Lane Kiffin is making headlines again

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
Kiffin is being sued by former Alabama WR A.C. Carter.

Carter is a family friend to a prized recruit. Kiffin told Carter that he would hire him as an assistant strength and conditioning coach if he could convince the recruit to sign with FAU. Carter held up his end of the deal and the kid signed with the Owls.

Carter and his wife both quit their jobs and moved to Florida. However, when Carter officially applied for the job he failed the background check. He has two misdemeanors on his record. The state of Florida has laws that prevent people from working on a campus if they fail a background check. FAU told him he didn't have a job after all.

Now Carter is suing Kiffin and FAU.

I've seen similar situations with government agencies here in Florida in the past. You can't tell someone they are hired before the background checks are completed. In all likelihood Kiffin and FAU are going to have to settle this out of court.

Kiffin already threw his president under the bus once before (the Clemson story). I'll be shocked if he keeps his job for the next four years.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...gainst-lane-kiffin-florida-atlantic/99489454/

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
kiffin.jpg

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
How did Monte Kiffin ever have such a frog's testicle of a son?

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
The only part of this I care about is not mentioned in the story, apparently this guy is a close friend of D'anferne Mcgriff the running back we sign out of the panhandle but signed by the asshat as a package deal with this coach in feb. Of course kiffen backed out the day after signing day. Add in the girl puncher from tally and he brought in a few play makers doing it the kiffen way.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I love that article that said Half Kiff's career made more sense if played backwards.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
The Asshat keeps on delivering.

Bama&GatorFan

Friends in high places
Dec 5, 2015
Yeah if they tried to hire the guy but he had a bad record, that is not Kiffin's fault. He should have a clause in there somewhere that is pending a background check. Unless they did everything verbally. I have no idea how these things are handled. Seems kind of shady, so maybe all of it was verbal.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
No doubt Kiffin is a jagoff but what special kind of stupid is this guy Carter? Who quits their job and moves to Florida BEFORE applying for the job, much less even having gone through the interview/pre-employment process and getting an official offer in writing???

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
No doubt Kiffin is a jagoff but what special kind of stupid is this guy Carter? Who quits their job and moves to Florida BEFORE applying for the job, much less even having gone through the interview/pre-employment process and getting an official offer in writing???

Exactly. But people are crazy stupid bro. Have you been to the DMV lately?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb