Recruiting Kirby Smart article on recruiting (good read)

If you were forced to have dinner with one of these legends, who would you choose?

• Steve Spurrier

• Danny Wuerffel

• Tim Tebow

Results are only viewable after voting.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
No sh!t. One uga thread is too many. This is ridiculous. We’ve got mods starting them...
F v c k uga.

Have you seen our mods?

Purvis_Kevin.jpg

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
What do you guys think of the Green album? I think it's probably REM's best.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
So your answer is to fellate smart?

F v c k smart
F v c k uga

Huh? It's the off-season. If you have great thread ideas, by all means, post em up. In the meantime you can fellate yourself....

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
You totally exspurted it BMF =
start as early as anybody -- start when things aren't yet hectically bombarding the kid & family (& his coach),when we can be just openly expressive in showing care for the kid's future and not so much choose us-us-us pressure.
Show yourself to be so genuine as to ask for a copy of the kid's films (even if he doesn't yet have any.) The interested request will stick in his pride -- especially if later recruit visitors don't ask for film of him.
Now if reading those few Ksmart angles gives our recruiters decent ideas to remember, imagine the gains if all involved in Gator recruiting read actual books written about recruiting psychology and grab'em hooks.
Listen to me; I'm all on board for selling college emotion. Why not have a prim/propper pretty
UF Jr-Sr coed take the recruit to our campus' "romantic-leisure" spots and have her tell him to
imagine spending relaxing time right here with his girlfriend soaking in the UF college life
atmosphere. {besides, who would suspect a sweety coed being our bagman$?}

Rog I haven't read the rest of this thread. But my God if our recruiters don't already have those ideas then we are soooooooo screwed. That's sales 101 (first week).

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Nah, Green is not their best. Once Bill Berry left they were not the same.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Nothing like a off season filled with dog envy. **** the dogs and anyone who starts a thread about them.
The current Dwag played three games that mattered last year and he went 1-2. He has a known product terrible OC and is happy with it.

Mushdump and Ray Goof had a two loss season in their second year, too.

Is Mullinz better? I dont know but Kirby Boycut sure doesnt scare me in the slightest.

Last edited:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Nothing like a off season filled with dog envy. **** the dogs and anyone who starts a thread about them.

This thread was started almost 14 months ago. Instead of starting ANOTHER thread on Smart, I went and found this old thread....then posted the update; which was that Kirby pulled a Saban and pushed a kid out on a "medical" issue. UGA is our direct competition and IMO it's worth discussing - what our rivals are doing. Most fans think their school is the only one that exists and can't understand how on earth we could go 4-7. Paying attention occasionally might open your eyes to what else is going on in college football.

But I guess you just read the thread title and posted a comment. It's the off-season and you are more than welcome to start a thread to give us something to talk about. This one has 52 replies....including your worthless comment. Let's see what you got....start a thread.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Have you seen our mods?

Purvis_Kevin.jpg
Uga is admitting finally that this is Kirby's lovechild. Investigators are still trying to determine if he did it on Kirby's request.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
which was that Kirby pulled a Saban and pushed a kid out on a "medical" issue. .
If your team keeps players who are not SEC level players on the roster you will never compete. Make no mistake about it Spurrier and Meyer forced kids out, and Mullinz had better too.

I don't understand people thinking keeping shytty players on your roster is somehow a strength. Of all the stupid things on this board this is possibly the dumbest. If it were too true UF and Kintucky would be the favorites to be champions again.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
If your team keeps players who are not SEC level players on the roster you will never compete. Make no mistake about it Spurrier and Meyer forced kids out, and Mullinz had better too.

I don't understand people thinking keeping shytty players on your roster is somehow a strength. Of all the stupid things on this board this is possibly the dumbest. If it were too true UF and Kintucky would be the favorites to be champions again.

Law gets it!

The whole point of pointing out what Smart just did was to show what our rivals (our TOP rival in our own division) are doing. We still have Andrew Mike on the roster....and UGA just had an 'unfortunate' situation where a player had to 'medically retire'....and we're getting cute replies such as "f v ck UGA!!" and they get 15 "likes" so it's all cool. Meanwhile....Andrew Mike is still on the roster....

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Law gets it!

The whole point of pointing out what Smart just did was to show what our rivals (our TOP rival in our own division) are doing. We still have Andrew Mike on the roster....and UGA just had an 'unfortunate' situation where a player had to 'medically retire'....and we're getting cute replies such as "f v ck UGA!!" and they get 15 "likes" so it's all cool. Meanwhile....Andrew Mike is still on the roster....

F v c k uga.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
"Gee....how did we lose 7 games last year? We're the mighty Gators and no other school could possibly outwork us or out coach us or out play us." - ufgators812

Yeah. I said this. Give me a break. If I wanted uga news, I’d log onto a uga website. Get over yourself.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Yeah. I said this. Give me a break. If I wanted uga news, I’d log onto a uga website. Get over yourself.

Still waiting for you to start a thread worth reading....not holding my breath. And if you gave a sh(t about college football you'd understand that keeping up w/ your rivals is a big part of the CFB experience. But I get it, f v ck UGA!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb