Lemons Decommits, then REcommits, then REdecommits

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
New story on what exactly happened. Not specifically what occurred but what his thinking was:

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Lemons is ranked the No. 1 back in the state of Florida and No. 8 nationally in the 247Sports Composite. The Gators will return the four aforementioned players next season, but that doesn’t bother Lemons.

So why is he not a 5*?

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
I doubt we will have all four back; with the way our coaches rotate our backs I dont see Scarlett or Cronk being here next year. Both want carries to show for the next level and getting under 10 a game isn't going to help that

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I doubt we will have all four back; with the way our coaches rotate our backs I dont see Scarlett or Cronk being here next year. Both want carries to show for the next level and getting under 10 a game isn't going to help that

Well neither one is showing high NFL talent so far from what they have done when they get on the field but then again we had a RB taken in the second round and an O linemen taken in the first round recently that didn't look great in college either and aren't producing much in the NFL.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
Well neither one is showing high NFL talent so far from what they have done when they get on the field but then again we had a RB taken in the second round and an O linemen taken in the first round recently that didn't look great in college either and aren't producing much in the NFL.

Well you and I know that a lot of positions take getting consecutive snaps to get into a rhythm. I like that all four play but it's hard to get players going when they're always looking over their shoulder worrying that a simple mistake could take their carries from 10+ to barely 5-9....

I wish we would rotate less on drives and maybe work them in when they're tired or on another drive.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Well you and I know that a lot of positions take getting consecutive snaps to get into a rhythm. I like that all four play but it's hard to get players going when they're always looking over their shoulder worrying that a simple mistake could take their carries from 10+ to barely 5-9....

I wish we would rotate less on drives and maybe work them in when they're tired or on another drive.

I do agree they need to settle on a primary RB but it wouldn't shock me if the freshman might possibly be the best choice out of them. Mac will probably show his choice in the Tenn game and stop sharing the carries so much. My guess is it will be either Scarlett or the freshman.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It is a tough position in a tough league. Four is not too many when dings mount up. Be ready....no time to groove....come in with your groove on.....it's called competition.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

Lemons is ranked the No. 1 back in the state of Florida and No. 8 nationally in the 247Sports Composite. The Gators will return the four aforementioned players next season, but that doesn’t bother Lemons.
===============================================================

So why is he not a 5*?

===================================================================

Maybe a player starts putting in 5* performances as the evaluators keep tabs before they hike up
a rating. Just wait to see.??

{Don't read this PS if you resent tacky stories.}
PS>> While in dental school, I carved a Snoopy in wax and cast it in gold. I put a pin in his
back, thinking of using it as a tie-tack. Well, instead, I put it on my leather watch-band.
People would look close and I would tell them: "He's my watch-dog."
I know Peanuts nuts will know the comic strip I took it from. The one where frame after
frame, Lucy tickle-tortures Snoopy. He's laughing in contorted positions. Then, Lucy leaves
the frame, leaving Snoopy flat on his back, forepaws flat by his side and hindpaws up in air,
and Schultz-lines of exhaustion radiating. Everytime I look at it, I'm awash with happy
appreciation for the wisdom-talent of Charles Schultz.

Last edited:

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015

I'm thinking that's just for the first few games. IF all remain healthy, I wouldn't be surprised to see PEE-rine red shirted. Yeah, he's got a lot of talent, but we're deep enough to go without him this season and retain an extra year of eligibility with him. That alone will free up a lot more carries for the others. And, I do expect the offense to settle into using JS/JC/MT with one taking the bulk of the carries and the other two being challenged to 'up their game' and earn more reps.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'm thinking that's just for the first few games. IF all remain healthy, I wouldn't be surprised to see PEE-rine red shirted. Yeah, he's got a lot of talent, but we're deep enough to go without him this season and retain an extra year of eligibility with him. That alone will free up a lot more carries for the others. And, I do expect the offense to settle into using JS/JC/MT with one taking the bulk of the carries and the other two being challenged to 'up their game' and earn more reps.

How will they redshirt him?

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I'm longing for that RB who hits the opening high-speed and sheds tackler after tackler, getting
6+ yards/haul. Better, if we have several bash-runners. OL's gotta gel. Grow Gators.

Just an aside = would love for Putu to make it big. Think of the national-TV PR as the announcers
gush over his uplifting life story = good ole Florida. Moms will love that = recruits get another angle
of positivity about UF.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
How will they redshirt him?

I expect they'll keep him under the req'd number of games, then he'll experience a shoelace injury or something like Bama does with their kids. I dunno, just my speculation. Maybe one of the others gets hurt and is out for the season and that brings us down to 3, keeping him in the mix. My assumption is they all stay healthy, but we want to reduce to 3 workhorses and save a year for someone - he's the best candidate since he's a true freshman.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I expect they'll keep him under the req'd number of games, then he'll experience a shoelace injury or something like Bama does with their kids. I dunno, just my speculation. Maybe one of the others gets hurt and is out for the season and that brings us down to 3, keeping him in the mix. My assumption is they all stay healthy, but we want to reduce to 3 workhorses and save a year for someone - he's the best candidate since he's a true freshman.

Maybe but people claim those injuries aren't easy to fake anymore with the NCAA like in the past.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
It wasn't enough to overcome the **** show on offense. Watching both teams go 3 and out is not how I want to spend 3+ hours.

I enjoyed the 4th quarter of the LSU game where we kept running the ball and they couldn't stop us. The offense also played well against Texas A&M, UT and FSU. We started off great against FSU then the D made big plays and we had some big runs.

2012 really wasn't that bad considering we had an OL that couldn't really pass protect well and a QB starting for the first time. The only game that was bad was UGA because of all the turnovers.

I'm not saying it was an amazing offense, but they did make some big plays in big games and won some big games.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I enjoyed the 4th quarter of the LSU game where we kept running the ball and they couldn't stop us. The offense also played well against Texas A&M, UT and FSU. We started off great against FSU then the D made big plays and we had some big runs.

2012 really wasn't that bad considering we had an OL that couldn't really pass protect well and a QB starting for the first time. The only game that was bad was UGA because of all the turnovers.

I'm not saying it was an amazing offense, but they did make some big plays in big games and won some big games.

I bet Muschamp had a woody with how we Jumbo packaged LSU and FSU into submission in 2012.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I bet Muschamp had a woody with how we Jumbo packaged LSU and FSU into submission in 2012.

He probably did, the reality is that if you can run like that on a team you should do what we did and hand off every play. There is nothing more demoralizing then having somebody just gash you running the ball over and over like that. IMO

I know it kills me when I see a team running on us play after play. That is when you are beaten down.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

There is no required amount of games for freshman red shirt. If you play one snap you blow your redshirt. You are thinking a medical redshirt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.