Late Christmas Gifts...

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Merry Christmas everybody! In the spirit of after-Christmas sales, I've got a few late gifts for some special people. They'll be purchased and shipped just as soon as I get my quarterly report from Wells-Fargo and/or my secondary retirement fund "matures" either this Saturday or next Wednesday night. Not all listed have been at or near the top of Santa's list, but are deserving nonetheless. Feel free to add any you'd like to bestow as well. Here goes:

For Ox, his very own R2D2 to troubleshoot when the Commodore 64's experience trouble (Actually, I'm very thankful for his work on this site and hopes he enjoys running it as much as most seem to enjoy participating).

For Rex (and others, you know who you are), a sack full of 4 and 5 stars on NSD. Failing that, a bunch of 3 stars comparable to Calloway should suffice as long as some Milk of Magnesia is included to fill the gap between signing and actually performing. Seriously, your desires for the best of the best for our Gators is appreciated.

For Will Grier, the "Wizard of Oz" trifecta...heart, brains, and courage. He'll need them in greater working order than I think he currently possesses if he's going to avoid recreating situations like he did while at UF.

For Southern Griilin, a true identity. One that would either strengthen the Gator allegiance claimed or one that will allow him to comfortably be a rival on the board, as you can't successfully be both. An accessory gift that may help would be a gift certificate and an evening of in depth conversation at a wine bar with Lawrence of Florida.

For Alvin, lasting peace in Serbia and a sack full of moral victories for the Vols. An additional stocking stuffer might be a new significant other to help him release the penned up Tennessee tension. I would hate for him to be the first man, Albanian or otherwise, to expire from chronic Carpal-Tunnel syndrome.

For Sas and his Queen, many happy years of wedded bliss, healthy children, and prosperity for a lifetime. Also for Queenie, a grooming kit and the willingness to shave Sas' back as needed and to, on request, remove any and all unwanted superficial body hair.

For Coach Mac, continuing love and loyalty among him and his staff. Thinking that they've got a lot of good things started and going on. At the very least, they've been a welcome relief (for me at least) from the last five seasons save '12.

For Gators everywhere, not only a return to the CFB top shelf, but a minimalization of poor decisions, in-fighting, and other mullygrubbing, from athletes, coaches, and fans alike. May 2016 be the best it can be and at the very least, fulfilling for the faithful.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
AWESOME POST!! Possibly one of the best ever!

Cover2, you are one of, if not THE best GCMB member. I love your sense of humor, while keeping it classy, real and balanced. You're no chicken little, nor are you a sunshine pumper. Your insight is refreshing among all of us armchair QBs.

Merry Christmas and may 2016 bring Gator Nation lots of great fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gulfstream

Founding Member
Mr. Breeze
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Merry Christmas everybody! In the spirit of after-Christmas sales, I've got a few late gifts for some special people. They'll be purchased and shipped just as soon as I get my quarterly report from Wells-Fargo and/or my secondary retirement fund "matures" either this Saturday or next Wednesday night. Not all listed have been at or near the top of Santa's list, but are deserving nonetheless. Feel free to add any you'd like to bestow as well. Here goes:

For Ox, his very own R2D2 to troubleshoot when the Commodore 64's experience trouble (Actually, I'm very thankful for his work on this site and hopes he enjoys running it as much as most seem to enjoy participating).

For Rex (and others, you know who you are), a sack full of 4 and 5 stars on NSD. Failing that, a bunch of 3 stars comparable to Calloway should suffice as long as some Milk of Magnesia is included to fill the gap between signing and actually performing. Seriously, your desires for the best of the best for our Gators is appreciated.

For Will Grier, the "Wizard of Oz" trifecta...heart, brains, and courage. He'll need them in greater working order than I think he currently possesses if he's going to avoid recreating situations like he did while at UF.

For Southern Griilin, a true identity. One that would either strengthen the Gator allegiance claimed or one that will allow him to comfortably be a rival on the board, as you can't successfully be both. An accessory gift that may help would be a gift certificate and an evening of in depth conversation at a wine bar with Lawrence of Florida.

For Alvin, lasting peace in Serbia and a sack full of moral victories for the Vols. An additional stocking stuffer might be a new significant other to help him release the penned up Tennessee tension. I would hate for him to be the first man, Albanian or otherwise, to expire from chronic Carpal-Tunnel syndrome.

For Sas and his Queen, many happy years of wedded bliss, healthy children, and prosperity for a lifetime. Also for Queenie, a grooming kit and the willingness to shave Sas' back as needed and to, on request, remove any and all unwanted superficial body hair.

For Coach Mac, continuing love and loyalty among him and his staff. Thinking that they've got a lot of good things started and going on. At the very least, they've been a welcome relief (for me at least) from the last five seasons save '12.

For Gators everywhere, not only a return to the CFB top shelf, but a minimalization of poor decisions, in-fighting, and other mullygrubbing, from athletes, coaches, and fans alike. May 2016 be the best it can be and at the very least, fulfilling for the faithful.

HOF post.

BostonGator84

Founding Member
Infrequent Frequenter
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
TL;DR.

Just kidding - great post. Merry Christmas everyone!

Anyone want some red herons or smoking mirrors as stocking stuffers?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
To Nav and Bart, a never ending supply of epic weed in all their favorite flavors.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
That the new kicker who has never played football turns out to be the best kicker in the history of college football.

Delg8tor

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

I would have to agree with CG. Definitely one of my favorite and most insightful posters.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Great post as always from Cover2.

For all Gators, let it true that Del Rio is the reason Will didn't return to the football program. One can dream.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Gotta remember what a stellar hero Grier was to his H.S. crowd, all around him.
Here at UF, I think Grier recognized, due to his PED screw up, he was gonna face
some demotion from his prior BMOC-worship. Grier's precious ego just did not want
to endure anything without full-load adoration, so he quit. Pasta le' Veesta, baby.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
AWESOME POST!! Possibly one of the best ever!

Cover2, you are one of, if not THE best GCMB member. I love your sense of humor, while keeping it classy, real and balanced. You're no chicken little, nor are you a sunshine pumper. Your insight is refreshing among all of us armchair QBs.

Merry Christmas and may 2016 bring Gator Nation lots of great fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Without a doubt the BEST poster on GCMB with twice as many likes as he does posts. I don't think there is even a close second.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Nah...they're functional when they're high. :lol:
90721.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.