Larry Vittel

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
So what is the deal with UF broadcaster Larry Vittel?

A couple of years ago he "retired" from broadcasting in Gainesville and moved back to New York after 35 years with UF. At the time, it seemed strange for many reasons but I figured it was what he wanted to do.
Now I see that he is back doing Gator Baseball games.

Did I miss something? Just curious

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
He hosted the afternoon show with Cardozo on friday so I know the anwser to this. He moved to NY but only retired from UF and still does games for the SEC network and was the reason he was in gainesville. He never said the reason he moved but my guess was to be closer to his daughter and grandchildren.

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
He was on Dooley's show on Friday. Said it was only a freelance deal that he was doing for the online SEC+ network. It only happened that he pulled the UF game. So he is not doing the Gator baseball games on the regular (thats Cardoso and Russell/Hubert). Otherwise he was happy and teaching middle school kids in the Bronx.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Whos old lady was he banging that caused him to so abruptly get the shaft?

biggator6

Oct 2, 2014
His wife taught at the J-school in the early 90s.. probably longer. She was awesome. Now back to our regularly scheduled chatter.

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
He was on Dooley's show on Friday. Said it was only a freelance deal that he was doing for the online SEC+ network. It only happened that he pulled the UF game. So he is not doing the Gator baseball games on the regular (thats Cardoso and Russell/Hubert). Otherwise he was happy and teaching middle school kids in the Bronx.
Heard him a couple of times with Steve Russel. Hadn't heard the part about teaching. Nice, although teaching middle school kids can be quite daunting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb