Life and death at FSU

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Rivals on the athletic field and in the classroom, but we can support them 1000% during a time like this.

Thank God that someone put the killer in hell, saving the victims and families years of re-opening of wounds, court trials, media bull****, etc.

KCgator

Superhero
Sep 7, 2014
GatorPhD;n111153 said:
​

I know this is a message board and I know the atmosphere in here is pretty nasty and rude sometimes, but honestly you people should be ashamed of yourselves. This is not a joking or humorous matter. These are peoples lives that were at stake by some person making bad choices. It could happen at UF as easily as it happen at FSU last night. This is not a matter of us vs. them. This is a time when we should be coming together as a community and has nothing to do with Football or any other sport. These are our friends, neighbors and relatives that are going to school to better themselves. Many people on campus and off campus, students, parents, grandparents, had a long and scary night.

Honestly, this attitude is enough to turn me off coming here anymore. I have family that went to FSU (and before you make any additional stupid comments they went there because the music education program is hands-down the best in the state) and any one of them could have been there in the library on a school night and been caught in a situation like this. I'm not a prolific poster, but I came here when I found it because I missed the old GSMB style of good posters, humor and just enough hatred of FSU, UGA and others. I lurk everyday and read most every thread. However, these comments and ones like them are completely uncalled for at this time. Maybe you should think before you type stupid comments next time.

Bravo man. This not a situation that should joked about.

KCgator

Superhero
Sep 7, 2014
My only hope is that the shooter got blasted in the face so his family can't do an open casket. I am truly sick of these cowards shooting defenseless people.

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Like many, I have family attending FSU right now, and no kid should be a victim of violence on a college campus. Its insane, and its sad.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Heard about this when I woke up this morning. First thing I did was call my son and make sure he was ok. Scary, scary stuff. Prayers for all involved. Even the ones unharmed physically now have to deal with the emotional trauma and that's no joke either.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
Wow that's terrible news, and I agree, some of you all should be ashamed of yourselves for the comments you made.

WillGetIn

Founding Member
Stalker
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Yes, it is a terrible story. But when is one allowed to start telling jokes about it? One day? Two days? One year?

Gallows humor has been around since the beginning of time. If you look at what Freud wrote about it, as well as others, it is a coping mechanism that people employ. Some use it as a way to show that the bad situation does not have the control over them that the enemy tried to exert... Doesn't mean its right or wrong. We all have different view points.

That being said, I can't agree with this...

Gator87;n111139 said:
The shocking news here is that FSU has a library.

All Universities have a library. Its more shocking to me that FSU students were actually in it...

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
WillGetIn;n111218 said:
Yes, it is a terrible story. But when is one allowed to start telling jokes about it? One day? Two days? One year?

Gallows humor has been around since the beginning of time. If you look at what Freud wrote about it, as well as others, it is a coping mechanism that people employ. Some use it as a way to show that the bad situation does not have the control over them that the enemy tried to exert... Doesn't mean its right or wrong. We all have different view points.

All Universities have a library. Its more shocking to me that FSU students were actually in it...

Glad you got that off your chest and exercised your right to "cope" with this tragedy. Maybe you can spend some time with those 200-300 students who were in that library that literally looked death in the face and teach them how to cope as well. I'm sure they're all in the mood to make light of the situation and crack jokes to make themselves feel better.

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorPhD;n111153 said:
​

I know this is a message board and I know the atmosphere in here is pretty nasty and rude sometimes, but honestly you people should be ashamed of yourselves. This is not a joking or humorous matter. These are peoples lives that were at stake by some person making bad choices. It could happen at UF as easily as it happen at FSU last night. This is not a matter of us vs. them. This is a time when we should be coming together as a community and has nothing to do with Football or any other sport. These are our friends, neighbors and relatives that are going to school to better themselves. Many people on campus and off campus, students, parents, grandparents, had a long and scary night.

Honestly, this attitude is enough to turn me off coming here anymore. I have family that went to FSU (and before you make any additional stupid comments they went there because the music education program is hands-down the best in the state) and any one of them could have been there in the library on a school night and been caught in a situation like this. I'm not a prolific poster, but I came here when I found it because I missed the old GSMB style of good posters, humor and just enough hatred of FSU, UGA and others. I lurk everyday and read most every thread. However, these comments and ones like them are completely uncalled for at this time. Maybe you should think before you type stupid comments next time.

Well stated and I agree 100%.

Stick around here. Don't let a few idiots and their insensitive comments chase you away.

And judging by your post above, you should lurk less and post more.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
WillGetIn;n111218 said:

You just couldn't resist could you. Couldn't resist a chance to take a shot a FSU and use a sick and horrible situation to make a joke. Your probably sitting in front of your computer with a smug smile on your face thinking your so smart... in reality... your just an ass.

How about this... don't ever make post 68

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I knew when I started this thread there would be some that would go overboard but they have just as much right to post insensitive things as those posting prayers. It is just a message board and I/ we shouldn't be so quick to judge others by their comments. Gallows Humor is a valid coping device for some.

* Glad the initial report of three dead was not accurate.

KCgator

Superhero
Sep 7, 2014
WillGetIn;n111218 said:

We'll be sure to crack a few jokes right after your mom is beheaded by ISIS. That would sure help me to cope.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
KCgator;n111197 said:
My only hope is that the shooter got blasted in the face so his family can't do an open casket. I am truly sick of these cowards shooting defenseless people.
well said

WillGetIn

Founding Member
Stalker
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator;n111231 said:
You just couldn't resist could you. Couldn't resist a chance to take a shot a FSU and use a sick and horrible situation to make a joke. Your probably sitting in front of your computer with a smug smile on your face thinking your so smart... in reality... your just an ass.

How about this... don't ever make post 68

And you're sitting here on this message board making judgments on other posters... Whats that make you?

We all have different opinions on things, as an example, I wouldn't be caught dead wearing a dress for Halloween, even if I were trying to dress like a Roman Emperor. I don't have the legs for it. Some people would think thats ok. Doesn't mean I would resort to calling you names for it...

WillGetIn

Founding Member
Stalker
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
KCgator;n111247 said:
We'll be sure to crack a few jokes right after your mom is beheaded by ISIS. That would sure help me to cope.

Well, my mom was killed 15 years ago in a murder by someone who went off the deep end and took out 6 others at the same time. We told jokes at her funeral. Since the Pastor and funeral director did too, do you want them murdered also?

KCgator

Superhero
Sep 7, 2014
WillGetIn;n111289 said:
Well, my mom was killed 15 years ago in a murder by someone who went off the deep end and took out 6 others at the same time. We told jokes at her funeral. Since the Pastor and funeral director did too, do you want them murdered also?

You told jokes at the FUNERAL you dense nincompoop! Were you cracking jokes hours after it happened??? If so, your family is ****ed up beyond repair.

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
WillGetIn;n111289 said:

I am sorry for your mom and the 6 other victims of that tragedy, but your sense of humor is bizarre. Most people don't find humor in multiple murders or school shootings.

Just let it go. Any comments other than those of concern and sympathy for the victims of the FSU shooting and that entire campus are crass and tasteless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator