Let the QB controversy begin: Will Mushchamp start Harris?

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n68814 said:
And yet the ball was fumbled anyway. This was a dick move.

Seriously....Did you not watch the replay? Go back and watch what actually happened, and why Tenn was penalized on that play and get back to us.

Also, I've been very critical of WM. But it was the right move under the circumstances.

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Even Champ is not this dense. Harris starts.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Muschamp doesn't seem willing to concede to what everyone else is capable of seeing. JD is a good kid and a great athlete. But he just doesn't have that "IT" factor. He doesn't have that intangible quality that a top QB needs to have. He's got no moxy...no mojo...call it what you will, Will, but JD aint got it! Save yourself from yourself and start the freshman!

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
Gatoravatara;n68715 said:
speaking of meltdowns, how about TN blowing it when we practically gave them the game. where is Alvin?

He's at the Rendezvous, butt chugging BBQ sauce

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n68838 said:
Ok. Perhaps I was wrong about that, but I'm not wrong about Muschamp.

Man you need to take something to calm you down.......

We win and you act even more irrational.

:bob:

Gatorious

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
How the game was won: The Vols didn't have to do much for their 9-0 lead through three quarters, as Florida was as inept as ever on offense. Quarterback Jeff Driskel threw three interceptions, but his receivers were as much to blame with several drops and tipped passes. Just before the third quarter ended, Florida coach Will Muschamp went to true freshman Treon Harris, who provided an immediate spark and led the way to 10 unanswered points.

Game ball goes to: Harris gave the Gators a lift, but running back Matt Jones did the heavy lifting. The junior plowed through a Tennessee defense that routinely stacked the box. He finished with 23 carries for 114 yards and a touchdown. Jones also led all Gators receivers with four catches for 19 yards.

What it means: Florida fans had their pitchforks ready in case of another ugly loss, but Muschamp made the critical switch at quarterback in time to save the day. The defense might get overshadowed by the quarterback controversy, but the Gators held the Vols to 233 yards, 145 below their average. There is no moral victory for the Volunteers, who lost another winnable game. Tennessee had three turnovers and committed critical penalties at the wrong times. There is still a long way to go on Rocky Top before Tennessee learns how to win games.

-

What's next: Florida (3-1, 2-1 SEC) plays LSU at home next Saturday and will spend the week deciding whether to give Harris his first start at quarterback. If so, he might match up against fellow true freshman quarterback Brandon Harris. Tennessee (2-3, 0-2) stays home to face Chattanooga. The Vols have to go back to the drawing board and figure out how to improve in clutch situations, as reaching six wins and going bowling for the first time since 2010 is in doubt.

-

http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/...-florida-10-tennessee-9?ex_cid=espnapi_public

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
AugustaGator;n68891 said:
Yes.....he, WM, has no feel for mojo...

Harris may have not even practiced taking snaps under center. I remember Muschamp saying the only time they'd be under center was in victory formation. Plus Driskel took a pounding taking those knees the way TN went full Schiano. You never go Full Schiano.

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Coach9;n68900 said:
Harris may have not even practiced taking snaps under center. I remember Muschamp saying the only time they'd be under center was in victory formation. Plus Driskel took a pounding taking those knees the way TN went full Schiano. You never go Full Schiano.

I thought Augusta's comment was in jest?

Sep 6, 2014
soflagator;n68785 said:
Guys, you do understand that JD has a lot more experience with taking under center snaps, right? I'm as big a critic of WM as there is, but that's the smart move.

HE FUMBLED THE FRIGGIN' BALL!!!

Driskel even managed to **** up a kneel down. He's a cancer to the team. period.

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If Jeff Driskel comes out on the field next week as the starter Muschamp should be fired on the spot.

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n68919 said:
Originally posted by Turk182 View Post

Man you need to take something to calm you down.......

We win and you act even more irrational.

:bob:

You still think WM is a good coach?
You still want to keep him? This game has done nothing to change my mind. We all have been saying to start Treon weeks ago. I said weeks ago on this site that I thought we were gonna win a really ugly game. I also said that we should dump the coach. Nothing has changed for me. Stop trying to act like beating Tennessee is like winning the sec.

Lighten up, Francis.

There were 3 positives to take away from today:
  1. We won an important division game against a rival and on the road.
  2. We finally changed quarterbacks.
  3. The defense was back to being very good.
Is everything where we need it to be, including the HC? No. But, relax and savor some good news for a change.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Turk182;n68905 said:
I thought Augusta's comment was in jest?
No, it was not in jest..

You/we have to take chances....to show your support and confidence in the Team. The Team is dying for it.

I'd also go so far to say the Victory Formation decision was a poor decision too.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
TheDoctorJones;n68922 said:
HE FUMBLED THE FRIGGIN' BALL!!!

Driskel even managed to **** up a kneel down. He's a cancer to the team. period.

Did you even watch the play? Tennessee's DT swatted Garcia's arm before the snap causing the missed snap

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.