Lost weekend...

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Wow...talk about a time suck.

I binged on Stranger Things (Netflix) - 9.5 out of 10 by the way.

Also finished up BoJack Horseman Season 3 - great stuff

A full season of Archer... and wondered what else creator Adam Reed has done.

Turns out I then had to binge on Frisky Dingo .. .dammit.

must do all chores tonight... but right after some more Netflix.
dammit

Last edited:

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I worked yesterday. Today, wife made a big breakfast and I returned to bed for a couple of hours after batting clean-up. :lol: Since then, I've been playing with my son all day. Started drinking some Jameson about an hour ago. Not a bad weekend all in all.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Stranger things was pretty good. I liked that one too

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
Dropped the kids off with their womb donor on Friday night. Grabbed some Cheddar's to go and brought it home to eat.

Saturday, didn't do much of anything, hit Denny's for breakfast, then went to Buffalo Wild Wings in Valdosta for UFC 202. It was a great fight card.

Did fk all yesterday, other than grocery shop and pick the kids back up at 7 last night.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
My wife brought home a "kiddie pool" for our dogs to play in. Evidently is was on sale for 69% off. I went to get it set up and found out she had literally bought an 18 foot diameter above ground pool in a box. Jimminy Christmas.

Two hours later I have the bag laid out and the frame connected together and its filling up with water. Half a day later it's still filling.

Of course all it has is a A shaped ladder for climbing in and out, which obviously is useless for dogs. So off to Home Depot to buy lumber and other material to build stairs on the outside and a swim platform on the inside that they can stand on and not drown.

That was my weekend....spending money and sweating my ass off in order to turn my backyard into the pride of any trailer park.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
My wife brought home a "kiddie pool" for our dogs to play in. Evidently is was on sale for 69% off. I went to get it set up and found out she had literally bought an 18 foot diameter above ground pool in a box. Jimminy Christmas.

Two hours later I have the bag laid out and the frame connected together and its filling up with water. Half a day later it's still filling.

Of course all it has is a A shaped ladder for climbing in and out, which obviously is useless for dogs. So off to Home Depot to buy lumber and other material to build stairs on the outside and a swim platform on the inside that they can stand on and not drown.

That was my weekend....spending money and sweating my ass off in order to turn my backyard into the pride of any trailer park.

shoulda used hale bales.
BB9G8017-copy.jpg

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Just in case there was doubt to the veracity of my story....
455ca7412bcb79383e3f456d3597ccfb.jpg

0b2a7f42a4cbe3d4f341fb5152e92e39.jpg

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Nice freaking view.

How much will the water bill be this month?

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Nice freaking view.

How much will the water bill be this month?
I live on top of a hill so I have 360 views except on the side where the avocado orchard blocks my sight line. No idea on the water bill, but thanks to solar my power bill is zero so I have that going for me. Truthfully the water bill will likely be more than the pool itself. I'm treating it as a disposable item...when it gets cold toward the end of October its going in the trash.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
She'll just buy another one next year because "the dogs loved it so much, and it was so easy for you to put together, and we still have the steps that aren't being used anymore."

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Oh man, the stories I could tell, if I could just remember them.
Funniest-simpsons-gifs-drunk-bart-2-1427921794.gif

In actuality, there's really too many 'lost weekends' and I'm seriously lucky to be alive surviving 10 years of college and another 5 after that living in Gainesville one mile from campus. If it weren't for meeting the right lady in my early 40s, alcohol probably would have played some role in my death by now.

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Wow...talk about a time suck.

I binged on Stranger Things (Netflix) - 9.5 out of 10 by the way.

First of all, I hate your guts.

Secondly, I binged "Stranger Things" over the past two nights. Good stuff. Thanks (and curse you) for the recommendation.

:lol:

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
First of all, I hate your guts.

Secondly, I binged "Stranger Things" over the past two nights. Good stuff. Thanks (and curse you) for the recommendation.

:lol:

I blamed my son for that as well... he specifically said "Get all of the stuff you need to get done before you sit down to watch that"

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I blamed my son for that

Then I have no recourse but to hate your son's guts, as well.....:suspect:

I've always thought Winona Ryder was kind of cute. This series cured me of that....

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.