Law98gator: Should he be banned?

I've been told that the entire board overwhelmingly despises Law because of his relentless negativit

• Ban him permanently

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Ban him temporarily

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Don't ban him at all

Votes: 7 53.8%

• Total voters

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous said:
I voted for a permanent ban.
195255.gif

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I'd also like to thank Sas for the good morning text he sent me today. It was quite sweet indeed.

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I think that I'm dumber after reading this thread....

Sad thing is that I agree with almost everyone, partially, I think...

Maybe.....

sonomagator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator said:
Phineus Maximus;n35431 said:
As I've referred to in previous posts, the horse has long been dead. Law knows this and continues to shove it down our throats by spewing :kiffin: EVERY opportunity he gets, whether or not the thread has anything to do with Muschamp or Driskel. He understands fully that he pisses people off with his unrelenting criticism and he does it anyway. That, to me, is trolling. All other trolls are given vacations, so should Law be shown favoritism for his trolling behavior just because he's a Gator grad?
Did you ever stop to think that some of us get just as pissed with you people that are constantly saying how great we're gonna be, how great recruiting is going, blah, blah, blah. We don't like reading ****ing fairy tales posted in every thread when we are dealing in reality.
wow, what a shock! people being optimistic and excited about the Gators on a Gator board! who would've thought it possible?

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch said:
Phineus Maximus;n35444 said:
I think there is one thing that we can all agree on. None of us really know how the season will turn out. We could kick ass and make it to the SEC Championship game and beyond, we could be mediocre, and we could have a repeat of last year.

If you can at least agree with me on that point, then how can all you negative nancies be so goddamn sure that we're going to suck and that Muschamp should be gone and that Driskel should be sitting on the bench? If you agree with my premise, then you're contradicting yourself by being absolutely sure that only the last option will occur. You see, that is what I believe is the big difference between the pumpers and the negative nancies. We're hopeful that things will go well; y'all are SURE that things are going to go wrong.

In addition, you're exaggerating greatly when referring to the "fairy tales posted in every thread." I don't see that. I see the non-negative nancies as having a wait-and-see, if not hopeful, attitude that last year's train wreck can finally be turned around with even half an offense. Your "fairy tales" hyperbole is not an accurate depiction of the general mindset of the "pumpers."

One last thing -- can you also agree with me that optimism is a more desirable trait than pessimism?

Truth bomb right there.
Confirmation bias right there

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Just to remind Ox that he banned me after the Miami game last year for posting "we will be alright" in every Flaming Thread after the game.

His reason, I was saying the same think over and over........ I guess law's constant drivel is different.

Three days if my memory is right.

:ox:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
divits said:
I've never been for banning anyone ever....even sid. Although I must say it didn't break my heart when he was dumped. But for someone who hated sid as much as you did Law, I find it disturbing that you seem to have taken up some of his qualities. You're smart enough to know when you're trolling and it seems that you're enjoying it a bit too much. It seems that you've made a concerted effort to dump on every thread and it's become expected by everyone on the board. It's like clockwork and it's tiresome. Give it a rest. Your point's been made....and made.
You're still my boy, Div.

deuce

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
deuce coupe;n35509 said:
Just to remind Ox that he banned me after the Miami game last year for posting "we will be alright" in every Flaming Thread after the game.

His reason, I was saying the same think over and over........ I guess law's constant drivel is different.

Three days if my memory is right.

:ox:

Water under the bridge and I know he loves me now......... right

deuce

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Slevin;n34721 said:
I take it all as if he's really joking and not being serious at all. Idk why people get bent out of shape

Because that's human nature

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Nobody wants the ******* banned, but we do want him to stop ruining threads. He's as annoying and disruptive as Sid or Canething ever dreamed of being. And a poll like this will only bolster what he already does, because it appears he's getting a vote of confidence. The poll question should have been: "do you think Law98 is a disruptive ******* who thinks it's funny ruining any feel-good possibilities just about everywhere, and would you like to see the nonsense stopped?"

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch said:
Once again, you guys are missing the point worse than our kickers last year. We understand your opinions on the team and Muschamp. Believe me, we get it. But when you go into a thread about the ALS ice bucket challenge, or a thread about two senior walk-ons being rewarded scholarships for their hard work because a couple opened up unexpectedly, you don't want to be slapped in the face with keyboard diarrhea about Muschamp. And the immature made up names don't help, either. Grow up, for crying out loud, you're embarrassing yourselves.

Last year is over. 98% of us are ready to move on and talk about this season. There's plenty of reason for optimism, and if you don't think so, that's fine. But I don't see anyone going into a thread about rock music saying OMFGGGGGGGG WE'RE GONNA KICK SO MUCH AZZZZZZZZ THIS YEAR!!!!!

There's nothing wrong with stating your opinion once and leaving it at that.
Nothing about my post in the Als thing was even remotely related to "OMG WE ARE GOING TO SUCK" or about the Gators. As for the walkons, its not really unexpected and its been a chronic, severe problem.

If you were so sure that Mushchump was a great coach, we would hear optimism and quiet confidence. You obviously arent either.

Fwiw I hope YOU are right and that Muschump's first three disaster years are behind us. But I expect that the zebra wont change his stripes, especially one who wont admit he has stripes.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous said:
I voted for a permanent ban.
Id be a big star on GC. They've been recruiting me for months.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
EuroGator said:
ppinesgator;n34873 said:
So last week I'm doing this innocent thread on ALS challenges, right? Having fun with it and getting comments back that are fun too. And along come Law sh*tt*ng on our fun with his angry agenda.

I don't think he should be banned. I think he should know what an ass he's being. Keeping this thread open might serve to do that. If not, I have the option of just not being here. And so does everyone else.

I voted for a temporary ban.

I agree that he should know how he's affecting the board. He has been told enough even if he couldn't perceive it without help. Even with the abundance of negative feedback he's gotten, he seems to persist without end and without apology. That's why I voiced a vote for a temporary ban. If he believed that it was significant enough to get Ox to act, then he might learn some self-control - even if only to honor Ox and his creation of this board. I know he cares about this board.

I should also say that I don't mind people voicing dissenting or negative views, I mind them persisting in being a nuisance to others in a community they're a part of. I also know that Law is intelligent and knows tons about football. I think he could be a great member of this board, but he isn't doing that. Just like a talented athlete on a team, sometimes you have to try different ways to communicate their need for change. Law could be this board's Mike Pouncey (toxic in the locker room and seemingly unchecked) or Damontre Harris (let go), but I'd rather him be Scottie Wilbekin (his senior year).
STFU you.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator said:
Seriously, dude? You pumpers really think I'm the only dude who hates Mushchimp, don't you?

I'm tired of relentless and neverending belief that Chimp will suddently figure out how to his job, all prior job performance and his win loss record to the contrary.
yeah, well you saw how the pole went. You loud biitches didnt have close to the support you thought.

Id like to see a mushchump poll. I dont even know a real live Gator that supports him. I know thats only a few hundred people but I doubt my sample is drastically different than the whole.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator