LDR to start against Michigan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chuckmcphail

Lifetime Member
Sep 21, 2016
Do you really think Meatchicken is actually afraid of any of these Qbs?
I think Zaire gives them the most problems To game plan against as he can take off and pickup first downs. This is why I think he starts the first game. He has the big game experience. But I do think Franks will be the starter by the end of the season.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
When Zaire came to town I thought it was already a given that Zaire would be the starter. Now I've been hearing that Franks has separated himself from the pack. It looks to me like Franks is the starter and there will be a package of plays each game designed for Zaire.

I hope this is correct as I think it would be best for our program. I don't think Del Rio takes any meaningful snaps unless Franks suffers an injury.

However, Del Rio has some stats that just make me shake my head.

• He became the second transfer quarterback to start a game in program history (vs. UMass), the first was Noah Brindise in 1997
  • He joined Rex Grossman (2002) and Chris Leak (2005) as the only Gator quarterbacks since 1996 to complete 65 percent of his passes (min. 25 completions and 40 att.), throw two touchdowns and zero interceptions in a single game (UMass - 29 of 44 for 256 yards and 2 TDs)
  • His 256 passing yards were the fifth most by a UF quarterback in his debut start since 1990
  • The following week against Kentucky, Del Rio was named the Manning Star of the Week as he completed 19-of-32 passes for 320 yards and four touchdowns
  • He became the first UF quarterback since Rex Grossman against LSU in 2001 to hit 300 yards and four TDs passing against a league opponent
  • He became the first UF quarterback since Tim Tebow (2007) to throw for 250-plus yards and complete 55 percent of his passes in consecutive games
  • As a team against the Wildcats, Del Rio engineered an offense that converted 14 of its 20 third downs, becoming the only SEC team since 1996 to convert at least 70 percent of its third downs when it faced at least 20 of them in a game
  • Del Rio engineered an offense that totaled over 500 total yards of offense twice (Mizzou, Kentucky), which marked the first time the Gators recorded 500 total yards in two games in a season since 2014 and the first time since 2008 it did it against SEC opponents
  • Was one of 16 quarterbacks overall, and one of two quarterbacks in the SEC to throw for 320-plus yards and four touchdowns against a Power Five opponent
I was shocked when I read those stats for the first time.

Obligatory disclaimer for the dumpers:
  • No Donkey, I am not saying that I want Del Rio to start
  • No, I do not work for the UAA
  • No, I am not saying stars don't matter
  • No, I am not saying recruiting rankings don't count
  • No, I will not answer an unrelated question designed to have no correct answer with a simple yes or no

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
  • He became the second transfer quarterback to start a game in program history (vs. UMass), the first was Noah Brindise in 1997
  • He joined Rex Grossman (2002) and Chris Leak (2005) as the only Gator quarterbacks since 1996 to complete 65 percent of his passes (min. 25 completions and 40 att.), throw two touchdowns and zero interceptions in a single game (UMass - 29 of 44 for 256 yards and 2 TDs)
  • His 256 passing yards were the fifth most by a UF quarterback in his debut start since 1990
  • The following week against Kentucky, Del Rio was named the Manning Star of the Week as he completed 19-of-32 passes for 320 yards and four touchdowns
  • He became the first UF quarterback since Rex Grossman against LSU in 2001 to hit 300 yards and four TDs passing against a league opponent
  • He became the first UF quarterback since Tim Tebow (2007) to throw for 250-plus yards and complete 55 percent of his passes in consecutive games
  • As a team against the Wildcats, Del Rio engineered an offense that converted 14 of its 20 third downs, becoming the only SEC team since 1996 to convert at least 70 percent of its third downs when it faced at least 20 of them in a game
  • Del Rio engineered an offense that totaled over 500 total yards of offense twice (Mizzou, Kentucky), which marked the first time the Gators recorded 500 total yards in two games in a season since 2014 and the first time since 2008 it did it against SEC opponents
  • Was one of 16 quarterbacks overall, and one of two quarterbacks in the SEC to throw for 320-plus yards and four touchdowns against a Power Five opponent
Damn. How did he not win the Heisman?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
When Zaire came to town I thought it was already a given that Zaire would be the starter. Now I've been hearing that Franks has separated himself from the pack. It looks to me like Franks is the starter and there will be a package of plays each game designed for Zaire.

I hope this is correct as I think it would be best for our program. I don't think Del Rio takes any meaningful snaps unless Franks suffers an injury.

• No, I will not answer an unrelated question designed to have no correct answer with a simple yes or no
So, he looked good against Kentucky and UMass. Color me unimpressed.

That said, I'm sure Mac thinks he gives us the best chance to win and will trot him out against Michigan.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member

Surprising stats.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Just got word....Franks is the starter

Source: The little green man in my head (he has never steered me wrong before)
giphy.gif

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
goldfish_3353046b.jpg

My memory of your season is just fine Luke, you don't throw that well and being clutch... I think not.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
If by we, you mean UF Admin, I think we form a search committee and begin looking at names that may be available, either this December or the next, as I believe the experiment will have run its due course.

If by we, you mean us as fans on GCMB, I think we take a rational approach to the whole thing, patiently awaiting the details from our AD with full faith that the correct move will be made, while maintaining a balanced view of the current regime, careful to avoid any comments that may be considered a personal or cheap shot of the staff, their families or pets, referencing any noticeable discoloration of a physical attribute, or intentionally manipulating said coaches' last names to resemble a less than flattering word or phrase.

Just a hunch.
:lmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members