Lebron passes MJ to become #1 post season scorer

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
You're not even old enough to really remember those teams. I definitely liked the NBA infinitely more back then but some of you suffer from an incurable case of "when i was a kid we walked to school barefoot in snow, uphill... both ways!" disease. :rolleyes:
The hell I am! I watched all those Bulls finals, I was an MJ fanatic. Now I wasn't old enough for the Celtics-Lakers rivalry in the 80s, but I remember MJ's Bulls very well.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I've read some. I just have one thing to say.

We are all witnesses.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Look how weak the playoffs were. Golden State 12-0, Cleveland 12-1. A joke.

Just look at MJ's division when he played:

Detroit - bad boys
Cleveland - vastly underrated with Price, Nance, Daughtery, Ehlo
Charlotte - LJ, Zo, Mugsy, and old man Curry, and 23K in the stands every night
Atlanta - Dominique, Willis, Webb
Indiana - Miller, Schrempf, Smits

The league is not even close to as deep as it was back in MJ's prime.
You forgot the knicks and the 1 year Orlando was good.

Also look at the finals teams he beat. The blazers and Barkley suns were good the first three and then the Sonics and jazz in the last three.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
The game is so different today that it's hard to compare. The rules have changed so much defence is next to impossible and with how depleted the college game has become you are hoping the develop in the NBA rather than spending 3-4 years in college.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
This is exaggerated. He took a bad Cleveland team to the finals in a horrible eastern conference .
His Cleveland team knocked off the defending champs (pistons) that year to get to the finals. His freaking running mate was boobie Gibson, dude. It was a pretty impressive run considering the scrubs he had to run with.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I forgot to add that the current NBA product is complete garbage. If I watch any of the finals it will be the first complete NBA game I watch all year. Durant is being quite the vagina in the press about going to a loaded team.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The Eastern Conference has been an abomination for YEARS. Let's see Baby Bron Bron put up those kinda numbers against Ewing's Knicks or Barkley's Suns or Malone's Jazz.
:bwahaha:

None of those jokers have remotely close to the same skill set as Lebron , play different positions and couldn't guard him one on one if their life depended on it.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
:bwahaha:

None of those jokers have remotely close to the same skill set as Lebron , play different positions and couldn't guard him one on one if their life depended on it.
mtbu.gif

And I'm sure your proof is Lebron torching the Warriors, whose idea of defense is wait for the other team to miss so they can go shoot more 3's. Several of those teams in the 80's and 90's would have torched this Cavs team or even the Heat.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Haven't read all the back-forth dribble, but subtract all of both men's dunks. There is more crowd mystery and
excitement as well and "shake-head" amazement on a ball that travels longly through the air, over a tight defender's hand and swishes, than Lebron's fake-away break-away dunk-drops into the basket. Lebron's another great, but a different great. Also, Lebron always has a height advantage over his defenders. Also, also, compare 3-point %s? ... and finally where was Lebron's tongue all this time?

Last edited:

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
mtbu.gif

And I'm sure your proof is Lebron torching the Warriors, whose idea of defense is wait for the other team to miss so they can go shoot more 3's. Several of those teams in the 80's and 90's would have torched this Cavs team or even the Heat.

In your world a midget named Kevin , a slow white boy named dan , and a fat man named Charles can shut down lebron. In your world two white boys with no size and a mailman with breasts can shut down lebron. In your world a moron known most for choking his coach than for outstanding play along with a big
Man that rarely left the paint defensively would shut down Lebron. I'm glad I don't live in your world of unicorns and thirty foot tall penguins. Sounds like a bizarre place. I live on planet earth where none of the players listed above are as much as a pimple on Lebron James ass

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
In your world a midget named Kevin , a slow white boy named dan , and a fat man named Charles can shut down lebron. In your world two white boys with no size and a mailman with breasts can shut down lebron. In your world a moron known most for choking his coach than for outstanding play along with a big
Man that rarely left the paint defensively would shut down Lebron. I'm glad I don't live in your world of unicorns and thirty foot tall penguins. Sounds like a bizarre place. I live on planet earth where none of the players listed above are as much as a pimple on Lebron James ass
It's called team defense and refs who don't call fouls for breathing on players. And Lebron's flopping alone would have gotten him eaten alive. Sorry to burst your bubble, but the NBA is as watered down as it's ever been, and Lebron playing exclusively in the East just means he's a big fish in a tiny, tiny pond.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It's called team defense and refs who don't call fouls for breathing on players. And Lebron's flopping alone would have gotten him eaten alive. Sorry to burst your bubble, but the NBA is as watered down as it's ever been, and Lebron playing exclusively in the East just means he's a big fish in a tiny, tiny pond.

I could literally make the same exact argument you're making against Lebron against Hank.But It's obviously not Hank's fault he didn't get at bats against Randy, Pedro, Clemens, Schilling, Maddux ,Morris etc...Drysdale & Koufax were probably the toughest guys he had to face, and a young NR. There just weren't as many great arms in the game fifty years ago as there were in the 90's. It doesn't mean one of the all time greats to ever pick up a bat was a big fish in a tiny pond. When in fact he (like Lebron) would be great in any era.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Lebron played more playoff games to get his total

MJ took more shots to get his total.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
MJ took more shots to get his total.
Is that true? I saw somewhere that MJ's playoff percentages for field goals and threes were both higher than lebron's. Does lebron really shoot that many more threes than MJ did? I suppose that's possible with all of the rule changes.

Edit: Or maybe leflop is just getting to the line more?

Edit 2: Lebron has taken about twice as many threes. He has also gotten to the line a couple hundred more times, but has made fewer free throws.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.