Kerwin Bell has Valdosta State on fire with offense

secgator

Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
I found this article showing Valdosta State is lighting it up. Kerwin Bell's offense is averaging 52.7 pts/game....over 500 yds/gm total offense....and 227 yds/game rushing--7.3 yrds per carry. Granted, it's D2 ball but still pretty good numbers at any level.

Glad for Kerwin to get his system really up and going in his 3rd year there.

Valdosta State's offense ranks as one of nation's best

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
It's time some big program had a place for him. Hope he doesn't take a detoir to Spurrier.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Any chance Valdosta will sign up to play us once or twice a year over the next 2 or 3 years?

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Perhaps as our QB coach or offensive coordinator in a year or two? I sure don't want him going to our rivals.

secgator

Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
From what I recall, he had a good run at Jacksonville U for the most part--and especially given that was a non-scholarship school. Really a tough way to coach football without schollies

secgator

Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
Valdosta has had a great offense for years.
That's true....and my long term memory seems to recall when Hal Mumme was there as HC before he got the Kentucky job, their QB won what was the equivalent to the Heisman at the D2 level. Player of the year or something like that.

VSU is known for being an offensive school over the years, that's for sure.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I'm thinking only UF could have moved Bell from Jacksonville. Bell the father didn't want to repeatedly uproot his kids on that itinerary that HC-chasing entails. But when his youngest son, good QB at good Jax H.S. finished being top QB at JU, then Bell began his moving.This small town Florida boy's dream may just be = OC/HC UF. Spurrier knows Bell's worth; Bell assisted SOS here one year at UF while rehab leg injury before returning to CFL QB/player-coach career. He has lots of solid experience, more variedly useful than most. And he is a Gator Great who wants to make Gators great.

Last edited:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
That's true....and my long term memory seems to recall when Hal Mumme was there as HC before he got the Kentucky job, their QB won what was the equivalent to the Heisman at the D2 level. Player of the year or something like that.

VSU is known for being an offensive school over the years, that's for sure.

Chris Hatcher was the qb......then later the coach. He went to a few 1AA programs and never had the same Valdosta success.

I joked during the coaching search that we should hire Bell for $500k, fill the contract with huge incentives, and see what happens. Couldn't possibly be worse than the previous two hires...

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
Valdosta has had a great offense for years.
This.

That program has been a powerhouse since Hal Mumme coached there. They’ve won the national title a couple of times.

Not to take anything away from Kerwin, but he didn’t have to “build” that program. Those are great numbers, don’t get me wrong, and he deserves an OC shot somewhere in FBS.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
We can always count on you to denigrate a Gator great's achievement:thumbup:
Great achievement moving down from FCS to D2 at this stage in his career? Other than the fact he was a Gator QB, is there ANY viable reason we want an OC who's never coached above the non-scholarship FCS level? If this was Joe F*cking Blow coaching at Tusculum, would we want him?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator