Recruiting Let's talk about the most recent poll (win the East or beat UGA)

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I voted beat UGA.

Much like the last two times we won the East we all knew we weren't ready to go to Atlanta and compete. I don't think this team is ready to compete for the SEC title. We went to Atlanta and got embarrassed. With UGA's quick rise, I think beating them - and taking them and their fan base down a notch - is more important. It lets them know they DO have competition and UF ain't goin' away! I don't think we have the roster talent...or QB yet to compete for a title. So, beating UGA (and FSU) would make me a happy fan and give a lot of hope going into the 2019 season.

Anyhow, good poll question. It was a lot easier for me to answer than trying to decide which one of you lovely people I'd like to have dinner with.... :D

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Basically my thoughts exactly. No need to go to Atlanta and take a beat down that can be used against us in recruiting. Much better to beat the dawgs and stop their momentum, remind them they are our biatches!

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
It was an easy choice for me - no question, beat UGA. So was the dinner choice. I think dinner with Rog would be like having dinner with an early-in-career Steve Martin, replete with twisty balloon gags.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I picked Winning the East because the question didn't say picking one would negate the other. For us to win the East this year we're going to have to beat UGA regardless, so it ended up being a vote for both.

Towels 'N Sporks

We R Bad Cause Urban Cheated on Wife
May 19, 2016
My favorite poll so far, but I selected win the East. My reasoning:

1. If we beat GA and lose in the east, that probably means we lose to Tenn and a least 1 other team (maybe Tenn and Muschamp...or worse... Kentucky? LSU?). Is that really any better? In a way, getting to the SEC championship is "beating" georgia.

2. This is UF, we base our seasons off championships, not moral victories. Putting beating UGA over the overall season, in my mind, is giving UGA too much credit. I'm not gonna give the time of day to those backwoods leghumpers. A loss to Georgia will be washed out of my mouth if I get to see them choke away a victory at the end of the season as they let us slip into the championship game.

3. I don't mind going to Atlanta and seeing us getting our s*** pushed in so much if it reminds our players and coaches how much work we have to do to get back to being elite. I think sitting out of that game doesn't help the program in any way. If we don't play the best, we don't know if we can compete with the best (we can't, or couldn't in the recent past, and I think that it's good to realize that as a program). Plus, you never know when a team like Auburn is gonna sneak into the West championship... Those teams will always be very beatable, even during our weak years.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
I like to call it gaming the system.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I picked Winning the East because the question didn't say picking one would negate the other. For us to win the East this year we're going to have to beat UGA regardless, so it ended up being a vote for both.
I guess you don't read poll questions very well.

This isn't a vote for both.

Durfish

Feed me!
Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017
Win the East means a season likely with only a couple of losses. Beating UGA could simply mean Kirby tanks the play calling, loses a big game like Richt, and we lose as many as 4 or 5 games.

I hate UGA, but I'd be happier winning an argument with one of their fans when they say "We kicked your butts this year!" and I say "...and STILL couldn't win the East!"

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
I try to look at the big picture and beating UGA would do way more for us than winning the east. Imo a win over UGA is a must to gain some traction on them in recruiting and I don't think us winning the east does that. Mullen has to show he can compete with Smart on the field before he can on the trail.

ExecutiveGator

Paragraphs are great tools. Use them.
Lifetime Member
Dec 5, 2014
Who cares about winning the East again if we’re going to (again) get slaughtered by the best team from the West?

No, sir. Beat Tenn. Beat Uga. Beat LSU. Beat FSU. That’s still a damn successful year if there’s no crystal to be had at year’s end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.