Khan to buy Wembley Stadium; likely to move Jags to London

SaltGator

Founding Member
Midline
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I went to a game last year, it was pretty damn fun.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think it would be awesome if a dozen or so big ol fat Jags fans went to a nationally televised game and went in that pool wearing nothing but banana hammocks.

BTW, has anybody ever mooned the camera in that pool?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Last time I went to a jags game, there was like 10 people there. The announcer didn't even need to use a microphone.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Say what you want about Ox, the man knows how to make a thread title.

KronoGator

Aug 28, 2014
Nobody is moving to London, it's a logistical nightmare nobody will want to deal with, this is just to make sure only the Jags get to make money playing there.

Next NFL team to move will be the Bucs, and nobody will notice.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member

Why do you look like such a pervert when you ask for my return? Are you actually naked in this picture?
Yes.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Answer my question. Why would you care?

I only started taking any interest in the Jags when Bortles went there (2 kids and 2 of their spouses at UCF, 1 UCF alum). I wouldn’t care except as regards the impact to Jacksonville.

Buying Wembly is like owning Madison Square Garden. It’s “the” major venue in the UK. It will cash flow. He also own a soccer team, Fulham, which is currently relegated to the second-tier Championship league. Maybe he moves them there as part of a rehab project? That’s about a 40-minute move. But they also drew about 18-19k last year, which would be depressing in a stadium that holds 85k+. (Google is helpful!)

Scott512

Sep 1, 2014
Having an NFL team in London is galactically stupid. It’s a neat novelty now and then, but no way it can be sustainable. I would think players would hate it. It’s over 11 hours non-stop to LA. Eight hours to New York. Who will their fans be? Will every game in the states need to be played at noon, so brits can watch it? 8 PM Eastern is 1 AM in London.

Knock yourself out, NFL....the sooner you go away the better.
Agreed. But why not try Canada first or even Mexico?

Goodell has a hard on for London. Maybe he can move there too. Good riddance to Kahn. I dont blame him for wanting to live thete its practically a muslm city. Jacksonville not so much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator