Kyle Trask to have surgery

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I just don't understand how anybody accepts this garbage we've had to watch. Getting ass rapped by bama two years in a row isn't worth a ring or a trophy.

KronoGator

Aug 28, 2014
Remind me again, how many SEC CG's did Zook have the Gators in?
Nearly the same record in the SEC (12-4 vs 13-5), didn't have the benefit of a hysterically bad East, also of note is in 2002 and 2003 Zook's team beat the eventual SEC Champions, he didn't get run over like East Indiana State Tech.

Last edited:

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I've never seen winning the East pimped so hard. And the East has never been worse.

Weird.

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
I've never seen winning the East pimped so hard. And the East has never been worse.

Weird.
I suspect it's because you and a couple of others here denigrate that achievement so much as to call it worthless. A lot of us here call it something. It's not the national championship, but it's not nothing. I think what you call "pimping" is pushback from people who think your position on it is too negative in the extreme

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I suspect it's because you and a couple of others here denigrate that achievement so much as to call it worthless. A lot of us here call it something. It's not the national championship, but it's not nothing. I think what you call "pimping" is pushback from people who think your position on it is too negative in the extreme

And something is better than nothing, right?

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
And something is better than nothing, right?

We are far from where we need to be. That said, we could have been watching Tennessee in the SEC game. Just the fact that we blocked that is something. Now its time to actually win.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yup, Ole Heehaw inherited a bad situation. And yet.... You are the same mothers who were pumping Chimp and stating he just had some bad luck.

Yes, Butterteef inheritated a bad situation on offense from Chimp and made it terrible. He inherited a good but not great defense and made it worse.

We now have the kind of team that gets blown out by the third tier teams like Arky and Tinerc of the world.

Unfortunately, the next coach is in for a TOTAL rebuild. It's amazing what we have done to the program.

Last edited:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
We are far from where we need to be. That said, we could have been watching Tennessee in the SEC game. Just the fact that we blocked that is something. Now its time to actually win.

Well this past season I would probably credit Vandy and other teams more for that.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Right. For now, given the situation Mac inherited from Muschamp.

Great coaches do more with less and get the best out of the best. I don't mind the acknowledgment but to make it a bigger deal than it really is? That's a problem. When he was quoted as saying his job was to get to ATL I knew there was an issue. He's got a Colorado State attitude at a big time program like UF. I don't like it and neither should you. Outside of the Ole Miss game two years ago...when have you walked away from a game going..."man, that was great coaching...".

It sucks to come to the realization that your coach is a mid-tier talent at best. No one wants to hear it and people saying it are considered negators. But the proof is all there in front of you. Underneath "two time Eastern Division Champs" is a mediocre recruiter and poor game day planner.

Unfortunately, no one can be…told what the Coach Mac is. You have to see it for yourself. [opens pillbox, empties contents into his palms, outstretches his hands] This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the blue pill [opens his right hand revealing blue pill], the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill [opens his left hand revealing red pill], you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes. [Neo, after a pause, reaches for the red pill] Remember: all I'm offering is the truth. Nothing more.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

Weird.
Its ridiculous. Not to mention mac doesn't coach the defense. Not like his football acumen got us there.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Its ridiculous. Not to mention mac doesn't coach the defense. Not like his football acumen got us there.

How many games have we seen where the offense starts out moving the ball like gang busters on the first possession for a TD or FG and maybe 1 or 2 first downs on the second? Then zip point shiit from there on out.

That tells me Nussblather is clueless after the script worked on by the whole offensive staff and Mac run out....but this is all on Mac....good luck, he is going to need a bunch.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Mac hasnt done a god damn thing other than have the worst record vs ranked teams since the 80s and been LUCKY AS FVKK that Tinerc and Ugly (and Mizzu) also have shytty coaches.

Dont tell me about how good Mr Seven Blowouts and Mr May Never Score A TD vs Clowntown is doing.

He is a useless fat fvkk who cant produce a good offense OR defense OR ST.... and he is too fvkking lazy to recruit also.

I didnt add or assemble a competent staff bc, other than the coordinators and Nord, I dont think he was able to afford to hire any of the top 50 people on his list.

And yes I disdain you excuse makers almost as much as him.

No offense. Youre still one of my favorite posters.

Excuse maker? LOL. I'm just looking at the progress made. Your white-hot hatred noted, I think he's got things moving in a much better direction. I'm not satisfied. As I've said elsewhere, a lot rides on his recruitment and development of Franks. Franks needs to stay healthy, as well. I don't think Trask or LDR can do any more than manage the store.

And don't worry, I'm not prone to getting offended on message boards. At this point I'm buying you another beer.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'm just looking at the progress made. Your white-hot hatred noted, I think he's got things moving in a much better direction.
Youre going to want to avoid watching games the next two years then.

Its not going to sit well with your pretend progress. You should get with 2222 and compare notes on this progress you see.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
When Mac got here he didn't have enough OLinemen to even run a normal O&B game. Half the ones he had, wouldn't have started at a DII school. But these Mac haters around here don't want to be reminded about that. They expected a top 10 offense no matter what. We want it now dammit! We're UF! We deserve NC trophies every year!

I remember Spurrier springs where there were not enough OL to run a full game. Any spring you may have lost 3 or 4 OL from prior roster who have used up their eligibility. You may have 4 or 5 signees who do not arrive until August. You may have a few banged and missing spring practice to heal. So it is really not that unusal to be down in numbers at OL in a particular spring.

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
I remember Spurrier springs where there were not enough OL to run a full game. Any spring you may have lost 3 or 4 OL from prior roster who have used up their eligibility. You may have 4 or 5 signees who do not arrive until August. You may have a few banged and missing spring practice to heal. So it is really not that unusal to be down in numbers at OL in a particular spring.
I can't dispute your claim we had springs (plural?!) under Spurrier without enough OL to run a full game, but I don't remember that. I do take issue with your statement that it is really not that unusual be down in numbers at OL in a particular spring. It may happen once in a great while, but it absolutely should be unusual. Otherwise, it's clearly poor roster management that's the cause. See Muschamp, and the state of the Gator program the last few years.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.