LaVar Ball Just Can't Shut Up

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
Just in case there is anyone out there that doesn't know who LaVar Bell is, he's the very vocal and outlandish father of three talented sons.

His oldest son, Lonzo Ball, is a star basketball player at UCLA. Lonzo is expected to be one and done at UCLA and is thought to be a top 5 pick in the NBA draft. The other two sons are in high school and have committed to UCLA.

The youngest, LaMelo Ball, recently made headlines by scoring 92 points in a single game. However, he didn't get those points through talent. He got all those points by staying under the opponents basket and not playing defense. Every time his team inbounded the ball or got a rebound they threw it down court to LaMelo standing under the basket ready for an uncontested layup.

The dad played one year of basketball at Washington State and averaged 2 points a game as a backup. He then transferred to a division II school.

LaVar Bell is a frequent guest on multiple radio shows simply because they know he will say something outlandish. Bell currently has feuds going with Charles Barkley and LeBron James. Among other things Bell has claimed:

In his prime he would destroy Michael Jordan in one on one ball.
His oldest son is better than Steph Curry right now.
If Charles Barkley would think like Bell he would have won a championship.
LeBron James sons will never be great at basketball.
His sons will only play for the Lakers.
He expects a $1 billion dollar 10 year shoe deal right off the bat the day his son goes to the NBA.
He won't let his sons sign a shoe deal because he is going to start his own company.

The man has a videographer and cameraman follow him around all day because he is hoping to land a TV show. The sad thing is that I could actually see that happening.

However, now he has publically stated that his two sons that are old enough to drive each have $100,000 BMWs. LaVar Bell is a self employed personal trainer and his wife is a middle school teacher. I wonder what the NCAA thinks of their ability to buy and insure $200,000 worth of cars for their sons?

http://hiphopwired.com/539519/lebron-james-warns-lavar-bell-keep-family-mouth/

http://www.espn.com/blog/pittsburgh...-to-lavar-ball-michael-jordan-would-torch-you

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/18901427/lavar-ball-seeks-combined-1-billion-shoe-deal-three-sons

Last edited:

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
I think this might have been posted before, but not sure.

This is the very, very sad video of LaMelo scoring 92 points. It's the whole game including some kind of pregame ceremony. Skip forward to the 8:30 mark.

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015

This is the very, very sad video of LaMelo scoring 92 points. It's the whole game including some kind of pregame ceremony. Skip forward to the 8:30 mark.

I watched the video when he put up 92 a month ago. I think he gets back on defense 4 times, maybe 5.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Everybody hates the attention he gets....yet gives him attention every time he runs his mouth. Ironic.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member

That was one of the most embarrassing things I've ever seen. Cringe-worthy cherry picking the entire freaking game.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Embarrassing. But why the coach of the other team didn't just stick his best player/defender on the kid is baffling.
Here's an interview where the kid is interviewed, with his Dad - they're pretty proud of it. :headslap:

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
At least this one of the kids has a decent shot. The one at ULCA has a terrible shot and what appears to be a low slow release. I heard Bruce Pearl on Dan Patrict yesterday call it a "janke" shot. Now maybe it can be fixed or maybe he will play in the NBA for a long time with it ala Noah, but if I were evaluating him for the NBA, I would wonder.

Last edited:

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
At least this one of the kids has a decent shot. The one at ULCA has a terrible shot and what appears to be a low slow release. I heard Bruce Pearl on Dan Patrict yesterday call it a "janke" shot. Now maybe it can be fix or maybe he will play in the NBA for a long time with it ala Noah, but if I were evaluating him for the NBA, I would wonder.
From what I see, LeMelo's shooting form is a little worse than Lonzo's, but they're very similar - and you're right that they have a similar shooting form to Noah.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Embarrassing. But why the coach of the other team didn't just stick his best player/defender on the kid is baffling.
Here's an interview where the kid is interviewed, with his Dad - they're pretty proud of it. :headslap:

Hitting 40 layups is "historic"?

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Had the jack**s dad on first take when I was at the gym. Even Steven a got tired of him. Told him he's writing checks his kid has to cash saying he's better than curry. He's an attention whore and they keep feeding him

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Is there a reason the title hasn't been fixed?

And no, it's not because I touch myself.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Is there a reason the title hasn't been fixed?

And no, it's not because I touch myself.
What's funnier is that the OP references him as "Bell" multiple times in the first post, but correctly says "Ball" each time he references the son :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.