Lebron going back to Cleveland

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Leaving the Heat and becoming a free agent. I think the Heat fan base just shrank by at least 50%.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gif-1135.gif

Jabberdave

Founding Member
Your mom is very pretty.
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n8086 said:
Leaving the Heat and becoming a free agent. I think the Heat fan base just shrank by at least 50%.

Jumping the gun a bit, aren't we? :lol:

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Jabberdave;n8092 said:
Jumping the gun a bit, aren't we? :lol:
You aren't under the delusion that he's just maneuvering for a new deal with the Heat, are you? He's as good as gone.

Jabberdave

Founding Member
Your mom is very pretty.
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n8093 said:
You aren't under the delusion that he's just maneuvering for a new deal with the Heat, are you? He's as good as gone.

I don't know, but I certainly think it's a bit early to just jump up and make such a huge accusation when all but maybe Wade were expected to opt out.

Maybe he does, maybe he doesn't.

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

I think Greg Popovich and the Spurs took the heart out of LeBron and the Heat out of Miami.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
If Lebron does end up staying it will be because Carmelo ends up there imo. I have a feeling he probably ends up somewhere else like Houston however since I don't see Wade taking that big of a pay cut.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n8096 said:
If Lebron does end up staying it will be because Carmelo ends up there imo. I have a feeling he probably ends up somewhere else like Houston however since I don't see Wade taking that big of a pay cut.

Can Houston afford to have Lebron on the team? If Lebron did join the Rockets, what would happen to Parsons?

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
He's not going to the Western Conference, he wouldn't be able to win sh*t out there. He thrives on a conference that sends sub-.500 teams to the playoffs every year. And if Carmelo joins the Heat, they're officially finished.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
LeBron and Melo should blow peoples minds and go to the Bucks.

Jabberdave

Founding Member
Your mom is very pretty.
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n8098 said:
He's not going to the Western Conference, he wouldn't be able to win sh*t out there. He thrives on a conference that sends sub-.500 teams to the playoffs every year. And if Carmelo joins the Heat, they're officially finished.

Agreed. Not that they may not be finished already, but that will certainly kill any chances they had.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I would assume James would want to go to a larger market - Chicago, New York, etc.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n8104 said:
I would assume James would want to go to a larger market - Chicago, New York, etc.

Dallas? I believe that would be the only team out West that he might go to.

Jabberdave

Founding Member
Your mom is very pretty.
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n8104 said:

Not sure if that matters unless it is ego......and that very well may be the case. He's already the single most polarizing player in the NBA and will continue to make money by the millions for years to come. If Chicago has the cap space, they may set up nicely for a title run with him, otherwise, the lack of income tax in Miami has to look pretty sweet.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
That's true about the income tax. However, he may be able to make even more endorsement money in a huge market....who knows? At the end of the day I think he just wants to go somewhere else. Money may have no factor.

ppinesgator

Founding Member
aka "Biggums"
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member

Doesn't mean that at all. It means he's not accepting his current contract. That could mean any number of things including he's going to take less money now and get it on the back end. In any circumstance, he would be foolish to not test the waters as a negotiating ploy.

A good indicator of what's going to happen next his what the Heat do tomorrow with their draft pick. If they keep it and select the player themselves, they are going through a total rebuild. If they don't, Riley feels confident about not needing a complete rebuild.

So don't get all wet so soon, Akron Boy.

Jabberdave

Founding Member
Your mom is very pretty.
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
ppinesgator;n8117 said:
Doesn't mean that at all. It means he's not accepting his current contract. That could mean any number of things including he's going to take less money now and get it on the back end. In any circumstance, he would be foolish to not test the waters as a negotiating ploy.

A good indicator of what's going to happen next his what the Heat do tomorrow with their draft pick. If they keep it and select the player themselves, they are going through a total rebuild. If they don't, Riley feels confident about not needing a complete rebuild.

:exactly:

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
ppinesgator;n8117 said:

It is understandable that you would be holding out hope that Lebron doesn't crush your Heat's dream of winning a title next year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.