Lebron passes MJ to become #1 post season scorer

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
The truth lies in the mentality. MJ is shoot first. LBJ is pass first.

What many may not realize is MJ was an outstanding passer. When forced to the point he could easily drop 10 dimes.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

What many may not realize is MJ was an outstanding passer. When forced to the point he could easily drop 10 dimes.
I think the mentality is driven by the skill.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
I think the mentality is driven by the skill.

LBJ is a dominant scorer. MJ could be a dominant passer. They approach the game differently. As MJ aged we watched his shooting mature. He became unstoppable with his jump shot as it developed and improved each year. LBJ's total game has matured as he gets older. He is better rebounder and passer now than ever before.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
LBJ is a dominant scorer. MJ could be a dominant passer. They approach the game differently. As MJ aged we watched his shooting mature. He became unstoppable with his jump shot as it developed and improved each year. LBJ's total game has matured as he gets older. He is better rebounder and passer now than ever before.
LBJ is not and will never be the scorer that MJ was. In that regard he is limited by his ability, not his mentality.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
So... what happened? :grin:
jsbti.gif

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

Did you used to be USMC or something like that over at GSMB?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

Spot on post. Michael's career had a Part I -- Air Jordan the acrobat flying around the rim -- and a Part II -- the mature Michael who became a great postup scorer but could still close with the best of 'em when he needed to.

The biggest difference I to II was upper body. After being mauled at the hands of Chuck Daley's Pistons -- the so-called Jordan Rules -- Michael vowed to never again be muscled around. He put on 20 pounds of muscle in one off season and thereafter could just as easily play small forward as shooting guard.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Why must everyone who's really good be compared to someone else in an attempt to tear them down?

If they suck or need real improvement, by all means, or if they started the comparison themselves, but good lord do ppl get butthurt over a dude just going about his biz and being great at something. Seems like a good dude, good spouse, good dad, charitable, etc. and he's a great player.

What a douche, let's trash him! :lol:

(And before all the pumps start in with the "well mac!!!" comments, the difference is Lebron's actually great at his job)

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Why must everyone who's really good be compared to someone else in an attempt to tear them down?

If they suck or need real improvement, by all means, or if they started the comparison themselves
The dude wears MJ's number. He invites the comparison.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
If he could be he would be.

As I said....he practically is the scorer. Difference over their careers is maybe 3-4 points a game.

What separates them offensively is not total points (scoring)....it is shooting. MJ became deadly as a shooter. Better...and far more consistent than LBJ.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Can punk Curry and Mebron have simultaneous career ending injuries so we can watch the NBA again? I swear the Charlotte media would still kneel and suck off Steph Curry even if the Hornets won the whole thing. Beyond nauseating.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
I could literally make the same exact argument you're making against Lebron against Hank.But It's obviously not Hank's fault he didn't get at bats against Randy, Pedro, Clemens, Schilling, Maddux ,Morris etc...Drysdale & Koufax were probably the toughest guys he had to face, and a young NR. There just weren't as many great arms in the game fifty years ago as there were in the 90's. It doesn't mean one of the all time greats to ever pick up a bat was a big fish in a tiny pond. When in fact he (like Lebron) would be great in any era.

What? Koufax, Drysdale, Gibson, Marichal, Seaver, Jenkins, Carlton, etc. Lots of live arms.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
What? Koufax, Drysdale, Gibson, Marichal, Seaver, Jenkins, Carlton, etc. Lots of live arms.

I listed Sandy, Drysdale and Nolan. You're definitely right about Seaver. He's one that I had completely forgot about. There were good arms back then, but over time there became even more tough pitchers is all I was saying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.