Recruiting Lakeland duo

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We've obviously falling off the map since the whole Pouncey coup. This is an insider article, but it basically says that we now lead for 5* WR James Robinson (although Bama has a really ramped up their pursuit in the last couple weeks), and we are in the hunt for his teammate Anthony Davis (rivals #6 RB).

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/sec/insider/post?id=116011

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Remember when we used to be able to land the top talent in our state? And even way more than our fair share in the country? Those were good times.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Putting a thread in here is the kiss of death. It's worse than the dungeon. No traffic in here. Not sure why it exists.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
This should have been in mainsports

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Our staff is too busy recruiting out of state kids....

Kyng

Founding Member
The Freak
Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2014
Founding Member
Coach Gray paying dividends. We need 1-2 more elite recruiters on staff. I like Nord and Summers, but they are old as dirt and can't recruit.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Coach Gray paying dividends. We need 1-2 more elite recruiters on staff. I like Nord and Summers, but they are old as dirt and can't recruit.
:lol2: I think this is a make or break year for Summers. He finally has numbers, size and some talent to work with. Maybe they brought in the other dude from the Saints to help with recruiting....or maybe just to replace Summers if the oline under achieves this year?

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
With Jake Allen as our key high profile recruit we should be able to bring some offensive talent. These guys want to play with studs like Jake.

I'm really more worried about the defensive side of the ball. I feel like we missed big last year especially up front. We need to solidify the depth on this team across all areas on D. That and we still need more quality OL. One thing we know is that we are not yet a high level SEC team from an OL standpoint.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Remember when we used to be able to land the top talent in our state? And even way more than our fair share in the country? Those were good times.

Can't you at least save these comments for the 3* articles? Someone mentions we're leading for a 5* WR and 4* RB and you're still complaining.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Top Florida talent. Well, lessee, the Orlando DT that some recruiting service ranked the overall number one in the country, but followed Muschamp to Auburn. Well, it took all of eight practices for him to lose his starting position to a true freshman EE. Still want him?
Serious question: He probably realizes he made a mistake. If he asked tomorrow to transfer to UF, would you advise Mac to take him?

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
You mean Cowart? I have no idea where he is on the depth chart, but there is no way I'd want him. I'm not sure Mac would have wanted him if Cowart pulled the same media circus "look at me" crap under Mac's watch. I suspect Cowart would have been dropped from the boards before NSD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator