If they could start catching the ball Driskel could be a heisman candidate

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n74346 said:
Looking forward to seeing what Worton does for the passing game.

Yeah it would be nice to have someone catch those passes Pittman is dropping

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Pittman, Dunbar, DRob and Burton have all had multiple drops. It sounds like Fulwood and Worton are about to see some balls thrown their way.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
The Original DC;74366 said:
Pittman, Dunbar, DRob and Burton have all had multiple drops. It sounds like Fulwood and Worton are about to see some balls thrown their way.
As they should

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n74366 said:
And they better catch them.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Swamp Queen;74381 said:
The Original DC;n74366 said:
You actually want them to catch the ball?! But that means WM may be our coach next year!

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Swamp Queen;n74381 said:

I wonder if he's allowed to roll it to them? Apparently that's the only way a Division 1 receiver in the SEC can catch passes.

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
There have been some good throws that have not been caught, no doubt. There have also been bad throws that hit someone's hands and were not caught. Then, there have been balls thrown at the right time, place and velocity that have been caught. These are that elusive thing known as the "catchable ball". Dr. Driskel needs to throw more catchable balls...and the receivers need to catch them...

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I would like to see Worton and Goolsby on the field at the same time. Both have good hands and a little shake and bake after the catch.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n74404 said:
I would like to see Worton and Goolsby on the field at the same time. Both have good hands and a little shake and bake after the catch.

Goolsby had a few nice catches in the Spring game and he had several great catches in the open practices. But he must be struggling somewhere because I thought he'd see some action after McGee went down, but we've seen nothing. Maybe blocking, maybe the playbook, something. It's hard for me to believe that he's not a better route runner and pass catcher than Burton and/or Westbrook.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;74417 said:
Gotta be his size. He's 230, Westbrook and Burton are 250+
I think the answer lies somewhere in Roper's blocking vs catching reply. Let's play some guys who can catch. And somebody who can throw.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
GatorJ;74420 said:
Ray Finkle;74417 said:
Gotta be his size. He's 230, Westbrook and Burton are 250+
I think the answer lies somewhere in Roper's blocking vs catching reply. Let's play some guys who can catch. And somebody who can throw.
Wonder if the players have the same respect for Grier as they had/have for Harris

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
The Original DC;n74413 said:
Goolsby had a few nice catches in the Spring game and he had several great catches in the open practices. But he must be struggling somewhere because I thought he'd see some action after McGee went down, but we've seen nothing. Maybe blocking, maybe the playbook, something. It's hard for me to believe that he's not a better route runner and pass catcher than Burton and/or Westbrook.

Yup, I saw the same things in Goolsby. We could always go back to the 2 back set and bring Joyer or Ajagbe in for blocking while moving the TE, Goolsby, out wide in hopes of getting him matched with a LB and if a safety says in the box then it too would be our advantage with Joyer blocking a safety in the run game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.