Lawrence Phillips kills cellmate

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You have the authoritarian part of fascism correct, but what makes it unique in comparison to other forms of authoritarianism is that there is an overarching element of nationalism or race. Totally doesn't apply to Google.

The First Amendment is probably the most misused political context there ever was. The very first phrase of the the amendment says "Congress shall make no law..." which pretty much tells you right there that it has no relevance in any other context than federal law making. So what Google decides to do about censorship is their business. Property rights trump free speech when you own the vehicle of said speech.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
stephenPE;n208848 said:
I was gonna say the dark red shag. ANd the olive green appliances.........but that was a long time ago and that is all I have to say........:peabody:
Stephen you are slipping. It was called Avocado.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
PastyStoole;n209281 said:
You have the authoritarian part of fascism correct, but what makes it unique in comparison to other forms of authoritarianism is that there is an overarching element of nationalism or race. Totally doesn't apply to Google.

The First Amendment is probably the most misused political context there ever was. The very first phrase of the the amendment says "Congress shall make no law..." which pretty much tells you right there that it has no relevance in any other context than federal law making. So what Google decides to do about censorship is their business. Property rights trump free speech when you own the vehicle of said speech.

I think we agree here but I may have misunderstood googles role in this. I was not aware that they owned this forum. I completely agree that if you own a business, you have the right to determine what is and isnt allowed. I guess I dont really understand how internet space works b/c I dont know much about it. I was under the impression that Ox owns this space and purchased the webtools to create the forum, b/c of that it was he that should control the content. If that is incorrect then I suppose I stand corrected :)

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Jabberdave;n209270 said:
Isn't it already? I thought the rule was 20 years old. I have a '95 pick up and I asked about the antique status when renewing last year and was told that it's 25 years. I think Ox could get the antique tag now.

BTW, it looks really sharp. Passed it this morning on the way to work. The rag top looks to be in pretty good shape.

It's UGA colors, though. :deadnanner:[/QUOTE [h=2]WHAT ARE ANTIQUE AND CUSTOM BUILT VEHICLES?[/h]
  • In Florida, an antique vehicle is defined as any motor vehicle that was manufactured after 1945 and is at least thirty years old.
1995 what?

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Durty South Swamp;n209287 said:
I think we agree here but I may have misunderstood googles role in this. I was not aware that they owned this forum. I completely agree that if you own a business, you have the right to determine what is and isnt allowed. I guess I dont really understand how internet space works b/c I dont know much about it. I was under the impression that Ox owns this space and purchased the webtools to create the forum, b/c of that it was he that should control the content. If that is incorrect then I suppose I stand corrected :)
They own the advertising plug-in that generates the ads you see and sends a small share of the ad revenue Ox's way. They have terms of service that restrict content, probably because some advertisers don't want to be affiliated with things like Nazi beastiality discussion forums and so forth.

Google does own YouTube, which is what the mod was referring to earlier.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Durty South Swamp;n209287 said:
If you pay the bills, you own it.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n209307 said:
You need to look at the PF crew. That is where the flaggers reside.

c'mon wobble, we all know you are a haibitual :surrender:

lol

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Durty South Swamp;n209309 said:
c'mon wobble, we all know you are a haibitual :surrender:

lol

I would have to care more about my Internet feelings to flag anyone. :lol:

Jabberdave

Founding Member
Your mom is very pretty.
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
crosscreekcooter;n209291 said:
Jabberdave;n209270 said:
Isn't it already? I thought the rule was 20 years old. I have a '95 pick up and I asked about the antique status when renewing last year and was told that it's 25 years. I think Ox could get the antique tag now.

BTW, it looks really sharp. Passed it this morning on the way to work. The rag top looks to be in pretty good shape.

It's UGA colors, though. :deadnanner:[/QUOTE [h=2]WHAT ARE ANTIQUE AND CUSTOM BUILT VEHICLES?[/h]
  • In Florida, an antique vehicle is defined as any motor vehicle that was manufactured after 1945 and is at least thirty years old.
1995 what?

Just a little GMC. It's like the Chevy S-10.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Durty South Swamp;n209239 said:
ehhh... ok. Facisim is about shutting down anything that some arbitrary goup who holds power doesnt agree with, and 1A is about being able to think, speak and express as you see fit, popular/correct or not. Sounds pretty appropo to me monkey.

Nope. The 1st amendment protects the free speech of individuals from the government. Not from each other. Your right to say whatever you want does not mean that others don't have the right to tell you to STFU or deny you service.

Similarly, individuals or groups often try to squash the speech or actions of other individuals or groups that don't think the same way, forcing everybody into one set of ideals and philosophy and purpose. But its only fascism when it is national policy. Otherwise it is just a difference of opinion.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Zambo;n209363 said:
Nope. The 1st amendment protects the free speech of individuals from the government. Not from each other. Your right to say whatever you want does not mean that others don't have the right to tell you to STFU or deny you service.

Similarly, individuals or groups often try to squash the speech or actions of other individuals or groups that don't think the same way, forcing everybody into one set of ideals and philosophy and purpose. But its only fascism when it is national policy. Otherwise it is just a difference of opinion.

Weve already hashed all that in this thread, courtesy of pasty and nav. I was under the impression that Ox owned the webspace and webtool used to create the board, but was being censored by some other entity. I was not aware he was sort of "renting" the space or product that provides the service and is subject to their terms of service.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Durty South Swamp;n209398 said:
Weve already hashed all that in this thread, courtesy of pasty and nav. I was under the impression that Ox owned the webspace and webtool used to create the board, but was being censored by some other entity. I was not aware he was sort of "renting" the space or product that provides the service and is subject to their terms of service.

Okay, I've got both those guys on ignore so I didn't see it.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Jabberdave;n209270 said:
I guess looks are deceiving. That top is trashed and needs to be replaced. The plastic back window is so sunfaded and yellow you can't see through it.

Jabberdave

Founding Member
Your mom is very pretty.
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Is that something you would order or have it made, like at L&S?

Looked sharp, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator