• 0-3

Results are only viewable after voting.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Mullen borrowing a page from the Meyer book on building leadership, the foundation of every winning program.

It's been a long time since we had any.
We haven't had any in the coaching staff or among the players. Inexcusable.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Mullen is in good physical condition. He completed a Boston Marathon. A coach in good condition gains the respect of the players. "Gassers" had a completely different meaning for McElwain.

Right Joe, and having endurance maintains coaching energy, no zengratiating warbling. As to Mullen's speeches, and all else, well, he's grown by on the job training not at GatorNation's expense. Wait and see hope seems justified.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016

I totally agree that DM said some non-productive things over the years. I didn't mean to suggest that some weren't at least fairly recent. The "Florida stinks" comment, attributed to him in Meyer's last season, was ingracious to say the least. I'm sure there are other comments that would chap my hide, that I just never heard. However, winning cures everything and if DM returns us to prominence, he can say anything he damn well pleases. Does that make me a bad person?

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Everybody on a new assignment is a changed man -- at the least changed over from the old assignment, from the old tools available, via the new salary for new responsibility, etc. Gotta wait to see it build or fall apart. Does any critic really, really believe Mullen is gonna fail UF ?

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Does he seem different to you now?

I really hated the dude when he was here before... but this older version of Mullen seems more likeable and even gives me some hope he may be a different coach.

I didn’t hate him before but didn’t like his smug arrogance especially where it came to his comments about Spurrier’s offense. He wasn’t wrong but it came off snotty. That was the only reason he wasn’t on my list during the search. (And I posted about that.)

Since he walked off the plane, he’s been a very different guy. I realized it’s been 9 years. He has grown and changed a lot in that time for the better.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
I like this and it’s the sort of thing that good and great teams do. Mullen keeps making the right steps, saying the right things, keeping in mind it’s spring and no one is in trouble yet, no one has gotten hurt yet, etc.

Brings to mind a happy Zook story. Some WR was struggling to get a pretty heavy weight up on the bench press. Zook jumped on the bench and banged out several reps with it, leaving the player stunned.

Also, Billy D. used to wow his players with his cardio workouts. I saw him on a rotating stairs machine in the locker room while on a private tour. Red Anderson was giving the tour and said, “You’ll get tired of watching him before he gets tired of doing that.”

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Brings to mind a happy Zook story. Some WR was struggling to get a pretty heavy weight up on the bench press. Zook jumped on the bench and banged out several reps with it, leaving the player stunned.

I think that was Taylor Jacobs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator