Looks like Cook sh*t the bed at the combine

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Why do you keep telling me to get over something I couldn't care less about? Those weren't excuses I brought up. They were facts, and they exist because we have a crap coaching staff. Is saying that an excuse as well? We didnt lose because cook killed us. We lost because we couldn't score a single damn point on offense in 2 freaking games. I know, I know... another "excuse." You realize fsu didn't do jack squat against us 2 games ago tho right? Nothing, nada. They couldn't even cross midfield for most of the game, but our offense did even less, like not even get a first down. The defense got gassed late in the 3rd after being on the field basically the whole game. Then gave up after giving the O good field position multiple times only to have them go backwards with it. THEN cook started to get some yards. But yeah I know, Im just making excuses. Cook and fsu didnt kill us last year or this year. Mac and his sh*ttastic offense buried us 6 feet under long before kickoff... but I know... excuses. I'll let you get back to your love affair with clown boy. Im done here.

God then with your rationale maybe our players like Tebow and Harvin and Emmitt and any other great Gator player that we had, maybe they really weren't that great. Surely they played against tired defenses too and made tons of yards against them. Do we count that against them, no! Good players make you pay. Weather it's the 1st quarter or the 4th quarter, IT STILL COUNTS! I guess you can't accept that fact. You really seem to be taking this Cook debate personal, what's the matter did he slap you around too?

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
i am not terribly concerned about what Cook does or does not do in the NFL. Some team will draft him and he will be a millionaire. What does concern me is the apparent overall lack of conditioning and strength of Gator players at combine. This should definitely be a red flag for our coaches. That is, if they are even paying attention.

I said the same thing. Why are our guys so freaking weak? Red flag for our coaches? Our coaches have had them for two years. This is what we are as a team. It's a red flag for fans and Stricklin.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
God then with your rationale maybe our players like Tebow and Harvin and Emmitt and any other great Gator player that we had, maybe they really weren't that great. Surely they played against tired defenses too and made tons of yards against them. Do we count that against them, no! Good players make you pay. Weather it's the 1st quarter or the 4th quarter, IT STILL COUNTS! I guess you can't accept that fact. You really seem to be taking this Cook debate personal, what's the matter did he slap you around too?
In order to win a game, you must score... we did not score... at all. Offense did not score once in 2 whole games. Please continue to tell me more about your boy crush cook. I'll hang up and (not) listen.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
In order to win a game, you must score... we did not score... at all. Offense did not score once in 2 whole games. Please continue to tell me more about your boy crush cook. I'll hang up and (not) listen.

Lol, most fun I've had on this board in awhile. You'll listen every time. Jump through the hoop, jump through the hoop. Lol

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
The Bucs are looking at Cook so I am reading all kinds of garbage about him. This, in particular, stood out though:

"Cook led all running backs in 2016 with 1,195 yards after contact, the most of any running back in the nation"

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
The Bucs are looking at Cook so I am reading all kinds of garbage about him. This, in particular, stood out though:

"Cook led all running backs in 2016 with 1,195 yards after contact, the most of any running back in the nation"

This can't be, I was told he only gained yards against fatigued injury depleted teams. Maybe all 1195 yards came in the 4th qtr.

Jun 2, 2015
Give me a break, Cook is way better than his combine showed. Every Gator fan wished we could have landed him and we were all reminded of what we lost out on every time he knifed thru our defense. Cook will be good in the NFL. Whoever drafts him will get a game breaker.

I agree with you and only hope that his little brother is not as good as he is.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Give me a break, Cook is way better than his combine showed. Every Gator fan wished we could have landed him and we were all reminded of what we lost out on every time he knifed thru our defense. Cook will be good in the NFL. Whoever drafts him will get a game breaker.

He was great at the college level. I think that had FSU fed him the ball more at the end of the game, they very well might have beaten Clemson. Instead, they kept getting sacked.

The gaps & pursuit in the NFL are so much tighter he likely won't have the creases to make those explosive runs that defined his college career. Few do.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Oh your a nice guy, but this is obviously a two way street.
Im enjoying the irony of it. It's the only thing that outshines your cook crush. I reply to a comment that's been there hours and within 3 minutes you've responded reminding me of how I'm the one who cant help but jump through the hoop.

I wonder if this will continue? :scratchchin:

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Im enjoying the irony of it. It's the only thing that outshines your cook crush. I reply to a comment that's been there hours and within 3 minutes you've responded reminding me of how I'm the one who cant help but jump through the hoop.

I wonder if this will continue? :scratchchin:

Of course it will continue, I was never the one that stated 3 different times that they were done with this conversation. Just had to throw that worm out there, I knew you couldn't resist. Lol

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Of course it will continue, I was never the one that stated 3 different times that they were done with this conversation. Just had to throw that worm out there, I knew you couldn't resist. Lol
Bump... just because :D

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
He was great at the college level. I think that had FSU fed him the ball more at the end of the game, they very well might have beaten Clemson. Instead, they kept getting sacked.

The gaps & pursuit in the NFL are so much tighter he likely won't have the creases to make those explosive runs that defined his college career. Few do.

This. My guess is Cook won't be elite in the NFL and I would say that even if was a Gator doing what he did in college.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.