Kiper: Calloway is 1st round talent, tests + for weed

What round will Antonio Callaway go in the NFL draft?

• 2nd

Votes: 7 7.2%
  • 3rd

Votes: 15 15.5%
  • 4th

Votes: 27 27.8%
  • 5th

Votes: 19 19.6%
  • 6th

Votes: 16 16.5%
  • 7th

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Undrafted

Votes: 11 11.3%

• Total voters

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
So it’s our fault???

I kind of addressed this in the post that followed. But again, no, I'm not singling out any one particular factor in all of this. At the end of the day AC is old enough to make, and be held accountable for, his own decisions. But between being raised in a toxic environment, having too few good role models, and society basically accepting and glorifying people who openly talk about drug use, drug sales, violence and gang life, I think there are certain sectors that are behind the eight ball from day one.

But to be clear, my "we are confusing them" comment was more of a general statement. I think there is tremendous irony in bashing an 18-21 year old for smoking weed and being forced to miss homecoming, while at the same time supporting a guy who's made a career out of brazen illegal activity. The title from the article in the Alligator was "Snoop Lights Up the Joint at Gator Growl". Praising one person(an adult no less), and criticizing a 20 year old for walking in his footsteps, is--to me at least--both confusing and a bit hypocritical. If you disagree, that's fine.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Despite all his character issues, he still lands in 4th round (albeit to the Browns). Just goes to show, if you have the talent, you’ll be given plenty of slack. Likely Calloway will never learn from his mistakes, although I know he’s talented enough to make an impact in the NFL, he’ll never be smart enough to stay out of trouble to have any kind of lengthy career there. I really think he’d still been available in the 6th round, maybe Josh Gordon will be his mentor. Lol

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Despite all his character issues, he still lands in 4th round (albeit to the Browns). Just goes to show, if you have the talent, you’ll be given plenty of slack. Likely Calloway will never learn from his mistakes, although I know he’s talented enough to make an impact in the NFL, he’ll never be smart enough to stay out of trouble to have any kind of lengthy career there. I really think he’d still been available in the 6th round, maybe Josh Gordon will be his mentor. Lol

Or if you have teams as stupid as Cleveland. Now if he gets restrained to doing only the right things he might have a career. I am available to over see his life and investments for a reasonable 10%. He would have to do as I say which is basically impossible.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We knew all along it would be some perennial loser like Browns Bengals, Raiders or Gags.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
As usual, the GCMB is dead-on right, nailing the proper round in the poll.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator