Lemons Decommits, then REcommits, then REdecommits

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He was one of the best commits we had. Good size and elite speed. Sucks to lose him. Maybe he will come back, but I doubt it. I don't recall many who flip back
He already flipped from UNC to UF. We're his 2nd "de-committ". I think this kid is the highest ranked RB in Florida. Maybe we can sway him back. Who knows?

heversle

Founding Member
Baba Booey Tata Toothy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Whatever. If he comes back, cool, but I want us to recruit kids that aren't afraid of competition. We're still in good shape at running back, especially if Perine turns out to be a stud. I think our play offensively this year will raise a lot of eyebrows and endear UF to more recruits on that side of the ball. Let's get nervous about recruiting closer to February, not in August or September.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
But some aren't worried about our recruiting.

It's night and day from the top teams to how we are recruiting. It's not disastrous but I envy the ones who don't seem to think its not a big deal.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not worried about running back. Its losing our highest rated in state recruit that hurts.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not worried about running back. Its losing our highest rated in state recruit that hurts.
Only if you value recruiting rankings over meeting our actual needs. We're good at RB right NOW. But the Jordan's are juniors next year and Thompson is a senior (assuming he has a good but not great year this year and he's back for a senior year). We NEED a big time running back in this class. And supposedly we told Lemmons if he joined the class, he'd be the only RB we signed this year...

Hope we have some solid options we've been slow playing cause we thought we had Lemmons in the bag.

heversle

Founding Member
Baba Booey Tata Toothy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
But some aren't worried about our recruiting.

It's night and day from the top teams to how we are recruiting. It's not disastrous but I envy the ones who don't seem to think its not a big deal.

It is a big deal, but it would be an even bigger deal if we have a great season and we're STILL not flipping kids or getting the highly rated recruits that we weren't previously on the radar of left and right. THAT is when I'll be concerned. Mac has had one good season. A lot of recruits are different than us diehard fans in the regard that they're optimistic, but they're waiting to see whether or not he is a one hit wonder or if he has in fact restored the program to being a legitimate Playoff/National Championship level program. The outcome of this season will either confirm a lot of suspicions or silence the many doubts of skeptical recruits.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Only if you value recruiting rankings over meeting our actual needs. We're good at RB right NOW. But the Jordan's are juniors next year and Thompson is a senior (assuming he has a good but not great year this year and he's back for a senior year). We NEED a big time running back in this class. And supposedly we told Lemmons if he joined the class, he'd be the only RB we signed this year...

Hope we have some solid options we've been slow playing cause we thought we had Lemmons in the bag.
Usually the top kids want to play together. I think it hurts in that kinda way. I also thought he was a good pick up for us. We need to look good this season in the worst way.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Tough one. Not the end of the world but we're always playing catch up.

Gatorbait_007

Jan 14, 2016
I know he is considered one of the top if not the top RB in Florida. But like someone said earlier he has already decommitted once. I hope he doesn't turn out like Dalvin Cook. This is why I never put to much into recruiting this early.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
6b403da0bb0ce7ae1133f9b34379eaccb01167df9221e07f30b852bc1da2e758.jpg

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm surprised with this. He just committed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator