Loucheiz Purifoy - Canadian Football League

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Just a "something to talk about in the off-season" thread here....

Other than Chris Rainey, Loucheiz Purifoy is the only UF player on a CFL roster this year. Looks like he's done well, now in his third season. Interesting thumbing through the rosters, there aren't many "big" colleges listed. CFL teams are required to have a certain number of "national" players and can only have 20 "international" players: https://www.cfl.ca/game-rule-ratio/

21 National players, 20 International players, 3 QBs, 2 Reserve players = 46 total per roster (7 'starters' must be National players)

Loucheiz Purifoy
- playing in his 3rd CFL season after 11 games w/ Indianapolis in 2014. Had an INT in his first game (last week) this season. I'm not sure what he's making (salary), but CFL teams have a salary cap of around $5 million/team and the "average" player makes $80K (QBs can make as much as $400K, but bench players are often paid around 440K).

From his bio:

https://www.ottawaredblacks.com/players/loucheiz-purifoy-4/161341/

5'11 190lbs 25 years old
Born
: December 16, 1992 – Cantonment, Florida
2017: Years as a Lion: 2nd Years in CFL: 2nd Status: International
Career Games: 36 Playoffs: 2 Grey Cup: 0

Acquired:
Loucheiz was signed as a free agent by the Lions in March 2016.

Highlights:
2017: Picking up where he left off in 2016, Loucheiz enjoyed a productive sophomore year with the Lions. Moving from the nickle linebacker spot into the secondary, Purifoy recorded 49 defensive stops which tied him for fifth among his defensive teammates and added three more tackles on special teams along with three interceptions and 10 pass knockdowns.

2016: A notable CFL debut for the talented defensive back who stepped into the difficult ‘nickel’ position for the Lions and started all 18 regular season games as well as both playoff contests for the club. Fourth among Lions with 43 defensive tackles to go along with five stops on special teams, Loucheiz notched his first interception in Hamilton on July 1 and scored his first TD on a 47-yard fumble return in Montreal on August 4. He also added five sacks, three forced fumbles and four knockdowns on the year.

2014: Loucheiz was signed by the Indianapolis Colts as an undrafted free agent in May 2014 and made the club’s 53-man roster coming out of training camp. He appeared in 11 games for the Colts notching six tackles, a forced fumble and a pass knockdown. He was waived by Indianapolis that November and claimed by the Seattle Seahawks before being released in December.

College:
2011-2013: Loucheiz appeared in 37 games over three seasons at Florida before declaring for the NFL Draft in 2014. The speedy defender tallied 69 tackles, two interceptions including one for a touchdown to go along with 12 knockdowns and four tackles for a loss.

Personal:
Loucheiz graduated from the University of Florida in 2014, and says that if football wasn’t in the cards as a career he would become a psychologist. He didn’t hesitate when asked about his hero, and goes on to talk about his Grandad who is like a father to him. When Loucheiz isn’t on the field, you can find him watching horror movies, or listening to hip-hop music. Loucheiz says his mom is definitely his biggest fan, both on and off the field.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
From Lions starter to CFL. Maybe he is just trying to play his way back to League.

Chris Rainey was always a CFL type talent. Purifoy was an NFL talent w secere lack of discipline.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
No he’s a south-north runner.
Very well done, GiG. When I wrote that, I felt the logic-urge to depict the correct direction he'd headed, but that wasn't the standard phrase. I moved on, feeling the deficit. I saw your quote-note, I returned & you fulfilled it better.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I always perceived him as one of the most overrated players we have ever had.
Glad to see he is getting a chance to play somewhere

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I always perceived him as one of the most overrated players we have ever had.
Glad to see he is getting a chance to play somewhere
Making ints gives you a name, same for sacks. It doesnt matter how many blown coverages or how many times you jump the route incorrectly trying to be the hero.

He and that Smith kid from 2006, very similiar players.

You can always tell who the weak CB is, bc ot is the one the OC throws to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator