LaVar Ball: You can't win a championship with 3 white guys

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Even attempting to rebut this idiot *******'s attempt at logic is a waste of time.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
He's the equivalent of Kim Kardashian or Paris Hilton. The more dumb sh*t that comes out of his mouth, the more attention he gets. Or is that goes in his mouth?

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
I get your point ... Mac sees LDR as his ambassador to the NFL -- it's politics which ain't ever merit based.??

Unfortunately UF has not had a meritocracy at QB for some time. This issue arose long before LDR or McElwain came along.

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/980d5030-7b31-37bf-b8ce-0bddbe9f7c3d/ss_lavar-ball-blames-3.html

Two weeks after the Bruins’ 86-75 loss to the Wildcats in the Sweet 16 on March 25, it’s LaVar, in typical brazen fashion, making excuses for his son and directing blame elsewhere.

Realistically you can’t win no championship with three white guys because the foot speed is too slow,” LaVar Ball told the Inland Valley Daily Bulletin on Thursday. “I told Lonzo, ‘One of these games you might need to go for 30 or 40 points.’ It turned out that was the one game. Then, once they get to the [Sweet 16], they’re right there.”
------------------------------------------------------
Unbelievable..:lol:

I think plenty of teams have made a Final Four with 3 white guys unlike UCLA this year who didn't make it.

Somebody should point out to the dude that if this comment were made by a white guy about blacks in a non sports context, he would consider it highly racist, and it would socially be considered unacceptable for decades now as well. What I mind is the double standard and his apparent blindness to his own demeaning stereotyping and the fact no media or organization would dare call him on it.

Last edited:

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
So does that make LaVar's half white kids half as fast as all black guys?

Ball.jpg

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Lonzo is not known for his foot speed either.

Also this:

"Lonzo Ball ended his UCLA career with a slow night offensively, adding four turnovers to 10 points and eight assists in the loss. The “white guys” LaVar likely is referring to — starters T.J. Leaf, Bryce Alford and Thomas Welsh — combined for 39 points."

His dad has great foot speed especially when he puts them in his mouth.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Ball won't admit it publicly, but it was shot at Steve Alford, whose son, Bryce, is one of the three white players cited in his rant. Ball has a pair of kids playing high school ball in neary Chino Hills and would like to see them at UCLA but under a different coach. Alford, who's come under criticism for a lack of offensive creativity, has a high buyout.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
I'm not going to read the article but did he eventually provide the correct white guy to championship ratio?

I always thought it was 3:1. Learn something new everyday.

Well presumably Ball would believe you could win a championship with his 3 sons playing. So that would be 1.5 white guys right there. If the other two players were black, then I guess we would have a ratio of 1.5. to 3.5 which is pretty close to what you always thought as 1.6 is one-third of 5?

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
This guy continues to entertain. Did he play pro ball at all?
btw here is a rebuttal.
470004341-boston-celtics-1985-86-championship-starters.jpg

They only beat the Lakers with Magic and Kareem........

Yep and DJ's family had a whitey in the wood pile.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Somebody should point out to the dude that if this comment were made by a white guy about blacks in a non sports context, he would consider it highly racist, and it would socially be considered unacceptable for decades now as well. What I mind is the double standard and his apparent blindness to his own demeaning stereotyping and the fact no media or organization would dare call him on it.

I bet he knows this but since racist can't be applied to anybody of a minority in the US (I don't agree) he does not pay any attention to logic or being rational.

Phineus Maximus

Founding Member
Thread Killer
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It is what it is and what it is is...

He's talking as much shít as he can and being as obnoxious as possible in order to drum up interest for the reality TV contract he's hawking. In the same vein as "16 and Pregnant," "Jersey Shore," "Keeping Up with the Kardashians," the "Cash me ousside" girl, etc., he's attempting to attract an audience that will eat up his idiocy. Add in a healthy dose of arrogance and heaping spoonfuls of multiple neuroses and you get a hypocritical, washed-up douche who is trying to find another fifteen minutes of fame. If he was my dad, I would tell him to STFU.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Trying to cash in on his son's fame........ sad man..

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
BTW, I don't think Ball is saying anything that should be considered particularly controversial. He may be wrong - you can win college basketball games with white guys - but white guys *are* generally slower than black guys. Their mothers - especially WASP mothers - have flat asses and skinny legs. Does anyone really expect them to produce the next Usain Bolt?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.