Look for more decommitments

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
williston_gator;n61424 said:
Guys, I'm really not comparing the Meyer and Muschamp tenures, my main point is that people always find a reason to complain, and if you are positive it's seen as a negative.
Welcome to the wonderful world of sports fans. That will never change, in any sport, ever.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
williston_gator said:
Guys, I'm really not comparing the Meyer and Muschamp tenures, my main point is that people always find a reason to complain, and if you are positive it's seen as a negative.

Side note: I thought more people would appreciate my Grossman joke.
Grossman line was pretty good. As Ox said, that's what message boards are for. If every thread was titled "Things are Perfect" and every reply was "Agree" that wouldn't be much fun. Since we're walking down memory lane, remember those among us that wanted to add an good OOC team making our schedule even tougher? Good times.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
williston_gator said:

Side note: I thought more people would appreciate my Grossman joke.
Yeah, can't please everyone.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous said:
williston_gator;n61424 said:
Welcome to the wonderful world of sports fans. That will never change, in any sport, ever.
:bananaburn:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Not sure how that's being a chicken little. That's a concern. Failure to act by Foley will lead to an abysmal class.

Unless Champ benches Driskel. The he has a chance for success.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I was thinking more like oh no!! But it doesn't matter I'd like to the freshmen play myself either way muschamp is toast. I don't know how you recover from this recruiting wise this year. The studs are going to go elsewhere more than likely. It just goes back to me saying last year would have been a better year to fire him

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I agree with that. Axe Muschamp and move on. Work on getting a new coach now. Try to sell that to the recruits.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Yea like I said earlier Meyer was hired early and was able to get a jump start on recruiting and they had a decent class if I remember correctly

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n63268 said:
Yea like I said earlier Meyer was hired early and was able to get a jump start on recruiting and they had a decent class if I remember correctly

We would definitely have a better recruiting class I think if it was done Zook style or just letting Roper finish out or something while we found a new coach that maybe some of the recruits would be willing to wait and see who it is.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Turnover on the coaching staff is going to hurt recruiting no matter when it's done. Right before NSD is obviously the worst time. With our results and the inevitable changing of the guard, we were gonna take a hit this year so I don't know that timing is that big of a deal as long as we have someone in place by Jan. 1st.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm kind of looking forward to the decade of suckage and mediocrity. Then maybe some of the entitled fans will come back down to reality.

:giggle:

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n63268 said:

I don't think so. Meyer was finishing his undefeated season at Utah by winning a January BCS bowl game. I still remember the media interviewing him leading up to that game and he was deflecting, saying he was just worried about Utah, yada, yada, yada...

That's not to say he wasn't talking about the job with UF but he was still very much the coach at Utah until after the bowl season. No early start on recruiting for UF.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n63382 said:
I'm kind of looking forward to the decade of suckage and mediocrity. Then maybe some of the entitled fans will come back down to reality.

:giggle:

On a positive note, it has made my wife happy. UF football has been so miserable to watch I haven't freaked out about missing a quarter or a half or whatever if I have some family obligation. It's liberating, really.

...............And that's depressing as hell.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Alagator;n63942 said:
I don't think so. Meyer was finishing his undefeated season at Utah by winning a January BCS bowl game. I still remember the media interviewing him leading up to that game and he was deflecting, saying he was just worried about Utah, yada, yada, yada...

That's not to say he wasn't talking about the job with UF but he was still very much the coach at Utah until after the bowl season. No early start on recruiting for UF.

He was hired early December but probably coached their bowl game - We ended up with the # 15 class so I expect he was recruiting somehow before the bowl game as that isn't bad for a year a coach is fired..

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Alagator;n63942 said:

Incorrect. He stayed on and coached them through the game against Pitt. But he was hired in Dec.

Late additions were Avery Atkins, Dorian Monroe, David Nelson, Kestahn Moore, Reggie Nelson, Ryan Stamper and others.

t-gator is absolutely correct. The longer we wait--assuming a change is imminent--the worse off we are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator