Lsu's Ben Simmons Ineligible for Wooden Award

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
For the award, gotta have a 2.0 average. To play for LSU you only need a 1.8 GPA....
so Simmons has been tutored to a 1.8 average.

Poythress for UK has a 3.5 GPA over 4 years.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Good for Poythress! Glad to see he's taken academics seriously. I'm sure cal will hold him up as a shining example of ky academia, distracting us from the rest of the team... 2.0 players.

And what's with l$u setting the bar at 1.8? Pathetic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The more we learn about this guy the less I like him.
He seems to be redefining the term mercenary so much so that even Calipari is blushing.

From the mysterious hiring of a nobody as an assistant coach that ultimately led to Simmons signing, to watching the way he plays solely for himself, I am happy we don't have him.Good Luck LSU, you may hear from the NCAA at some point in the future

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Oh CGgator, the announcer mentioned that Poythress was UK's first
Academic All American in 30 years.... so proud are they.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
This guy is going to be one of those that's broke 2-4 years after retirement. Stats say it happens to 70-80 percent of athletes.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
This guy is going to be one of those that's broke 2-4 years after retirement. Stats say it happens to 70-80 percent of athletes.

So you're really going out on a limb with that prediction, huh?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Being a one and done I'm sure he didn't even show up for class this semester. I think Calipari's one and doners started that.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Good. Overrated punk that will flop at the next level, when his godfather can't be on the coaching staff.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
During the UF-Missouri game at the very highest speed, Chiozza saved a ball from
going out of bounds by slinging a no-look pass to DFS. It wasn't even mentioned by the
announcers. In LSU's game Simmons did a similar play but at a much slower speed.
The announcer gushed: "Simmons is amazing; without looking he knows exactly where
each of his teammates is, at all times. That's the "Simmons over-hype" we all mention here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.