Kerwin Bell has Valdosta State on fire with offense

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
We're very happy to have Kerwin on campus! But after last year there were very small mermerings of "will next year be his last?"

But this year has squashed that for sure.

And VSU not only had the Offensive coaches already mentioned but also had Kirby Smart and Muschamp.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
He turned down Auburn while at Jacksonville U to be their OC

Thanks, I seem to recall that, but UF is not Auburn. One is where he played, the other is a rival. Perhaps a better argument is that our current coach is QB and I think OC and would not want him.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Thanks, I seem to recall that, but UF is not Auburn. One is where he played, the other is a rival. Perhaps a better argument is that our current coach is QB and I think OC and would not want him.

I think he would come back to UF, I believe it was he wanted to stay close to family at this point in his career (that point)

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
I wanted us to hire Charlie Strong as HC and bring Kerwin Bell in as OC.

That would never happen but I can dream.

I could see him going to a FAU, FIU, S. AL...

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014

goodhitta

Feb 1, 2017
Chris Hatcher was the qb......then later the coach. He went to a few 1AA programs and never had the same Valdosta success.

I joked during the coaching search that we should hire Bell for $500k, fill the contract with huge incentives, and see what happens. Couldn't possibly be worse than the previous two hires...

Hatcher is at Samford now. They got upset in Tally a couple of weeks ago

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Any chance Valdosta will sign up to play us once or twice a year over the next 2 or 3 years?

Uh, no. I-A (FBS) teams can only dip down to I-AA (FCS) to place on their schedule. And can only play ONE I-AA team per season. Cannot schedule Div II teams.

secgator

Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
Recap from Saturday's(Sept 22) game against Shorter:

VSU--52 Shorter--0

Total Offensive Yards 583
Passing Yards 305
Rushing Yards 278

They averaged 7.8 yds/play rushing, and 8.2 yds/play tot. offense. Very nice numbers.

Shorter is a pretty weak team no doubt, but that doesn't diminish VSU performance. Kerwin still has them churning right along

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.