Founding Member
Some funny shcit 2222. Glad we have you:lol:

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
22 has a way of making a turd glisten like the hope diamond. All those "first quarterback since tim, or rex, or leak" comments sound amazing. Until you stop to remember that we haven't had a single fooking quarterback since rex, chris, and tim!!!

Comparative stats can make you look great.... when they're comparing you to dogsh*t.

:facepalm:

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member

What he really thinks:

giphy.gif

I thought he did pretty well the first two games. Nothing to write home about, but better than what we've had since Tebow.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
What he really thinks:

giphy.gif

I thought he did pretty well the first two games. Nothing to write home about, but better than what we've had since Tebow.

I mean he played UMASS, NT, and UK...I'm not going to heap praise on him for being mediocre.

Also, I'd argue Driskel is in 2012 was much much much better than Del Taco last year.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
What he really thinks:

giphy.gif

Well UMass didn't look that good and KY he had good numbers but was still throwing weak stuff that would be dangerous against a good defense. Against N Texas before the injury he was throwing a bunch of dangerous stuff also off his back foot.

gators4224

Apr 30, 2016
Whoever gives us the best chance to win vs Michigan should start. I dont care who that is. We could play wildcat the whole game and I wouldnt care. Whatever it takes to win THAT game.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Well UMass didn't look that good and KY he had good numbers but was still throwing weak stuff that would be dangerous against a good defense. Against N Texas before the injury he was throwing a bunch of dangerous stuff also off his back foot.

He led UF to 45 points against a UK defense that gave up 44 points to Southern Miss the week before. So not only did the UF offense look mediocre against UMass, but it was nothing special against UK either, despite what in isolation appears to be a lot of points for UF.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
I agree on N Texas. He was throwing of his back foot and side arming it too. I'm not saying he's good. He's adequate with a decent line. Hope someone emerges that's better because it would be great to have him as a back up. But, even if he's the best we have it doesn't mean everything is lost. It all comes down to the oline play.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Whoever gives us the best chance to win vs Michigan should start. I dont care who that is. We could play wildcat the whole game and I wouldnt care. Whatever it takes to win THAT game.
Diddo.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Also, I'd argue Driskel is in 2012 was much much much better than Del Taco last year.
Please tell me what it is you toolbags remember about 2012 that even approaches compete QB play? Handing the ball off and throwing for 70 yards? Really?

Last edited:

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
He led UF to 45 points against a UK defense that gave up 44 points to Southern Miss the week before. So not only did the UF offense look mediocre against UMass, but it was nothing special against UK either, despite what in isolation appears to be a lot of points for UF.
Not sure but thought also that Quincy and Teez helped that score out a good bit too. Nothing surprises about LDR at all. I even said it last year before he started. He's not, nor ever will be all world. He is a manager, plain and simple. And so far....not so good at it. We need a leader and he ain't it. Need someone that's not a Twitter crybaby trying to act the persona of his badazz daddy.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
Please tell me what it is you.toolbags remeber about 2012 that even approaches compete QB play? Handing the ball off and throwing for 70 yards? Really?

Hey moron where in my post did I say that I thought Driskel was great in 2012? I simply said he was better than LDR last year which isn't saying much...

You really are a dumbass sometimes

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
If Del Taco is starter then it will take a TOTAL team effort and more to achieve the goals and progress we all want. His a great kid, smart and football savvy, that said his talent level is mediocre at best. Outstanding D II player.

Last edited:

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Please tell me what it is you.toolbags remeber about 2012 that even approaches compete QB play? Handing the ball off and throwing for 70 yards? Really?

A first time starter.. Driskel played well at points (A&M, Tennessee, FSU). The big issue was the OL couldn't protect and he got worse under Muschamp's coaching.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
When Zaire came to town I thought it was already a given that Zaire would be the starter. Now I've been hearing that Franks has separated himself from the pack. It looks to me like Franks is the starter and there will be a package of plays each game designed for Zaire.

I hope this is correct as I think it would be best for our program. I don't think Del Rio takes any meaningful snaps unless Franks suffers an injury.

However, Del Rio has some stats that just make me shake my head.

• He became the second transfer quarterback to start a game in program history (vs. UMass), the first was Noah Brindise in 1997
  • He joined Rex Grossman (2002) and Chris Leak (2005) as the only Gator quarterbacks since 1996 to complete 65 percent of his passes (min. 25 completions and 40 att.), throw two touchdowns and zero interceptions in a single game (UMass - 29 of 44 for 256 yards and 2 TDs)
  • His 256 passing yards were the fifth most by a UF quarterback in his debut start since 1990
  • The following week against Kentucky, Del Rio was named the Manning Star of the Week as he completed 19-of-32 passes for 320 yards and four touchdowns
  • He became the first UF quarterback since Rex Grossman against LSU in 2001 to hit 300 yards and four TDs passing against a league opponent
  • He became the first UF quarterback since Tim Tebow (2007) to throw for 250-plus yards and complete 55 percent of his passes in consecutive games
  • As a team against the Wildcats, Del Rio engineered an offense that converted 14 of its 20 third downs, becoming the only SEC team since 1996 to convert at least 70 percent of its third downs when it faced at least 20 of them in a game
  • Del Rio engineered an offense that totaled over 500 total yards of offense twice (Mizzou, Kentucky), which marked the first time the Gators recorded 500 total yards in two games in a season since 2014 and the first time since 2008 it did it against SEC opponents
  • Was one of 16 quarterbacks overall, and one of two quarterbacks in the SEC to throw for 320-plus yards and four touchdowns against a Power Five opponent
I was shocked when I read those stats for the first time.

Obligatory disclaimer for the dumpers:
  • No Donkey, I am not saying that I want Del Rio to start
  • No, I do not work for the UAA
  • No, I am not saying stars don't matter
  • No, I am not saying recruiting rankings don't count
  • No, I will not answer an unrelated question designed to have no correct answer with a simple yes or no

Del Rio is a selfish kid who put himself above the team last year. He was hurt and couldn't play and he just thought adrenalin would get him through it and didn't tell the coaches the extent of his injury. I don't want this kid to ever take a snap in a Gator uniform again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.