LSU Post Mortem...

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Coach9;n79314 said:
I never understood why there was no targeting discussion when a player is laid out by a helmet to helmet hit. I can't help but think the way the game was officiated, if the teams were reversed, Targeting is called. Interception is wiped out and penalty puts the ball on the 30 yard line. Just seems how it goes for us.

I didn't get to watch the game, but, I've watch the replay a hundred times and there's no doubt the defender lead with his head. There was no discussion of it being targeting at all and that really shocked me.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The officiating what questionable through out the game, but we still should have won the game.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Well if Jeff made the call he needs to go and the coach that did not tell him to only run the swing or throw the ball out of bounds if it was covered also needs improvement. I know a little about football and know throwing that sort of pass is foolish, now if they were in zone and you had a receiver who was reliable in catching the ball throwing for a first down or perhaps a TD there might have been possible. We have neither the receiver or QB to do that.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
You could definitely point to a few critical calls throughout the game that were killers for us. But that's also why you can't allow those types of games to be placed in the hands of the officials. Through Muschamp's first 43 games, our average score is 24.65 to 18.97. When an opponent is consistently less than 6 points (1 score) away from beating you, you will lose your fair share of games. As I've stated, it's a flawed philosophy that will not work, and the sample size is large enough to come to that definitive conclusion. Everything else is details at this point.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n79457 said:
You could definitely point to a few critical calls throughout the game that were killers for us. But that's also why you can't allow those types of games to be placed in the hands of the officials. Through Muschamp's first 43 games, our average score is 24.65 to 18.97. When an opponent is consistently less than 6 points (1 score) away from beating you, you will lose your fair share of games. As I've stated, it's a flawed philosophy that will not work, and the sample size is large enough to come to that definitive conclusion. Everything else is details at this point.

I agree and I think his many outward emotional outbursts are part of the problem. I understand he cares, and believe me I tend to have such outbursts. I have learned that they impead improvements, rather than encourage them. I think that Champ is learning this but way too slow for my tastes.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
Bad decision to throw it. And bad luck that it was intercepted. JD even changes to a high arm angle to get over and around a lineman's hand. Ball thrown low with a downward trajectory. If not caught, this almost always ends up in the dirt. Ball ends up getting batted up by the back of Pittman's helmet after he takes the head shot. You couldn't recreate that play if you tried. Cursed.

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n79457 said:

The crazy part is he puts a starter on the field at the most important position who has been absolutely terrible with ball security. His int ratio isn't really that terrible. But for someone who throws so few INT's he makes every single one hurt as bad as possible. It seems like most of them take points off the board we would have had otherwise. Like in 2012 he only threw 5 INT's but the ones against Georgia either gave them easy points or took points away from us. He had the pick 6 against Louisville. It's been the story of his career. Yet Muschamp puts the keys to the football kingdom in Driskel's hands while trying to play zero error football.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Coach9;n79534 said:
Bad decision to throw it. And bad luck that it was intercepted. JD even changes to a high arm angle to get over and around a lineman's hand. Ball thrown low with a downward trajectory. If not caught, this almost always ends up in the dirt. Ball ends up getting batted up by the back of Pittman's helmet after he takes the head shot. You couldn't recreate that play if you tried. Cursed.

:exactly:

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
G 2;n79602 said:
The crazy part is he puts a starter on the field at the most important position who has been absolutely terrible with ball security. His int ratio isn't really that terrible. But for someone who throws so few INT's he makes every single one hurt as bad as possible. It seems like most of them take points off the board we would have had otherwise. Like in 2012 he only threw 5 INT's but the ones against Georgia either game them easy points or took points against us. He had the pick 6 against Louisville. It's been the story of his career. Yet Muschamp puts the keys to football kingdom in Driskel's hands while trying to play zero error football.

Ironic isn't it? Almost comical at this point.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Alagator;n79623 said:
Ironic isn't it? Almost comical at this point.

There's a lot of irony to go around this year. I don't really know, but I think that Jeff has to be a great kid everywhere else. This coupled with that "potential" that everyone has been waiting to emerge can conflict a coach. After all, many of us are taught or believe that if you are a good guy, you automatically deserve a chance, or many, many chances. At some point, the guy in charge has to realize that by continuing to do what we've been doing, we'll keep getting what we've been getting and if it's losses that probably should be wins, then he risks his position. We're there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.