Larry Fedora better than Mullen for new UF head coach?

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
I personally think Mullen is the better fit.

Larry Fedora (Donkey's choice over Mullen) owes the hurricane a debt of gratitude for UCF not sending him to an 0-3 start to the current season.

Should we pay the $12 million Mullen buyout and Fedora's $2 million buyout to get Donkey's current choice for UF head coach?

https://amp-newsobserver-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/amp.newsobserver.com/sports/article218206715.html?amp_js_v=a2&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQECAFYAQ==#referrer=https://www.google.com&amp_tf=From %1$s

Last edited:

UFHealthGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017
You mean you got Donkey to actually say who he would hire instead of Mullin, and he ended up picking this guy? Really? A guy who in his 6th year as HC at UNC got a whopping 1-7 in conference play... in the ACC...

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
You mean you got Donkey to actually say who he would hire instead of Mullin, and he ended up picking this guy? Really? A guy who in his 6th year as HC at UNC got a whopping 1-7 in conference play... in the ACC...
Well Fedora just pulled a Mac and started out the season with a bunch of suspended players.

Donkey was very understanding with Mac on the 9 suspended players for Mac so he probably thinks we should give Fedora the benefit of the doubt on his 8 suspended players as Fedora's players will be suspended for 8 fewer games than Mac's were due to Fedora's better coaching skills.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Swonkey incoming. I'm out...

giphy-downsized.gif

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
You obviously do not understand football coaches as well as Donkey does.
Donkey just recently said: "Larry fedora is the man"

Last edited:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Did he say Fedora? I don’t remember that being a big name. Mullen is doing a good job right now.

So I’m not sure the point of this thread?

Back when we had a chance there were a lot of coaches we should’be tried to nail down first.

Frost, Chip, Babers, Peterson, Norvello.

Other than just being a flaming thread targeting one poster – I’m not sure the point of it.

Gulfstream

Founding Member
Mr. Breeze
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Did he say Fedora? I don’t remember that being a big name. Mullen is doing a good job right now.

Back when we had a chance there were a lot of coaches we should’be tried to nail down first.

Frost, Chip, Babers, Peterson, Norvello, BELL.

Other than just being a flaming thread targeting one poster – I’m not sure the point of it.

FIFY. ;)

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018

Frost, Chip, Babers, Peterson, Norvello.

He did say Fedora is the man. So you think we should have hired Frost over Fedora? I thought we never had a chance for Frost as he wanted to go home to Nebraska where he would get a fair chance to start out. Chip Kelly wanted to avoid the pressure of the SEC.

Last edited:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So you think we should have hired Frost over Fedora? I thought we never had a chance for Frost as he wanted to go home to Nebraska where he would get a fair chance to start out.

I didn’t say we should’ve hired Frost. I’m saying those guys should’ve been at the top of the list. And you pull all stops out to get those guys first. Frost may have never wanted to come to UF. We probably had zero chance. But you don’t know until you woo the **** out of him.

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
I didn’t say we should’ve hired Frost. I’m saying those guys should’ve been at the top of the list. And you pull all stops out to get those guys first. Frost may have never wanted to come to UF. We probably had zero chance. But you don’t know until you woo the **** out of him.
Wooing someone who saw how you treat new coaches who won the division twice and then fired when you get 9 suspensions and start losing are hard to woo. Especially when he has the chance to go to his alma mater. I liked him but he did not want to talk to us.

Last edited:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Wooing someone who saw how you treat new coaches who won the division twice and then fired him are hard to woo. Especially when he has the chance to go to his alma mater. I liked him but he did not want to talk to us.

How do you know he didn’t want to talk to us?

Ocalaman

Mar 7, 2018
Larry Fedora took over a very average North Carolina program and kept it that way. In some years his teams underachieved significantly. Not in the same class as Dan Mullen, IMO.

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members