LSU dangerously thin at QB: Joe Burrow a starter?

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
I know I can't believe Mullen didn't pursue a grad transfer this year.
I know I can't believe he will only sign one quarterback this signing period.
I know there can't be a more pitiful quarterback room in the country right now than ours, and I truly believe that.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
He's doing well, very likely to win the starting job. It's an easy Google search.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
:suicide2: If our QB situation was as bad as you think meaning the worst in the nation then I would say that we are staring at a possible 0-12 season. Is Skyler Morningwood our QB again this year? Get off the ledge, the season hasn't started yet Nancy.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
LOL, I checked about 6 different websites and Burrow is currently not on any Heisman lists. He's not even in the top 35. We will see how the season shakes out and see how he does against defenses like Miami, Auburn, MSU, UF, UGA, and Bama. Have you seen LSU's schedule?

leogator

May 5, 2018
I checked on a few sites and nobody has named him the starter yet. Actually he's probably running third right now.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I don't follow LSU so I can only go on what I read. Some LSU beat writers and sites say Brennan is in the lead to be the starter and Burrow the backup. Others say the opposite. As with the gators, we'll find out shortly.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
I know I can't believe Mullen didn't pursue a grad transfer this year.
I know I can't believe he will only sign one quarterback this signing period.
I know there can't be a more pitiful quarterback room in the country right now than ours, and I truly believe that.

I disagree with all these things.

How do you actually know he did not pursue anybody, he might have and of course we have enough QBs unless a real no-brainer existed.

You sign the QBs that are willing and fit your needs, not the ones you desire.

And I bet many schools would like to have our QBs, not those competing for NCs at the highest level.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
You never know until they are under real pressure but that QB looked alright in backup duty - like he could actually scan a defense unlike the QB we have here now. Don't understand why we didn't go after him unless they thought it would keep the 2nd Jones from signing. He may not have come anyway with what Mullen runs and what happened at OSU to him.

leogator

May 5, 2018
Look there was no proven spread QB to be had in the transfer market that would be plug and play. Joe Burrow is just as unproven as Trask and Franks. Sandberg was a very good QB running the spread in HS but he has not done anything football related in 5+ years. He was not going to solve our QB problems this year while allowing Jones to mature. I wanted to have 4 QBs in the QB room because I am afraid that somebody will transfer after the season.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
He may not have come anyway with what Mullen runs

Orgeron is more conservative than Mullen is. At no point in his time as HC has he had a passer go over 2500yds. Burrow won't do shyt at LSU.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Orgeron is more conservative than Mullen is. At no point in his time as HC has he had a passer go over 2500yds. Burrow won't do shyt at LSU.

He has chilled out on that some. They passed for over 200 yards a game last year with nothing at QB - that was 40 yards more passing a game than Mullen. Mullen only gets decent passing yards when he has someone that is pretty good at it. Otherwise he runs the crap out of the QB even more I think. He is in a bind this year like he was in 2012 when he didn't have a decent running QB that wasn't a freshman. That year he leaned on the pass more but that QB could pass it a little - we may not even have that here.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
As opposed to coaches that get decent passing yards when they have someone who is not pretty good at it?

Yes there are many coaches out there that get quite a few passing yards with mediocre QBs. Mullen isn't going to throw that much unless he really trusts the guy based on his time at Miss State anyway. He has a real dilemma here with Franks however as he probably knows running him as much as he would like won't work and with Franks limitations passing the ball unless they magically disappear.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I want to fvkking punch Fooley in the throat every time some poster throws up a 60th ranked offense or 2500 yards passing as some GD thing to be lauded.

Yeah, Brantleyville. That's what we hope to attain now.

Fvkk Fooley.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
It doesn't matter what Burrow does at LSU. It would have been a smooth transition being that he's been running our offense for the last 3 years in practice.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I've seen a lot of tape of this guy. It never includes him running with the ball. Why not?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.