Koch Brothers Pay High School Students to Lie about Their Tax Cut

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Gatoravatara, Dec 6, 2017.

1. Gatoravatara

Gatoravatara Protaganista

Oxbucks:
    $222
    Ratings:
    +1,463 / -207
    MIAMI — A dozen high school students working for Americans for Prosperity, the conservative political network funded by Charles G. and David H. Koch, fanned out across the Little Havana neighborhood one day last week to make the case that the Republican tax bill was something to get excited about.

“We believe it’s time to fix our broken tax code and let families keep more of what they earn,” Barbara D’Ambrosio, a sophomore, dutifully told an elderly woman who answered the door in her slippers. After she finished her script, Barbara glanced up from the iPad she was carrying and asked if the woman would kindly call her senators to urge them to support the tax bill, which was hours away from being approved by the Senate.

The woman stared at her silently for a moment. Then she nodded, politely but unconvincingly.

So Ms. D’Ambrosio and her friends soldiered on, visiting about 40 houses that afternoon and finding more of the same: people who were often unenthusiastic, unaware or simply uninterested.

It’s the trickle down theory of selling tax cuts to the American voter. Conservative activist groups like Americans for Prosperity, celebrating what they expect is the imminent passage of a tax package that they and the Republican Party’s corporate backers have sought for a generation, now need to convince ordinary Americans that this is good for them too.

These groups have marshaled their resources in almost every state in a campaign that can sound at times as if it were something a Democrat dreamed up, complete with tributes to the American worker and the middle class.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/06/...column-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news

2. Slug

Slug I fcuking hate people.

Oxbucks:
    $59
    Ratings:
    +1,114 / -10
    And this is different from Soros funding BLM, Antifa etc. how? They're all POS's.

3. Gatoravatara

Oxbucks:
    $222
    Ratings:
    +1,463 / -207
    This thread is about Koch brothers paying people in high school to lie about the "middle class" tax cut. Not about Clinton BJ, Hillary emails, Liberal media, Ted Kennedy, Obummer or any of the other go tos that are used to change the subject. You can start another Soros thread if you like.

4. g8tr72

g8tr72 Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
    $434
    Ratings:
    +3,268 / -12

But the question is relevant. Can and will you answer it? Then your crucifixion may proceed.

5. Gatoravatara

Oxbucks:
    $222
    Ratings:
    +1,463 / -207
    No I am not going to change the subject because you dont want to talk about the original topic. I expected you to say fake media.

6. crosscreekcooter

crosscreekcooter Cunning Linguist

Oxbucks:
    $195
    Ratings:
    +4,299 / -6
    This kind of reminds me of the young black folks that spent a month canvassing the parking lots of the big box stores recently in an effort to register people to vote. Watching them, they appeared to be targeting other black people.

7. Gator Fever

Gator Fever Senior Member

Oxbucks:
    $287
    Ratings:
    +4,261 / -66
    That Nevada Democrat Congressman facing sexual assault allegations says Pelosi gave him 3.5 million funding to his campaign knowing about the allegations and he won't step down

8. g8tr72

g8tr72 Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
    $434
    Ratings:
    +3,268 / -12
    Lying or money cannot be discussed in this thread? The origin of lying? The love of money? Discussing those things can ONLY occur in the context of the Koch Brothers?

They are probably the only people in the history of planet used money to shape a person's sentiments on a subject.

If I opine that they should be executed, then can you answer the question?

9. diehardg8r

diehardg8r Junior Member

Oxbucks:
    $268
    Ratings:
    +2,143 / -35
    You expect to be taken seriously with that avatar?

10. g8tr72

g8tr72 Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
    $434
    Ratings:
    +3,268 / -12
    You mean that's not Av?

11. Concrete Helmet

Concrete Helmet Hook, Line, and Sinker
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $210
    Ratings:
    +4,496 / -87
    It's exactly the same thing....propaganda.....

12. Slug

Slug I fcuking hate people.

Oxbucks:
    $59
    Ratings:
    +1,114 / -10
    It's not changing the subject. Its a legitimate question you don't want to answer. But I'll answer it for you. There's no difference. But I know it hurts you to admit the liberal money man is just as corrupt. And another reason why non libs laugh at you, well at least I do.

13. AlexDaGator

AlexDaGator The Hammer of Thor
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $221
    Ratings:
    +6,854 / -10
    [​IMG]

Alex.

14. Fodderwing

Fodderwing New Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $7
    Ratings:
    +7 / -0
    For a couple of years in the 90's I worked for company owned by Koch Industries. Koch upgraded our benefits when they bought us, more PTO, better 401k and such.

Koch decided the animal feed business w as not their cup of tea and decided to cut bait instead of fish.

15. Gatoravatara

Oxbucks:
    $222
    Ratings:
    +1,463 / -207
    I've worked on deals with Koch. Basically, we were using their pipeline to connect to our pipeline. Then they wanted to rob us, so we told them that we would build our own pipeline and take some of their other customers. We had to break ground before they became reasonable.

16. Gatoravatara

Oxbucks:
    $222
    Ratings:
    +1,463 / -207
    Here is more brilliance From theRepublicans:

The CEO of one of the nation’s largest coal companies ripped the Senate tax-reform bill, saying late changes to the bill would “wipe out” coal mining jobs.

Robert Murray, founder and CEO of Murray Energy, said Tuesday that the tax hike on coal mining firms that would result from the changes would cancel out progress that President Trump has made on reviving the coal industry, according to CNN.

“We won’t have enough cash flow to exist,” Murray told CNNMoney. “This wipes out everything that President Trump has done for coal.”

Yay middle class!!! So much winning.

17. pilot-in-fla

pilot-in-fla Deplorable
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $215
    Ratings:
    +3,993 / -70
    Fortunately, Obama made it trivially easy to build new pipelines. With your track record of being the founder of a successful charter school, I'm sure you were able to get together a team, get a few backhoes and start digging within days!

18. Gatoravatara

Oxbucks:
    $222
    Ratings:
    +1,463 / -207
    That would be something that you would say.

19. g8tr72

g8tr72 Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
    $434
    Ratings:
    +3,268 / -12

I'm waiting for the Brian Ross investigative piece on that, before I believe it.

20. alcoholica

alcoholica Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
    $394
    Ratings:
    +6,340 / -207
    whoa! whoa! whoa! I usually like what you write and agree with a good bit of it, but you comment is complete BS. There is a massive difference, you may even call it a chasm. I am thoroughly disgusted by your response and how irresponsible it was to even utter. You are a complete disappointment. Totally and utterly....I just can't even go on.

No one was hit with a bike lock or improvised bottle bomb. No neighborhoods were damaged and no one wore masks. But the rest is pretty spot on. Just fccking with ya :fistbump: