Looks like Cook sh*t the bed at the combine

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Our boys put up very concerning numbers as well. Seemed like every one of our guys was in the bottom third in bench press for their group. TIFWIW.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Our boys put up very concerning numbers as well. Seemed like every one of our guys was in the bottom third in bench press for their group
Strength and conditioning obviously isnt a concern for this staff.

Actually, Im not sure anything is of concern to this staff. They absolutely have nothing they do well. No strength and plenty of weaknesses, offense, recruiting, S&C, game prep and planning, halftime or in game adjustments, all are terrible.

Last edited:

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Cook doesn't have the durability to be an every down back.

So Sharpe is legally blind in his right eye. Did he conseal this or did our oline coach not think this was an issue

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
Cook doesn't have the durability to be an every down back.

So Sharpe is legally blind in his right eye. Did he conseal this or did our oline coach not think this was an issue

Muschamp left us with 6 scholarship linemen. We couldn't afford to be picky.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Our boys put up very concerning numbers as well. Seemed like every one of our guys was in the bottom third in bench press for their group. TIFWIW.

Our guys have been pushed around or manhandled by pretty much anyone with a pulse for the last several years now and those numbers explain part of the reason why. Another thing I've noticed is that most of the guys chump recruited came in with a sense of entitlement and thought they didn’t have to work hard to be successful and Sharpe is prime example of that. Dude was lazy as sh*t,missed several offseason workouts (every season) always came in overweight, and when the coaches told him he needed to get down to around 320 he basically said it wasn't happening. His piss poor work effort showed up Saturday after Saturday and unfortunately he could careless!

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Give me a break, Cook is way better than his combine showed. Every Gator fan wished we could have landed him and we were all reminded of what we lost out on every time he knifed thru our defense. Cook will be good in the NFL. Whoever drafts him will get a game breaker.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Our guys have been pushed around or manhandled by pretty much anyone with a pulse for the last several years now and those numbers explain part of the reason why. Another thing I've noticed is that most of the guys chump recruited came in with a sense of entitlement and thought they didn’t have to work hard to be successful and Sharpe is prime example of that. Dude was lazy as sh*t,missed several offseason workouts (every season) always came in overweight, and when the coaches told him he needed to get down to around 320 he basically said it wasn't happening. His piss poor work effort showed up Saturday after Saturday and unfortunately he could careless!

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016

Very concerning Mac didn't address this issue when the season was over with. Our strength program needs something different. Everyone says Bama is on roids, maybe so , but they definitely seem a ton bigger and stronger than us. Maybe most of the Champ recruits were entitled and didn't like to work hard, but we should not be getting the volume of injuries that we do and our guys should not seem so small and slow compared to Bama either. Just want the Gators to dominate people again.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Give me a break, Cook is way better than his combine showed. Every Gator fan wished we could have landed him and we were all reminded of what we lost out on every time he knifed thru our defense. Cook will be good in the NFL. Whoever drafts him will get a game breaker.
I have to agree. If he goes late, somebody is going to get a bargain.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

He is a great college runner but I wonder how good Cook will be in the pros. Hard to say whether he will be a top back in the NFL or not. The defenders being stronger and faster sometimes bring some of those backs down to earth really fast. We will see pretty soon I guess what type of back he is at that level.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I always thought Cook was too small and fragile to be a bellcow back. I doubt he can stay healthy.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Cook relied on having a head of steam to get all his yards. How often did he make a guy miss in the backfield with a jump cut and make a big gain? How often did he juke people? Almost never. He's like Fournette in that regard. Straight line runner who's only effective with a gaping hole in the line.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Cook relied on having a head of steam to get all his yards. How often did he make a guy miss in the backfield with a jump cut and make a big gain? How often did he juke people? Almost never. He's like Fournette in that regard. Straight line runner who's only effective with a gaping hole in the line.

Spot on assessment of Cook.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
What does "juking" matter? What matters is seeing holes and hitting them. We've had guys that can shift like Taylor and Scarlett but missed holes all the time. Scarlett got a little better this year with recognizing gaps but Cook is light years better than anyone on our roster at doing that.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

Yep a lot of his runs he would just barely make the edge to get loose for a big gain. The defenders being a little faster might complicate things for him quite a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb