Lebron passes MJ to become #1 post season scorer

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Look how weak the playoffs were. Golden State 12-0, Cleveland 12-1. A joke.

Just look at MJ's division when he played:

Detroit - bad boys
Cleveland - vastly underrated with Price, Nance, Daughtery, Ehlo
Charlotte - LJ, Zo, Mugsy, and old man Curry, and 23K in the stands every night
Atlanta - Dominique, Willis, Webb
Indiana - Miller, Schrempf, Smits

The league is not even close to as deep as it was back in MJ's prime.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Look how weak the playoffs were. Golden State 12-0, Cleveland 12-1. A joke.

Just look at MJ's division when he played:

Detroit - bad boys
Cleveland - vastly underrated with Price, Nance, Daughtery, Ehlo
Charlotte - LJ, Zo, Mugsy, and old man Curry, and 23K in the stands every night
Atlanta - Dominique, Willis, Webb
Indiana - Miller, Schrempf, Smits

The league is not even close to as deep as it was back in MJ's prime.
Did jordans bulls ever beat a team as good as the warriors last year?

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
The Bad Boys would have shut pretty boy Steph down then physically bitch slapped him if he dared drive the paint.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Thr badboys are equivalent to the Memphis grizzlyz.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
In a post game interview last night, Lebron called MJ The Greatest of All Time.

Discussion over :grin:

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not a lebron humper like some on here. I grew up watching MJ make magic happen and he's what I think of when I think of legendary. All that being said, what lebron has done on 2 teams is truly phenomenal. Decent arguments can be made that east is awful compared to MJ's time but decent arguments can also be made that the West, during lebrons run of titles is as good as its ever been. Think about the West opponents hes faced, theyve all been outstanding. The knock on him initially was that he had to pair up with a couple of stars to win, but going to cleveland and winning in year 2 was pretty impressive. Besides a rookie named kyrie they had noone besides lebron, and no they didnt have love either, dude was injured and in street clothes the whole playoff run. He basically took a team with a good PG and made them world champions; that sort of erased doubt in my mind of his legitimacy. If you can go to freakin cleveland with a roster that looks more like michael jackson than micheal jordan and win a freaking title against possibly the most prolific offense in NBA history, you're doing something.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The game is too different, would Lebron be the same player if he played in the rules of Jordan's time. Would Jordan be better/the same in this era of rules?

GatorMan5K

Gatorologist
Lifetime Member
Oct 9, 2014
Labron is great, Jordan was better.

The biggest difference to me is Labron pisses and moans until he gets other great players on his team. MJ made everyone around him a better player.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Lebron won a title with a rookie kyrie irving and a bunch of guys who could easily be hocking cell phones at a mall kiosk. To say lebron cant do anything without getting great talent around him is to completley erase his title in cleveland. He had a rookie pg who was good, thats it. Everyone else was scrubs.

Also, this narrative that MJ had no talent and that the only reason players were good was because he made them that way I just laugh. Scottie Pippen is an NBA HOFer, Dennis Rodman was a beast, and lets not forget about shooters. There's a guy whos coaching the Warriors right now who was an incredible shooting guard. MJ had plenty of talent around him when he was winning. Some of you are way to far removed from those years to think rationally on the subject. MJ is by far my favorite player of all time, but he's not a deity or anything :lol:

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Lebron won a title with a rookie kyrie irving and a bunch of guys who could easily be hocking cell phones at a mall kiosk. To say lebron cant do anything without getting great talent around him is to completley erase his title in cleveland. He had a rookie pg who was good, thats it. Everyone else was scrubs.

Also, this narrative that MJ had no talent and that the only reason players were good was because he made them that way I just laugh. Scottie Pippen is an NBA HOFer, Dennis Rodman was a beast, and lets not forget about shooters. There's a guy whos coaching the Warriors right now who was an incredible shooting guard. MJ had plenty of talent around him when he was winning. Some of you are way to far removed from those years to think rationally on the subject. MJ is by far my favorite player of all time, but he's not a deity or anything :lol:

Lebron didn't win a title while Kyrie was a rookie....that Cavs team he won with last year had plenty of talent IMO.

All this said, while Lebron is easily one of the GOATs, scoring today just isn't the same as back in MJ's time. Heck, they don't even enforce the most common rules such as traveling, moving screens, carries, double dribbles etc, etc. Totally different game.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Lebron didn't win a title while Kyrie was a rookie....that Cavs team he won with last year had plenty of talent IMO.

All this said, while Lebron is easily one of the GOATs, scoring today just isn't the same as back in MJ's time. Heck, they don't even enforce the most common rules such as traveling, moving screens, carries, double dribbles etc, etc. Totally different game.
Was he year 2? Thought he was a rook. They had to run with delavadova the year prior. Completely agree on the game being totally different, you cant play defense. But consider how prolific GSW offense was coupled with the fact that they could get away with anything and defensively cleveland wouldnt be allowed to do much of anything against them, and yet... cleveland still won.

Changes in the game still effect both teams.

Edit - just looked him up, dang hes old. Where the heck was he? Was he injured the first year lebron got cleve in the playoffs? I watched that finals series, he was nowhere to be found.

Edit 2 - yep, he got injured in a previous series and didnt play against GSW aside from a few mins in game 1.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Was he year 2? Thought he was a rook. They had to run with delavadova the year prior. Completely agree on the game being totally different, you cant play defense. But consider how prolific GSW offense was coupled with the fact that they could get away with anything and defensively cleveland wouldnt be allowed to do much of anything against them, and yet... cleveland still won.

Changes in the game still effect both teams.

Edit - just looked him up, dang hes old. Where the heck was he? Was he injured the first year lebron got cleve in the playoffs? I watched that finals series, he was nowhere to be found.

This is year 5 for Irving, time flies man :lol:

It was very impressive how Lebron took down GS, however if Green doesn't get that suspension, I'm not sure that happens. Still, never know and can't take that away from Lebron.

Should be an amazing Finals this year, I'm actually looking forward to watching.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
but going to cleveland and winning in year 2 was pretty impressive. Besides a rookie named kyrie they had noone besides lebron, and no they didnt have love either, dude was injured and in street clothes the whole playoff run.
They did have love, it was in 2015 that they didn't.

Kyrie Irving wasn't a rookie. He was a former #1 pick who was already a 2x all star and reigning all star game mvp when lebron joined them.

Lebron went back to Cleveland because that team gave him the best chance to win. They had gotten three consecutive #1 overall draft picks giving them talent and trade assets. When they won they had the league's highest payroll. He had plenty of talent surrounding him.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
They did have love, it was in 2015 that they didn't.

Kyrie Irving wasn't a rookie. He was a former #1 pick who was already a 2x all star and reigning all star game mvp when lebron joined them.

Lebron went back to Cleveland because that team gave him the best chance to win. They had gotten three consecutive #1 overall draft picks giving them talent and trade assets. When they won they had the league's highest payroll. He had plenty of talent surrounding him.
Yeah, jay corrected me. Both of them were out in 15 when lebron had nobody but delavodova against GSW.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This is year 5 for Irving, time flies man :lol:

It was very impressive how Lebron took down GS, however if Green doesn't get that suspension, I'm not sure that happens. Still, never know and can't take that away from Lebron.

Should be an amazing Finals this year, I'm actually looking forward to watching.
I thought the officiating was pretty horrific last year.

It will be fun to watch these super teams collide, but I'd prefer to see the nba fix their cba so that the finals isn't an all star game.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Lol. No doubt MJ is the greatest ever but LeBron is not far behind him. You must've not watched much basketball during Jordan's run. Until he won a championship they constantly called him a ball hog and said he couldn't elevate the play of his teammates. Oh, and they had a "Jordan rule" where they never called a travel on him. He made palming the ball a fad in the 90s.

Again, no dispute that he's the greatest ever. But LeBron is second. And that guy takes teams that win nothing and turns them into NBA finals teams. He's done it twice in Cleveland.

The Cleveland team this year is a pretty damn good team though outside of Lebron. I think this is the first time in forever that the same two teams have faced each other in the finals three years in a row.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.