LSU Should Fear the Swamp

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Anytime Les Miles is on the sideline all logic and a few laws of physics may be postponed for the duration of the game. I like us in the is one but it still could be crazy time.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
Gator Fever;n69742 said:
2008 - they lost 4 straight SEC games the year after winning the Championship.

I'forgot about that. That makes me feel a little better.

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We have a habit of making our opponents look great, however, that is because our offense has pretty much sucked. Treon got the entire team excited and behind him yesterday. It was two games in one...the first 3 quarters that we lost...and the 4th quarter where we won. Let Treon just run the offense and this team, on both sides of the ball, will play for him...IMHO.

Gatorious

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
[h=1]I think LSU goes into the Swamp and says...[/h] (Posted on 10/5/14 at 2:43 pm)

WE gonna beat your ass... YES this team has enough talent to do it.... FLA is AWFUL on offense... The D is ok but now that Harris has got the jitters out of the way. I think LSU smokes the Gators........
Icongeauxtigers.png

And this clown in the other direction...

re: I think LSU goes into the Swamp and says... (Posted on 10/5/14 at 2:47 pm to dukke v)

Florida will score 24+, we will not score 20

The Gators are going to score 24? Only if the D gets 14 of them.

Then there's this:

re: Who starts at QB this week? (Posted on 10/5/14 at 2:44 pm to TigerBaitTx)

Harris.

But if he sucks for a half, I think you give Jennings a shot.

Florida isn't good enough offensively to run away from us, so if either QB struggles, we should give the other a chance.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
We actually have an Oline that seems to know what it's doing more so than in recent years. More than one running threat. Our defense might be coming together. A creative OC. All we need is a QB with a little "it-factor" going for him.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
Though they are not mathematically eliminated, I wonder if in their hearts they know their season is done. I doubt they can sustain anything on offense against us. They have a couple of big time athletes on the outside. My only fear is they get lucky on a couple of jumpballs outside.

Gatorious

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
re: What if LSU beat Fla? (Posted on 10/5/14 at 4:07 pm to CalTiger53)

1) It will prove just how bad florida and muschamp are

2) Miles will not abandon his offensive philosophy and game plan. How much evidence do you people need before you realize this.

re: What if LSU beat Fla? (Posted on 10/5/14 at 4:10 pm to CalTiger53)

Then Muschamp would get fired and we could hire him as our DC

re: What if LSU beat Fla? (Posted on 10/5/14 at 4:12 pm to CalTiger53)

If there is coach who sucks at offense like Miles it is Will Muschamp but Fla defense is better.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Corn dogs and Voodoo, at night, in the Swamp. I've seen it all between us and them. In this one, tendencies be damned.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
threatmatrix;n70026 said:
We actually have an Oline that seems to know what it's doing more so than in recent years. More than one running threat. Our defense might be coming together. A creative OC. All we need is a QB with a little "it-factor" going for him.

Yep I think Sommers is a big part of that coaching the OL. Agree with your post.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
We can do it but watch out for the wounded tiger.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The betting line opened up LSU -1 despite that terrible Auburn game they had. We should win most of the fans from the other SEC teams are saying to take LSU at that line.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I think a lot of whether or not the Swamp is truly rocking will depend on the QB call this week. There is a sense of optimism, if only based on the defense and ST's, and this a beatable Lsu team. But after the last 7 quarters of Driskel, I think it would kill a lot of the mood if it were announced that we're going to see at least 2-3 more.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;n69705]It's as bad an LSU team as we've seen since maybe even the days of DiNardo. Tigers fans are even more down on the product than we are.[/QUOTE]

^^This.... I haven't seen LSU look so bad since we used to light them up for 50+ at homecoming under Gary DiNardo.

HogtownGator

It's Great to be a CCW
Aug 8, 2014
TheDouglas78;n70465 said:
Originally posted by '78 View Post
It's as bad an LSU team as we've seen since maybe even the days of DiNardo. Tigers fans are even more down on the product than we are.

^^This.... I haven't seen LSU look so bad since we used to light them up for 50+ at homecoming under Gary DiNardo.
Perfect time to electrify the crowd with TH. Fans deserve to be excited about something. Starting JD is the same as giving the fans the finger.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
TheDouglas78;n70465 said:

Pretty funny thread on Rivals mainboard Saturday night. An Auburn fan started a thread asking what Lsu's worst SEC loss was, expecting them to be on the verge of historical territory. Someone (think it was a Tide fan) said go back and look at some of their games with UF in the 90's. As bad as the beating was Saturday, the '93 game was 21 points worse. Amazing what we could do back then.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n70479 said:
Pretty funny thread on Rivals mainboard Saturday night. An Auburn fan started a thread asking what Lsu's worst SEC loss was, expecting them to be on the verge of historical territory. Someone (think it was a Tide fan) said go back and look at some of their games with UF in the 90's. As bad as the beating was Saturday, the '93 game was 21 points worse. Amazing what we could do back then.

A lot of people forget how great those teams were.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb