Looks like Cook sh*t the bed at the combine

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
What does "juking" matter? What matters is seeing holes and hitting them. We've had guys that can shift like Taylor and Scarlett but missed holes all the time. Scarlett got a little better this year with recognizing gaps but Cook is light years better than anyone on our roster at doing that.
Not hard to see a hole when your OL is pushing Wake Forest's DL around like they're on roller skates.

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Strength and conditioning obviously isnt a concern for this staff.

Actually, Im not sure anything is of concern to this staff. They absolutely have nothing they do well. No strength and plenty of weaknesses, offense, recruiting, S&C, game prep and planning, halftime or in game adjustments, all are terrible.

But damn it we sure can script an opening drive.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yep a lot of his runs he would just barely make the edge to get loose for a big gain. The defenders being a little faster might complicate things for him quite a bit.

We had holes all over the field last year. And it wasn't until the end of the year when Scarlett started to see them. Even the year prior there were times when Taylor and Scarlett ran the wrong way and ran directly into the line!

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Yep a lot of his runs he would just barely make the edge to get loose for a big gain. The defenders being a little faster might complicate things for him quite a bit.

I was about to make the same comment. I do think he will be productive in the NFL BUT a lot of his yardage comes from turning the corner. In the NFL, that will be much more difficult.

Last edited:

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
It's so hard to gauge how any player will do in the NFL.

These guys have been in an environment where they had employees making sure they went to class, did their volunteer work, completed assignments and every other nuance of their lives. They were told when to get up, where to go, what to eat and completely sheltered from any negative consequences of their behavior.

All of a sudden you give a coddled 21 year old a million bucks and complete freedom a thousand miles from their family. There is no test that will tell you how they will handle that shift in responsibility and finances. Will they maintain the drive or think they have arrived and relax? Will they adjust to being responsible for themselves to a greater extent than the last 3 or 4 years?

It's not just about talent. I think a lot of these players fail because they don't have the necessary life skills.

ergator920103

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We had holes all over the field last year. And it wasn't until the end of the year when Scarlett started to see them. Even the year prior there were times when Taylor and Scarlett ran the wrong way and ran directly into the line!
Thankfully, Skipper is now coaching LB'ers as he is/was a terrible RB Coach. Our RB's missed open holes and more importantly after two years under Skipper had ZERO clue on Blitz reads.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Everyone says Bama is on roids, maybe so , but they definitely seem a ton bigger and stronger than us.

I thought I recall Smart trying to take AL's S&C coach with him to UGA. Did that happen?

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Cook relied on having a head of steam to get all his yards. How often did he make a guy miss in the backfield with a jump cut and make a big gain? How often did he juke people? Almost never. He's like Fournette in that regard. Straight line runner who's only effective with a gaping hole in the line.
Ive been saying most of this all year and all the closet fan boys on this board booed me for it. Cook is not going to be anything special in the league. His highlight reel is running straight through a hole big enough for a freight train. Find me highlights where he busts through a pile breaking tackles. They dont exist. He either runs through a huge hole and is untouched in the secondary b/c the defenses they are playing are awful, or he gets to the edge due to excellent blocking (and holding) and then once again runs straight mostly without any obstacle in his path. He's not gonna have that in the league. He'll be another reggie bush type, lot of hype, end up 3rd down/situational type player.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
we were all reminded of what we lost out on every time he knifed thru our defense.
Every team we played at the end of the season knifed through our defense. Our defense was flat lined by game 9 due to injuries and fatigue. This fact says nothing about cook.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Cook will be the best NFL player out of the RBs in this draft. He is an extremely patient runner and his pass catching ability will be huge if he is used correctly on the right team.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Every team we played at the end of the season knifed through our defense. Our defense was flat lined by game 9 due to injuries and fatigue. This fact says nothing about cook.

Well maybe the fact that he knifed thru a lot of other good defenses throughout his career says plenty. Cook is a beast, I can give credit where credit is due. I'm glad he's gone and we don't have to deal with him anymore, just like you are too and the rest of Gator nation. By the way he ran thru our defense the past 3 years not just last year, you make Gator fans look like whiners with your excuses. Except the results and move on.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Well maybe the fact that he knifed thru a lot of other good defenses throughout his career says plenty. Cook is a beast, I can give credit where credit is due. I'm glad he's gone and we don't have to deal with him anymore, just like you are too and the rest of Gator nation. By the way he ran thru our defense the past 3 years not just last year, you make Gator fans look like whiners with your excuses. Except the results and move on.
I think its you that needs to accept some things. Maybe start by realizing that the reason he knifed our defense is because they aren't that great. Its you whos making excuses for that happening by acting as if hes the greatest thing in the draft this year. Our defense has been downright terrible at the end of the year for about the last 7 years.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
I think its you that needs to accept some things. Maybe start by realizing that the reason he knifed our defense is because they aren't that great. Its you whos making excuses for that happening by acting as if hes the greatest thing in the draft this year. Our defense has been downright terrible at the end of the year for about the last 7 years.

Your the one with the excuses about injuries and fatigue. We've had injuries sure, but we ain't the only team that gets players hurt. We still had a top 10 defense for the past several years. You act like if we played Fsu 1st game of the season Cook would've never torched us. Wrong! Dude was a terrific college player and I think he'll be a good pro.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Your the one with the excuses about injuries and fatigue. We've had injuries sure, but we ain't the only team that gets players hurt. We still had a top 10 defense for the past several years. You act like if we played Fsu 1st game of the season Cook would've never torched us. Wrong! Dude was a terrific college player and I think he'll be a good pro.
I state for the record that we just aren't that good, and that is an excuse to you. Ok bro... I think we're done here. Tell your clown friends about your posts today, they'll be proud.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
I state for the record that we just aren't that good, and that is an excuse to you. Ok bro... I think we're done here. Tell your clown friends about your posts today, they'll be proud.

No bro! You were the one that brought up the injury and fatigue excuses were the reason he killed us. You just sound like a whiny bitter fan. He kicked our butt, get over it and move on. I don't want to see Cook be anymore successful in the pros than any other Gator fan, but I think he will be . You don't think he will be. One of us will be wrong.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
No bro! You were the one that brought up the injury and fatigue excuses were the reason he killed us. You just sound like a whiny bitter fan. He kicked our butt, get over it and move on. I don't want to see Cook be anymore successful in the pros than any other Gator fan, but I think he will be . You don't think he will be. One of us will be wrong.
Why do you keep telling me to get over something I couldn't care less about? Those weren't excuses I brought up. They were facts, and they exist because we have a crap coaching staff. Is saying that an excuse as well? We didnt lose because cook killed us. We lost because we couldn't score a single damn point on offense in 2 freaking games. I know, I know... another "excuse." You realize fsu didn't do jack squat against us 2 games ago tho right? Nothing, nada. They couldn't even cross midfield for most of the game, but our offense did even less, like not even get a first down. The defense got gassed late in the 3rd after being on the field basically the whole game. Then gave up after giving the O good field position multiple times only to have them go backwards with it. THEN cook started to get some yards. But yeah I know, Im just making excuses. Cook and fsu didnt kill us last year or this year. Mac and his sh*ttastic offense buried us 6 feet under long before kickoff... but I know... excuses. I'll let you get back to your love affair with clown boy. Im done here.

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
i am not terribly concerned about what Cook does or does not do in the NFL. Some team will draft him and he will be a millionaire. What does concern me is the apparent overall lack of conditioning and strength of Gator players at combine. This should definitely be a red flag for our coaches. That is, if they are even paying attention.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.