. a good example is when our right tackle a few years ago (that transfer) got blasted by a safety while he was watching the defensive end.

That being said I've never thought Ivy is quick enough to play tackle. He needs to be back at guard.

Well since he mainly ran a run oriented offense at Apopka, he translated best to guard. So I’m not even sure why were putting him at tackle.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It's not the loss to Kentucky per se. I could accept a close loss where things finally bounced their way. That was inevitable. But the kind of loss where we were outclassed and physically beaten should not have happened. But from the post game presser it's really just the player's fault... they have to LEARN(WTF?) how to practice better.

I wonder if in the interview process- if there really even was one- Mullen was asked why he had a losing season as recently as 2016.

Don't get me started on our hillbilly arrogant AD.

That is actually very Meyer-ish.

It’s almost like déjà vu from when Meyer first took over our program and constantly talked about them not knowing how to practice.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
That is actually very Meyer-ish.

It’s almost like déjà vu from when Meyer first took over our program and constantly talked about them not knowing how to practice.

The only thing I've considered to try and find a positive, is that maybe--just maybe--this was Mullen's version of the Usce '05 game, which was another historical moment and game that should've never happened. I remember Urban held an emergency meeting when the team landed and basically told anyone who didn't want to be part of things to get off the plane. Maybe that's Lemmons. Maybe others. I don't know. But hopefully something comparable happened Saturday or will this week.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I really want to see him get a little pissed. Leyer and SOS always looked like someone had killed their parents after a loss.

I'm tired of seeing players and coaches who expect to lose and are ok with it.

UFHealthGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017
I really want to see him get a little pissed. Leyer and SOS always looked like someone had killed their parents after a loss.

I'm tired of seeing players and coaches who expect to lose and are ok with it.

I don't care for the public charades. I could not give a damn how pissed he looked in a presser. I definitely don't want him to be all smiling and "aint it cool" type of approach either, but his demeanor was appropriate.

I do want him to be super pissed behind closed doors and with his players who are not giving him their full "relentless effort". That's what really matters.

FlyingGator

Lifetime Member
Aug 2, 2017
I don't care for the public charades. I could not give a damn how pissed he looked in a presser. I definitely don't want him to be all smiling and "aint it cool" type of approach either, but his demeanor was appropriate.

I do want him to be super pissed behind closed doors and with his players who are not giving him their full "relentless effort". That's what really matters.

You mean like this guy? NSFW BTW..

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.