LaVar Ball: You can't win a championship with 3 white guys

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/980d5030-7b31-37bf-b8ce-0bddbe9f7c3d/ss_lavar-ball-blames-3.html

Two weeks after the Bruins’ 86-75 loss to the Wildcats in the Sweet 16 on March 25, it’s LaVar, in typical brazen fashion, making excuses for his son and directing blame elsewhere.

Realistically you can’t win no championship with three white guys because the foot speed is too slow,” LaVar Ball told the Inland Valley Daily Bulletin on Thursday. “I told Lonzo, ‘One of these games you might need to go for 30 or 40 points.’ It turned out that was the one game. Then, once they get to the [Sweet 16], they’re right there.”
------------------------------------------------------
Unbelievable..:lol:

I think plenty of teams have made a Final Four with 3 white guys unlike UCLA this year who didn't make it.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
This guy continues to entertain. Did he play pro ball at all?
btw here is a rebuttal.
470004341-boston-celtics-1985-86-championship-starters.jpg

They only beat the Lakers with Magic and Kareem........

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Lonzo is not known for his foot speed either.

Also this:

"Lonzo Ball ended his UCLA career with a slow night offensively, adding four turnovers to 10 points and eight assists in the loss. The “white guys” LaVar likely is referring to — starters T.J. Leaf, Bryce Alford and Thomas Welsh — combined for 39 points."

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think plenty of teams have made a Final Four with 3 white guys unlike UCLA this year who didn't make it.

Tell Mr. Ball that Kentucky won FOUR national championships playing all white guys. Then they put a black guy on the team and he turned out to be a serial rapist. I ask you, good fellow, does UCLA really want a team full of serial rapists? There are trade-offs here.
tom-payne-page-0.jpg

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Tell Mr. Ball that Kentucky won FOUR national championships playing all white guys. Then they put a black guy on the team and he turned out to be a serial rapist. I ask you, good fellow, does UCLA really want a team full of serial rapists? There are trade-offs here.
tom-payne-page-0.jpg
To be fair back then his race was not allowed the puzzzy grabbing his white team mates were allowed. Now it is all bought and paid for by the Alumni at UK in the Taj Mahal the put the players in.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Didn't Duke's team in 2010 have 4 white starters?
yeah, but that was before Ball was in college. I hope Ball doesn't get drafted by the Nets or 76ers with all those white guys on roster

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The fact that his statement is blatantly racist, is not the issue.

That his statement is blatantly racist and he has not been universally criticized for it, is the issue.

Would this fall under the "black privilege" category or is it the "double standard" category or is it the "system is rigged against minorities" category?

Imagine a world where all citizens are held to the same behavioral standards.........imagine

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
His name hasn't been in the headlines for 2 weeks.

He's just saying stupid $hit, because he wants to be discussed.

...and it worked

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
To quote someone else where, I think UCLA had the same starters a couple of weeks back when the elder Ball guaranteed a championship?

I would guess that teams win championship more frequently with three even slow white players than with meddling parents.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Sports is about our only sacrosanct "merit-based" area. Fast-twitch muscle leadership rules speed positions.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Ban any person that posts a link about some irrelevant azzhat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.